In his book, Jeff Goins debunks the idea that artists starve. He provides several examples of individuals that make money from art and enlightens us about the factors that make artists succeed. The book is an inspiring read for anyone who wants to be an artist.
I gathered the following amazing quotes from Jeff Goins’ book.
- ‘We can go in the direction of what is expected of us. Or, we can enter a world of possibility and reimagine our future.’
- ‘If we want to become artists, we are going to have to break some rules. We cannot do just what is expected of us. At some point, we must break away from the status quo and forge a new path. As it turns out, this is how creativity works best.’
- ‘You can do extraordinary things when you are patiently persistent.’
- ‘Over the course of a lifetime, we may find ourselves facing new challenges at every turn, and when we do, we must remember that we are never done becoming who we are.’
- ‘What’s out there, however scary it may be, is almost certainly better than staying where we are now.’
- ‘This is the rule of creative theft, which says greatness doesn’t come from a single great idea or eureka moment. It comes from borrowing other people’s work and building on it.’
- ‘You persevere because you know this will not be easy and the odds are stacked against you. But if you keep going, you will outlast the majority who quit at the first few signs of trouble.’
- ‘What will make you stand out from the crowd is not just the audacity to ask for help but the humility to learn and act.’
- ‘Stubbornness can be an essential ingredient in making a living off your art. When you harness your strategic stubbornness, you give the world a reason to believe in your work.’
- ‘When we allow ourselves to be teachable, we attract those who would influence us and help our work spread.’
- ‘Employers become patrons when we begin to see them not as obstacles to the work we want to do but as a way of funding it.’
- ‘A willingness to step out of our comfort zone is the first step towards finding the place and the people who will help our work thrive.’
- In every failure and disappointment, there is an opportunity to either give in to frustration or see such shortcomings as practice.’
- ‘When we sincerely offer our gifts to the world, not through hype but by practicing in public, the world often repays us by first taking notice and then responding with loyalty. We get better, earning an audience that will allow us to continue for the years to come.’
- ‘The age of the starving artist is over. The era of the thriving artist is among us.’
15 Life-Changing John Cena Quotes
John Cena is a professional wrestler and actor who once lived in his car and cleaned toilets for a living. He is a humble celebrity and many people love him. Recently, a South African rapper released a song named John Cena, and Cena avoided taking legal action against her because he didn’t want to take her efforts away.
Anyway, besides watching him fight and act, I love listening to his life-changing pieces of advice.
Here are his top pieces of advice about life and success.
- ‘I have often said a man’s character is not judged after he celebrates victory but by what he does when his back is against the wall. So no matter how great the setback, how severe the failure, you never give up. You pick yourself up, you brush yourself off, you push forward, you move on, you adapt, you overcome. That is what I believe.’
- ‘Surround yourself with wonderful people, be willing to learn, be willing to be humbled, and good stuff will happen.’
- ‘Don’t waste time and energy over the uncontrollable.’
- ‘To succeed I had to believe every night that I am the best.’
- ‘I’ve never been closed-minded to anyone’s opinion because you can learn from everybody.’
- ‘Take what you have and make it something great.’
- ‘No matter what you do, be yourself, and love what you do.’
- ‘Failure has made me who I am today. Failure gives you two choices, you stay down or you get up.’
- ‘Always try to do what you love. It’s always possible. It’s just a matter of sacrifice.’
- ‘I took risk, after risk, after risk.’
- ‘Check for your knob, and if you can find a knob it’s your door.’
- ‘Never give up. I have failed tens of thousands of times.’
- ‘If you don’t learn from your mistakes, they become regrets.’
- ‘The reason I have got to the finish line only a few times through all that failure is because through that failure I got back up.’
- ‘The future shows a lot of promise, but I think we should focus on the now.’
17 Enlightening Bob Marley Quotes
Bob Marley was a famous reggae musician who died in 1981. According to many news sources, cancer was the cause of Bob Marley’s death. However, conspiracy theorists believe Bob Marley was assassinated by the elite because of his revolutionary lyrics. According to them, the elite feared Bob Marley’s lyrics would awaken the masses by providing them with enlightening knowledge.
This article provides you with 17 enlightening Bob Marley Quotes.
- ‘The way you’ve been taught about the Bible is not the way of the Bible.’
- ‘The greatest thing is the life we are dealing with, but the preachers tell you that you have to die to go to heaven.’
- ‘The Bible tells you that you have to live in heaven. Therefore, you don’t have to die and go to heaven.’
- ‘My life is only important if I can help many people.’
- ‘I don’t come to bow; I come to conquer.’
- ‘In everything you are going to do, there is a wrong way and a right way. And if you listen good, you will know the right way.’
- ‘Every law is illegal; every government upon the face of the earth today is illegal.’
- ‘People drink a lot of alcohol, and they get drunk. When you get drunk, you don’t meditate. You’re just drunk, and you feel miserable. But when you smoke, it makes you cool, and stimulates your mind.’
- ‘What people do with their lives, I don’t know, but I know what I do with my own life.’
- ‘School doesn’t teach people about their true history and where mankind came from.’
- ‘They tell you that people come from monkey. How come the monkey doesn’t change any more.’
- ‘It’s a very tricky world. You got to be yourself.’
- ‘Truth is everyone is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones suffering for.’
- ‘My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.’
- ‘‘Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.’
- ‘The day you stop racing is the day you win the race.’
- ‘Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.’
You are welcome to my facebook community, the unbounded wisdom community, for insightful quotes and ideas.
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
SUCCESS2 years ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.