Your self-image refers to the beliefs you have about your character, appearance, and abilities. In his best-seller, The New Psycho-Cybernetics, Maxwell Maltz argues that your self-image determines the person you will become, and for this reason, he teaches how to adopt a self-image that will make you succeed.
In the book, he also teaches about our inbuilt-success mechanism, how we can use our imagination to succeed, the power of rational thinking, and many more lessons.
The book has enabled millions to create a powerful self-image that enabled them to achieve their biggest goals. Here are insightful quotes from the book you must know if you want to succeed.
- ‘The person in hot pursuit of meaningful, rewarding goals and a calendar of important things to do has little time to obsess over trivial slights and offenses.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘Philosopher Elbert Hubbard said, ‘The greatest mistake a man can make is to be afraid of making one.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘Mr.Thomas Edison worked endlessly on a problem, using the method of elimination. If a person asked him whether he were discouraged because doing many attempts proved unavailing, he would say, ‘No, I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.’- Maxwell Maltz
- You cannot realize the potentialities and possibilities inherent in that unique and special something that is you if you keep turning your back on it, feeling ashamed of it, hating it, unfairly comparing it to false idols, and refusing to recognize it as your greatest asset and ally.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘Having a goal and understanding the situation are not enough. You must have the courage to act, for only by actions can goals, desires, and beliefs be translated into realities.’- Maxwell Maltz
- ‘Almost every bright and shining success has in its shadow a long list of disappointments, frustrations, and humiliations.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘The difference between a successful person and a failure is not one’s better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on ideas, to take a calculated risk, and to act.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘When you thoroughly accept that you are not your mistakes, you are freed to acknowledge them, learn from them, set them aside, and move on from them without being mired in them.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘Once a decision is made, focus on supporting it, not second-guessing it.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘No one is immune to negative feelings and attitudes. Even the most successful personalities experience them at times. The important thing is to recognize them for what they are, and take positive action.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- In sports, it’s said, ‘You can’t win by playing not to lose.’ In life, even in everyday situations, we might say the same. In fact, playing not to lose only serves to manufacture and magnify stress, thus increasing the likelihood of making mistakes.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘We must learn to do our work, act on the best assumptions available, and leave the results to take care of themselves.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘The fundamental message of psycho-cybernetics is that every human being has been literally ‘engineered for success’ by the Creator. Every human being has access to a power greater than him/herself.’ – Maxwell Maltz
Which quote did you love the most?