One of my best blogs, Academyofideas.com is an amazing blog created by two brothers. I love the blog because it enlightens individuals on the importance of going their own way. The blog has several articles that explain why and how the society can prevent you from reaching your full potential.
I read 90 percent of the blog’s articles. I loved them, and noted wonderful quotes
- If you deliberately plan to be less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you’ll be deeply unhappy for the rest of your life. You will be evading your own capacities, your own possibilities.’ –Abraham Maslow – Article-The Jonah Complex and the Fear of Greatness
- ‘When an individual fails to recognize their persona for what it is (a mere personality mask), and instead thinks the person they portray to society is who they really are, then they have disowned their self.’ – Academyofideas.com – Article – Nathaniel Branden and the Disowned Self.
- ‘While we often like to emphasize our commonalities with others in order to fit in and feel a sense of belonging, the pathway to your fulfillment is found not by merging into and conforming with the crowd, but by nurturing your uniqueness, discovering your own truth and going your own way.’ – Academyofideas.com – Article – The Great Work of Your Life Dharma, and Embracing Fear
- ‘The idea of loving your suffering sounds impossible, but when we look in our past, we realize that the greatest changes happened during deeply troubling times.’ – Academyofideas.com
- ‘It’s a paradox. When you focus on the journey/process, the intended product takes care of itself with fluid ease. When you focus on the product of your effort, you immediately begin to fight yourself and experience boredom, restlessness, frustration, and impatience.’ – Academyofideas.com – Article – The Practising Mind: Thomas Sterner on Developing Discipline in Your Life
- ‘The salvation of man is through love and in love. I understood how a man who has nothing left in this world still may know bliss, be it only for a brief moment, in the contemplation of his beloved,’ – Academyofideas.com – Article – Viktor Frank and The Search For Meaning
- ‘Suffering will always be a common feature of any life, but while most people try to escape from their suffering – drowning it out with distraction or muffling it with medications – it is possible to develop a positive relationship with it. We can accept our suffering, and even grow to love it,’ – Academyofideas.com – Article – Nietzsche: The Eternal Return, Suffering, and the Affirmation of Life.
- ‘When we align ourselves towards a future goal we care deeply about, we’ll not only find life more meaningful, but develop the motivation to endure present sufferings.’ – Academyofideas.com – Article – Viktor Frank and The Search For Meaning
- ‘In the process of strengthening your willpower and making changes to your behaviour patterns there will inevitably be times when you give in to temptations and stray off course. When this happens, you should not respond with self-criticism. Multiple studies have shown that self-criticism decreases motivation, inhibits self-control, and is strongly associated with depression.’ – Academyofideas.com – Article – Brain Plasticity, Strengthening Your Willpower, and Improving Your Self-Control..
- It’s important to learn how to live with fear, and accept it as an inevitable part of going your own way. If you don’t pursue the great work of your life because you are paralyzed with fear, as Abraham Maslow pointed out, a life of unhappiness lies waiting for you.’ – Academyofideas.com.
- ‘It’s common knowledge that the potential for growth and change accompanies experiences of hardship, struggle, and failure, but what is uncommon is the application of this knowledge when in the midst of deep pain or hardship. When suffering, most people never embrace suffering and think how much they’ll grow from it. Instead they lament over their pain and seek to do away with it in any way they can.’ – Academyofideas.com – Article – Nietzsche: The Eternal Return, Suffering, and the Affirmation of Life.
- ‘Too many of us have passion – some sort of meaningful activity through which we can cultivate our creativity – yet lack the confidence that we can become a master in that field. And so we relegate the activity the status of ‘hobby,’ and in the process do ourselves and our overall well-being in life a great disservice.’ – Academyofideas.com – Article – Nietzche on Genius and Mastery
- ‘At your birth a seed is planted. That seed is your uniqueness. It wants to grow, transform itself, and flower to its full potential. It has a natural, assertive energy to it. Your life’s Task is to bring that seed to flower, to express your uniqueness through your work. You have a destiny to fulfil. The stronger you feel and maintain it – as a force, a voice or in whatever form – the greater your chance for fulfilling this Life’s Task and achieving mastery.’ – Academyofideas.com – Article – Robert Green’s Mastery:A Guide to Finding a Purpose For Your Life.
- ‘Every man has a vocation to be someone; but he must understand clearly that in order to fulfil this vocation he can only be one person: himself.’ – Academyofideas.com – Article – The Great Work of Your Life Dharma, and Embracing Fear
- ‘If you’re feeling patient and at peace with the moment, you’re focused on the journey. If you’re feeling impatient and anxious, then you’re focusing on the final goal.’ –Academyofideas.com – Article – The Practising Mind: Thomas Sterner on Developing Discipline in Your Life.
- ‘It is when you’re not concerned with whether you’re making progress that your ability to learn and hone your craft reaches its peak.’ – Academyofideas.com– Article – The Practising Mind: Thomas Sterner on Developing Discipline in Your Life.
- ‘We must apprehend that mastery is something cultivated over numerous years of focused effort, sustained by passion, and guided by an inner vision of a goal to be realized.’ – Academyofideas.com- – Article – Nietzche on Genius and Mastery
Which is your best quote?
You are welcome to join my amazing facebook group: Unbounded Wisdom Community for more insightful quotes
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE
34 Amazing Quotes from 101 Really Important Things You Already Know, But Keep Forgetting
In his book, 101 Really Important Things You Already Know But Keep Forgetting, Ernie Zelinski reminds you of the life principles that will help you live a wonderful life. If you love noting down quotes from books, I’m sorry to tell you that you’ll have to note down every sentence from this marvelous book. The book teaches all the tips you need in the journey of life, and for this reason, you’ll feel wiser after reading it.
I gathered amazing quotes from the book which I believe every person obsessed with personal development must know.
Here are they:
- ‘You must have faith in yourself. When your instincts tempt you to take a risk on something that is not a life-and-death matter, then do so with confidence.’
- ‘The best way to impress other people is by not trying to impress them.’
- ‘Confidence is everything when it comes to achieving success. Lack of faith in their abilities is the main reason that most people don’t come close to achieving their full potential.’
- ‘If you are dissatisfied with your career choice, the greatest risk may be in not leaving your job.’
- ‘If you want to be happier, try going with the flow of life a little more. Let things happen naturally instead of always trying to make things happen. It’s always easier to ride a horse in the direction it’s going.’
- ‘Don’t walk away from negative people – Run!’
- ‘Don’t buy into the sentimental notion that success is an absurd, erratic thing attainable only by a few or the extremely talented.’
- ‘Life is a learning process and the school of hard knocks is a great teacher. Pleasure and comfort don’t build character – adversity does! Once you acquire your Master’s in adversity, you will be prepared for the worst situations.’
- ‘Dreams often do come true for many people, but only for those who focus and work on them. To be totally playing the game of life, you must have dreams towards which you are working.’
- ‘When you are meeting people, the key is not to be desperate. The least amount of affection is going to flow your way when you seek it the most.’
- ‘There is no need to drive an expensive car, live in a big house, or wear fashionable clothes in an attempt to be liked by others. The best alternative to trying to impress others is to be yourself. You must project who you really are instead of some act or façade that isn’t you.
- ‘If the path you have taken in life feels really safe, then likely it is not the right path.’
- ‘Greek philosopher Aristotle claimed that happiness is the only thing that humans desire for its own sake. People seek riches, not for the sake of being rich, but to be happy.’
- ‘Happiness will elude you as long as you are thinking and doing what’s wrong for you.’
- ‘Don’t be dismayed when the world hasn’t brought you what you want. For many of the things that you have been denied the universe has brought you something better.’
- ‘Ordinary people attain extraordinary success – you can too!’
- ‘When someone fails to keep a commitment, there is a 95% chance that it will happen again.’
- ‘Like virtually everyone else in this world, you can accomplish more than you can think you can. Most limitations are in your mind.’
- ‘Act with kindness, ‘Confucius told us, ‘but do not expect gratitude.” The key is to have faith in the spiritual principle that when you do wonderful things for others, even more, wonderful things will come back to you in the future when you least expect them,’
- ‘The pain of unfulfilled dreams can be the worst ache you’ll ever experience.’
- ‘The word ‘boredom’ should not even be part of your vocabulary. As French novelist Jules Renard commented, ‘Being bored is an insult, to oneself.’ You as a creative individual has the ability to pursue interesting activities.’
- ‘Stop caring about what others think about you. Completely! Totally! 100 %! You will save yourself a lot of frustration and embarrassment.’
- ‘According to Richard Bach, ‘You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true – you may have to work for it, however.’
- ‘The more people who truly care whether you get up in the morning, the richer you will feel! You will find this to be true whether you are wealthy or broke.’
- ‘The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of doing and what one has in fact become.’
- ‘To achieve success in your career and personal life, it helps to have friends who are going to inspire you to greater heights. “Keep away from the people who try to belittle your ambitions.’
- ‘Unfortunately, our tendency to be too reasonable leads us to ignore our hunches, inner voices, dreams and pre-nominations. We must follow our instincts – instead of reason – if we want to excel in this world.’
- ‘Travelling on a risk-free road, unfortunately, won’t get you to any important destination.’
- On your journey to success, you will encounter many new problems – but you will encounter many new opportunities and wonderful experiences as well.’
- ‘Spending too much time watching and talking about celebrities robs us of precious time and energy that could be used in attaining significant accomplishments ourselves.’
- ‘Indeed, misery doesn’t love company – it demands it.’
- ‘An effective way to learn about life is not to talk as much as the other person.’
- ‘The surest way to failure is trying to please anyone.’
- ‘If your life is not working all that well, start with the premise that your beliefs haven’t served you all that well.’
Which of the above quotes is the most amazing quote? Which quote touched you?
26 Most Enlightening Osho Quotes on Life
Osho was a mystic who loved providing life-changing spiritual teachings to his audience. Many people love his teachings because they are enlightening. You must grab some of his books if you are hungry for deep spiritual knowledge. I love reading his books and watching his videos.
Here are 26 enlightening quotes I gathered from his teachings.
- ‘He is religious who knows that universal forces are at work and there is no hurry – that his hurry is of no use. If we can only be one with the universal harmony, it is enough – and it is blissful.’
- ‘Always listen to your body. It whispers, it never shouts, because it cannot shout. Only in whispering, it gives you messages. If you are alert, you will be able to understand it. And the body has a wisdom of its own which is very much deeper than the mind.’
- ‘So a man of understanding accepts all and tries to find how to use everything creatively.’
- ‘Don’t have any ideas about life. Let life have its own. You just go with it. Whatsoever happens is good. That should be the attitude. Say ‘yes’ whatsoever happens. What else can one do? Be a total ‘yes.’ Then there is no confusion, no conflict, because you are not moving up-current. Just float with the stream.
- ‘The future always remains beyond our power, that’s why it is the future. It simply means that nothing can be done about it right now because it is not yet. All that you can do, you can only do with the present. With the past you cannot do anything; it is gone.’
- ‘Painting or poetry, dancing or singing or whatsoever, if a person has a certain talent, it is futile to work somewhere else.
- ‘If you don’t like anything, whatsoever it is, to remain in it even for a single moment is suicidal. Then whatsoever the risk, come out of it.’
- ‘Love opens doors to the milky way. Love is the bridge between earth and heaven, between man and god. Let love be your only law: there is no higher truth. If a man can love, then nothing else is needed: that will transform.’
- ‘Critical mind is an absolute necessity if you are working on a scientific project. But the critical mind is an absolute barrier if you are trying to reach your interiority.’
- ‘It is not really anger. Only on the surface does it look like anger. Deep in your being, you are so full of energy that you don’t know what to do with it; that’s why it takes the form of anger. You have great creative potential. It is creative energy which is not being rightly used; it becomes sour.’
- ‘Just look at the world! Whosoever created it or dreamed it, must be a great dreamer…so many colors and so many songs. The whole existence is a rainbow. It must come out of deep imagination.’
- ‘Tomorrow is open. Anything is possible….and everything is possible. So live this moment as totally as possible, that’s all, don’t be worried about the future; everything is taken care of.’
- ‘Once we have a glimpse of God, then God alone is, nothing else. But that glimpse will only be possible only when everything within us is still and quiet. And there is no question.’
- ‘Imagination is going to be your oath, so never deny imagination. It is the only creative faculty in man, the only poetic faculty, and one should not deny it.’
- ‘Life is always at the beginning, always. Wherever you are, it is always at the beginning. That’s why life is so beautiful, young, fresh.’
- ‘If you start liking that which is happening, if you don’t put your own will against the whole, if you simply say okay, whatsoever happens you simply say ‘yes,’ then you can never be miserable, because whatsoever happens, you are always in a positive attitude ready to receive it and enjoy it. If it goes just according to your nature, very good. If it sometimes goes against your nature, you take it as part of growth. If it is pleasure, good. If it is pain you accept it as a price to be paid for all the pleasures that are available in the world, the cost to be paid.’
- ‘Things are as they should be. They have always been that way. Existence is going so smoothly. Look at the stars and the birds and rivers. Things are going so smoothly. There seems to be no problem. All problems exist in man and in the mind of man, and the problems created, manufactured by man.’
- ‘Trust always, that everything is going to happen, and that is going to be good. Your trust will make it so. Trust is not simply trust- it is a creative force. When you trust things start happening accordingly.’
- ‘Remain flexible and spontaneous, and never be afraid of committing a mistake. If you are too much afraid of committing a mistake, nothing can be done. One has to make mistakes – that’s the way one learns.’
- ‘Whatsoever you do, just do it as totally as possible. Everything should be done in such a relaxed way that there is no effort in it.’
- ‘We pay attention, more attention, to the very trivial things – a big house, money, prestige, respectability – but we never think about life and its intrinsic value. Everything else is just trivial in comparison to life. So the greatest blessing has already happened. By being alive one has already been accepted by God, and has already been presented with a great gift. By being alive you have already been loved by the universe.’
- ‘Deep down, whatsoever you want to be that’s what you become. Thoughts become objects; thoughts become happenings, thoughts create your personality. Essentially we alone are responsible for the way we live, and the level which we live.’
- ‘Listen to your heart, and whatsoever is there bring it out.’
- ‘If you trust, your trust will fulfill itself.’
- ‘This is my observation – that life goes on helping you, giving you whatsoever you ask.’
- ‘What I am saying is that right now you can enjoy life, there is no need to postpone. Only this moment is certain because it has already arrived. You can drink out of it as much as you want, as deeply as you want. It is available to you – this, moment you are wasting in struggling, in tensing yourself. Relax.’
Which of the above quotes do you believe is the most enlightening?
SUCCESS9 months ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
QUOTES7 months ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
IDEAS9 months ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
GENERAL ADVICE9 months ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
SUCCESS6 months ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
Motivation9 months ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
SUCCESS3 months ago
6 Types of People Who Progress Faster
HIDDEN TRUTHS8 months ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
IDEAS9 months ago
Why You Must Never Share Big Ideas with Small Minded People
IDEAS7 months ago
Top 4 Startling Reasons Why Talented Individuals Fail