Your self-image refers to the beliefs you have about your character, appearance, and abilities. In his best-seller, The New Psycho-Cybernetics, Maxwell Maltz mainly argues that your self-image determines the person you will become, and for this reason, he teaches how to adopt a self-image that will make you succeed.
In the book, he also teaches about our inbuilt-success mechanism, how we can use our imagination to succeed, the power of rational thinking, and many more lessons.
The book has enabled millions of folks to create a powerful self-image that enabled them achieve their biggest goals. Here are insightful quotes from the book you must know if you want to succeed.
- ‘The person in hot pursuit of meaningful, rewarding goals and a calendar of important things to do has little time to obsess over trivial slights and offenses.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘Philosopher Elbert Hubbard said, ‘The greatest mistake a man can make is to be afraid of making one.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘Mr.Thomas Edison worked endlessly on a problem, using the method of elimination. If a person asked him whether he were discouraged because doing many attempts proved unavailing, he would say, ‘No, I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.’- Maxwell Maltz
- You cannot realize the potentialities and possibilities inherent in that unique and special something that is you if you keep turning your back on it, feeling ashamed of it, hating it, unfairly comparing it to false idols, and refusing to recognize it as your greatest asset and ally.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘Having a goal and understanding the situation are not enough. You must have the courage to act, for only by actions can goals, desires, and beliefs be translated into realities.’- Maxwell Maltz
- ‘Almost every bright and shining success has in its shadow a long list of disappointments, frustrations, and humiliations.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘The difference between a successful person and a failure is not one’s better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on ideas, to take a calculated risk, and to act.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘When you thoroughly accept that you are not your mistakes, you are freed to acknowledge them, learn from them, set them aside, and move on from them without being mired in them.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘Once a decision is made, focus on supporting it, not second-guessing it.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘No one is immune to negative feelings and attitudes. Even the most successful personalities experience them at times. The important thing is to recognize them for what they are, and take positive action.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- In sports, it’s said, ‘You can’t win by playing not to lose.’ In life, even in everyday situations, we might say the same. In fact, playing not to lose only serves to manufacture and magnify stress, thus increasing the likelihood of making mistakes.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘We must learn to do our work, act on the best assumptions available, and leave the results to take care of themselves.’ – Maxwell Maltz
- ‘The fundamental message of psycho-cybernetics is that every human being has been literally ‘engineered for success’ by the Creator. Every human being has access to a power greater than him/herself.’ – Maxwell Maltz
Which quote did you love the most?
16 Sensational Quotes by the Rich and Famous That Prove Hard Work is the Secret to Success
I have written twice, on why hard work is the secret to success because I believe that hard work works. Today, I compiled quotes I noted down from books, songs, interviews, and speeches of some of the world’s famous millionaires to prove that these folks really believe in hard work.
Here are they
- ‘I never cried, never complained, I just worked hard. To get to where I got to in life, it has been hard work.’ – Mayweather, boxer, (Net worth – around $ 700million).
- ‘I represent being sucker-free, being positive, and working hard. I don’t hate on anybody, I’m not a negative individual, and I just wake up and I just try to work the hardest I can work.’ – Puff Daddy, American Rapper & Entrepreneur (Net worth $810 -900 million)
- ‘I just kept at it. I work, work, work, work. I hate lazy people, I hate laziness.’ – Nicki Minaj, Rapper & Singer (Net worth – $ 70 million)
- ‘They always tell me nobody is working hard as you, and even though I laugh it off men, it’s probably true coz when all my friends are out partying I’m just here making music that they party to.’ – Drake, Rapper (Net worth – $120 Million).
- ‘Dreams don’t work unless you do.’ – John C. Maxwell, American Author & Pastor (Net worth – $ 700 million).
- ‘I have brothers like Rick Ross, and Wayne who are working like non-stop. I think we all push each other harder.’ – Drake, Rapper (Net worth – $120 Million).
- ‘I have never viewed myself as particularly talented, where I excel is ridiculous, sickening work ethic. While the other guy is sleeping, I’m working, while the other guy is eating, I’m working. – Will Smith, Actor (Net worth – $250 million)
- ‘Ignore the naysayers, and WORK LIKE HELL.’ – Arnold Schwarzenegger, Actor (Net worth – $ 400 million)
- ‘If you want to win, there is absolutely no way around hard hard work.’ – Arnold Schwarzenegger, Actor (Net worth-$ 400 million).
- ‘Work-hard, and who knows maybe someday you’ll find yourself standing on the stage, or maybe someday somebody will give you an award calling you an innovator.’ – Justin Timberlake, Singer – Songwriter (Net worth – $230 million).
- ‘I had no money to go to college so I had to work three jobs, and I learned a work ethic that I think made me who I am. I am a very hard worker, I am not the smartest kid in class, but just in terms of being clever and having hustle, I think my career proves that I’ll get it done no matter what – Jason Calacanis, Internet Entrepreneur (Net worth – $20 million).
- ‘Work-hard every waking hour if you are starting a company because if somebody else is working 50 hours and you are working 100, you will get twice as much done in the course of the year.’ – Elon Musk (Net worth- $ 20 billion)
- ‘I think there is no secret to success. It’s all about hard work. It’s about going out there and practicing more than your teammates or opponents.’ – Alex Morgan, Footballer ($ Net worth – $3 million ).
- ‘Talent without hard work is nothing.’ – Christiano Ronaldo, Footballer (Net worth – $400 million)
- ’If you think you can make it without working, you are making a mistake. If you are not going to work hard forget about it.’ – Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor (Net worth – $ 400 million).
- You have to work. I work every day and this is why I’m in the top level. It is not by coincidence it’s because I put extra-work outside the field.’ – Christiano Ronaldo, Footballer (Net worth – $400 million)
Which of the above quotes did you like?
Feel free to join my facebook group Unbounded Wisdom Community for more insightful quotes and discussions.
You are free to join my email list for personal discussions and regular updates.
17 Most Encouraging/Inspiring & Motivating Quotes of All Time
As an aspiring blogger and author, I sometimes feel like giving up because my progress is slower than I expected. For this reason, I use self-help material to help me keep moving.
From the self-help stuff, I always note down quotes that encourage me to stay positive and believe that I will achieve my dreams.
Here are 17 of them. Hope they will motivate you
- ‘Everything you need to fulfill your destiny was with you at the moment before, during, and after your conception – so retreat to that knowledge now. Trust in the infinite wisdom that created you.’ – Wayne Dyer, American author, philosopher, & Speaker.
- ‘Don’t worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?’ – Rumi, Muslim Poet
- ‘The universe is abundant with everything you want. It’s not testing you. It’s benevolently providing for you. But you are the orchestrator. You are the definer, and you do it through joyous anticipation. If there is an emotion that you want to foster, that would serve you very well. It is excited anticipation.’ – Abraham Hicks
- ‘I have often said a man’s character is not judged after he celebrates victory but by what he does when his back is against the wall. So no matter how great the setback, how severe the failure, you never give up. You pick yourself up, you brush yourself off, you push forward, you move on, you adapt, you overcome. That is what I believe.’ – John Cena, Wrestler & Actor
- ‘A setback is nothing but a set up for a comeback.’ – TD Jakes, Pastor & Author.
- ‘Every worst thing that happened in my life resulted in the absolute best things.’- Ronda Rousey, Professional Wrestler
- ‘Just because they have a head-start on you does not mean you cannot win the race. The race will be yours if you have faith in yourself and keep making progress on a daily basis.’ – Robert Kiyosaki, Retire Rich Retire Young
- ‘If you know how to build business and invest money, you can make so much money that your problem will be too much money.’ – Robert Kiyosaki, Retire Rich Retire Young
- ‘Good things need time to grow. If you don’t give them time, they will never grow. Remember seasonal flowers come fast and go fast.’ – Osho, Indian Godman
- ‘God knows your needs, he won’t let you down. He will make a way if you trust him. He always gives us strength and our heart’s desire.’- Joel Osteen, Pastor & Author
- When you organize your life around the twin qualities of integrity and courage, every door will open.’ – Wayne Dyer, American author, philosopher, & Speaker.
- ‘No matter how many times you fail, if you continue to pray, you will find yourself free.’ – Emmet Fox, New Though Spiritual Leader
- ‘Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. And let perseverance be perfect, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing’ – Saint Paul
- ‘At the end of the day, my career from to 3LW to here, nothing’s been easy, but if you just keep focusing on the positive and the wins, NOTHING CAN STOP YOU – Naturi Naughton, Actor (Tasha on Power TV Series).
- ‘Every moment that I’ve had that put me through a struggle has actually made me stronger and made me a better artist.’ – Naturi Naughton, Actor (Tasha on Power TV Series).
- ‘You cannot let a fear of failure, comparison, or judgement, stop you from doing what’s going to make you GREAT. You cannot succeed without the risk of failure, and you cannot succeed without the risk of criticism. You must go out and you must take these risks.’ – Charlie Day, American Actor, Musician & Comedian.
- I don’t dwell on the negative because if you do, then there’s no progression. There’s no forward movement. You got to always look on the bright side of things.’ – Taraji Henson, Actor.
- A winner is a dreamer, who never gives up.’ – Nelson Mandela
Which of the above quotes encouraged you the most? I would appreciate if you inform me in the comment box below.
You are welcome to join my amazing facebook group: Unbounded Wisdom Community for more insightful quotes
JOIN MY EMAIL LIST FOR UPDATES AND PERSONAL/PRIVATE DISCUSSIONS
IDEAS7 months ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
SUCCESS6 months ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE6 months ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
Motivation7 months ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
HIDDEN TRUTHS6 months ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
QUOTES4 months ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS4 months ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
IDEAS5 months ago
Top 4 Startling Reasons Why Talented Individuals Fail
IDEAS7 months ago
Why You Must Never Share Big Ideas with Small Minded People
IDEAS7 months ago
Top 4 Quick and Sure Ways to Conquer Discouragement