Benjamin Franklin was a successful inventor, author, scientist, publisher, and statesman. His works played a crucial role in founding America. In 1758, he wrote an essay: The Way to Wealth, in which he shared powerful proverbs that advice on how to succeed in life. I have read the essay several times because I love its harsh realities. Here are my favorite 17 quotes from the essay.
- We are taxed twice by our idleness, three times as much by our pride, and four times by our folly and the government can’t free us from these taxes.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘Beware of little expenses, a small leak will sink a great ship.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘If we are hard working we will never starve because, at the hardworking man’s house, hunger looks in but dares not enter.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘Wise men learn from other people’s mistakes, while fools learn from their own.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘Do all your best today because you never know how much you may be hindered tomorrow.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘If you love life don’t squander time because life is made of time.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘We waste so much time sleeping forgetting that there will be sleeping enough in the grave.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘Laziness makes things difficult, hard work makes things easy.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘He that lives with hope will die fasting.’- Benjamin Franklin
- ‘Be up before sunrise, don’t let the sun look down and say, inglorious here he lies.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘Stick to your work steadily and you will see great effects, for constant droppings, wears away stones, and by diligence and patience the mouse ate into the cable, and little strokes fail great oaks.’- Benjamin Franklin
- Add frugality to hard work if you want to make your hard work more successful.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘Buy what you don’t need, and you will sell what you need.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘God gives all things to hard work.’ -Benjamin Franklin
- ‘Learning is to the studious, and riches to the careful, as well as power to the bold, and heaven to the virtuous.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘What use is this pride of appearance, of which so much is risked, and so much is suffered. It cannot promote hate or ease pain.’ – Benjamin Franklin
- ‘Think what you do when you run in debt, you give to another power over your liberty. If you cannot pay on time, you will be ashamed to see your creditor, and you will be in fear when you speak to him.’ – Benjamin Franklin
Which quote did you love the most??
Find me on my facebook group: Unbounded Wisdom Community, for more insightful quotes, and discussions.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE
20 Enlightening Quotes from Seth: the Spiritual Entity that Possessed a Famous American Author
In 1963, a spiritual entity possessed Jane Roberts, a poet and author, and revealed enlightening spiritual information through her. Her husband recorded this information in written form hence resulting in the creation of the Seth Material, which is now recommended by famous authors such as Deepak Chopra and Mariam Williamson.
I’ve read a few books from the Seth Material, and I would love to share with you the most enlightening quotes from the books.
- ‘Believe, then, that you are a being unlimited by nature, born into flesh to materialize as best as you can the great joy and spontaneity of your future.’
- ‘You are a creator translating your expectations into physical form. The world is meant to serve as a reference point. The exterior appearance is a replica of inner desire. You can change your personal world. You do change it without knowing it. You have only to use your ability consciously, to examine the nature of your thoughts and feelings and project those with which you basically agree with.’
- ‘Experience is the product of the mind, the spirit, conscious thoughts and feelings, unconscious thoughts and feelings. These together form the reality that you know. You are hardly at the mercy of reality.’
- ‘It is perfectly fine to make plans for the future, yet each individual should live day by day, without worrying about the outcome of those plans.’
- ‘You are so busily concerned with daily matters that you do not realize that there is a portion of you that knows that its own powers are far superior to those shown by the ordinary self.’
- Consciousness is not dependent upon form, as I have said, and yet it always seeks to create form.’
- ‘The conscious idea of magic, then, is a mask, or contrived version, of the psyche’s innate clairvoyant, telepathic, and precognitive abilities.’
- ‘It would help considerably if you thought of your work more as an adventure, an exciting creative adventure, than of work in your old terms.’
- ‘Creativity rides the tides of love. When love is denied its natural expression, creativity suffers.’
- ‘To the extent, therefore, that you allow the intuitions and knowledge of the multidimensional self to flow through the conscious self, to that extent not only do you perform your role in the play more effectively, but also you add new energy, insights, and creativity to the entire dimension.’
- ‘When the ego becomes too concerned with daily matters, with worry in other words, then the works of the ego become clogged.’
- ‘If there is good communication between the inner self and the outer ego, then the ego begins to understand what it is, and also to realize that it has greater capacities.’
- ‘As long as you believe your environment to be objective and independent of yourself, then to a large extent, you feel powerless to change it, to see beyond it, or to imagine other alternatives that may be less apparent.’
- ‘Mental images, accompanied by strong emotion, are blueprints therefore upon which a corresponding physical object, or condition or event, will in your terms appear. The intensity of a feeling or thought or mental image is, therefore, the important element in determining its subsequent physical materialization.’
- ‘The body’s natural healing processes each day rid people of diseases, repair emotional or bodily illnesses – and such instances go largely unrecorded.’
- ‘I want it known that thoughts and emotions are formed into physical matter by very definitive methods through laws quite valid, though they may be presently unknown.’
- ‘A soul is not something that you have, it is what you are.’
- ‘You get what you concentrate upon, and your beliefs are largely responsible for those areas in which you concentrate.’
- ‘Any creative work involves you in a cooperative process in which you learn to dip into other streams of consciousness, and come up with a perception that has more dimensions than one that is arising from the one narrow, usual stream of consciousness that you know.
- ‘Great creativity is then multidimensional. Its origin is not from one reality, but from many, and it is tinged with the multiplicity of that origin.’
The end. Thanks for reading.
15 Life-Changing John Cena Quotes
John Cena is a professional wrestler and actor who once lived in his car and cleaned toilets for a living. He is a humble celebrity and many people love him. Recently, a South African rapper released a song named John Cena, and Cena avoided taking legal action against her because he didn’t want to take her efforts away.
Anyway, besides watching him fight and act, I love listening to his life-changing pieces of advice.
Here are his top pieces of advice about life and success.
- ‘I have often said a man’s character is not judged after he celebrates victory but by what he does when his back is against the wall. So no matter how great the setback, how severe the failure, you never give up. You pick yourself up, you brush yourself off, you push forward, you move on, you adapt, you overcome. That is what I believe.’
- ‘Surround yourself with wonderful people, be willing to learn, be willing to be humbled, and good stuff will happen.’
- ‘Don’t waste time and energy over the uncontrollable.’
- ‘To succeed I had to believe every night that I am the best.’
- ‘I’ve never been closed-minded to anyone’s opinion because you can learn from everybody.’
- ‘Take what you have and make it something great.’
- ‘No matter what you do, be yourself, and love what you do.’
- ‘Failure has made me who I am today. Failure gives you two choices, you stay down or you get up.’
- ‘Always try to do what you love. It’s always possible. It’s just a matter of sacrifice.’
- ‘I took risk, after risk, after risk.’
- ‘Check for your knob, and if you can find a knob it’s your door.’
- ‘Never give up. I have failed tens of thousands of times.’
- ‘If you don’t learn from your mistakes, they become regrets.’
- ‘The reason I have got to the finish line only a few times through all that failure is because through that failure I got back up.’
- ‘The future shows a lot of promise, but I think we should focus on the now.’
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
SUCCESS2 years ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.