Aliko Dangote is the wealthiest person in Africa. He has an estimated net worth of $11.5 billion.
Dangote was entrepreneurial from a young age. He started an importation business at the age of 21, which became quickly successful.
He then founded the Dangote Group, which is among the largest conglomerates in Africa. The group has employed over 20,000 people.
Although Dangote is mainly successful because he grew up in an entrepreneurial household, he is an intelligent and hardworking man who deserves to be a billionaire.
Many spiritual bloggers avoid analyzing the rich because they believe the idea that money is the root of all evil. I believe money can encourage evil actions, and it’s not the end goal. However, I know that attaining financial success requires virtue. For this reason, I have studied Dangote to discover the virtues that led to his financial success.
Here are some of his amazing quotes I noted down while listening to his interviews.
- ‘If you are going into any business, you must understand the business from A to Z.’
- ‘To be a good leader, you have to be a very good listener. You have to listen to people, and you have to listen to a lot of advice.’
- ‘You have to be focused on whatever you are doing.’
- ‘When I have excess money, I donate it to charity.’
- ‘You will be successful once you are consistent.’
- ‘I work at least 18 hours a day.’
- ‘Don’t destroy your name. It is the most valuable asset that you have,’
- ‘The problem with some of the younger generation today is they just want to jump and see themselves up there overnight.’
- ‘To be an entrepreneur, you have to be very bold.’
- ‘If you think small, you will always remain small in life.’
- ‘If you take your business as your hobby, you do it better.’
- ‘Life without challenges is very boring.’
- ‘You always have to think ahead.’
- It’s not good to try something, and after a month, you claim it doesn’t work and jump into something else.’
- ‘I don’t do any business that I don’t understand well.’
- ‘What you need to do is to be very focused as a person and be dedicated to whatever you are doing.’
- ‘If you want to be the next Dangote, you must have a very big heart and take a lot of calculated risks.’
- Once you say that nothing is impossible, it means that you can achieve that target.’
- ‘Luxurious goods consume your time and prevent you from focusing on your business.’