Robin Sharma’s, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, is an inspiring book that sold more than 3 million copies. In the book, Sharma uses Julian, a successful lawyer who quit his job, to teach that material possessions and money are not the secret to a happy and fulfilling life. According to Sharma, the secret to a fulfilling life is doing what you love.
Almost every word in the book is delicious and uplifting. Trust me, you won’t put it down once you start reading it.
Here are great inspirational quotes from the book you must note down and read often.
- ‘Sure I am that this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength, that its pangs and toils are not beyond my endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause, and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied to us.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Every purpose and every setback has its lesson. I have realized that failure whether of the personal, professional or even spiritual kind, is essential to personal expansion. It brings inner growth and a whole host of psychic rewards. Never regret your past. Rather embrace it as the teacher that is.’- Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Great dreamers’ dreams are never fulfilled, they are always transcended.’ – Alfred Lord Whitehead, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘If you meet with an outcome you did not expect and feel a little disappointed, remember that the laws of nature always ensure that when one door closes another opens.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Enlightened thinkers know that their thoughts form their world and the quality of one’s life comes down to the richness of one’s thoughts. If you want to live a more peaceful, meaningful life, you must think more peaceful, meaningful thoughts.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Be patient and live with the knowledge that all you are searching for is certain to come if you prepare for it and expect it.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘The very fact that you have a desire or a dream means that you have the corresponding capacity to realize it.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘When you concentrate your mind’s tremendous power on definite, meaningful objectives, you will quickly ignite the flames of your personal potential and produce startling results.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘A rose is very much like life: you will meet thorns along the way but if you have faith and believe in your dreams you will eventually move beyond the thorns into the glory of the flower.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Dharma is based upon the ancient principle that says every one of us has a heroic mission whilst we walk this earth. We have all been granted a unique set of gifts and talents that will readily allow us to realize this lifework. The key is to discover them, and in doing so, discover the main objective of your life.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘What lies behind you and what lies in front of you is nothing when compared to what lies within you.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘When you get out of your circle of comfort and explore the unknown, you start to liberate your true human potential.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘When you invest in yourself and start to devote yourself to raising your mind, body and character to their highest levels, you will almost feel as if you have a personal navigator inside you telling you which things you must do to see the greatest and most rewarding results.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘When you have the courage to advance confidently in the direction of your dreams, you begin to draw upon the power of the universe.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘When you resolve, once and for all, to lift your life to its highest level, the strength of your soul will guide you.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Everyone’s destiny was laid out for them at birth. This path always leads to a magical place filled with magnificent treasures. It was up to each individual to develop the courage to walk this way.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Life has bigger plans for you than you can possibly know.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Expand your dreams. Don’t accept a life of mediocrity when you hold such infinite potential within the fortress of your mind. Dare to tap into your greatness. This is your birthright!’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Act as if failure is impossible, and your success will be assured. Wipe out every thought of not achieving your objectives, whether they are material or spiritual. Be brave, and set no limits on the workings of your imagination. Never be a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future. You will never be the same.’ -Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
Which of the above quotes inspired you the most?
What Nature Teaches Us about Hard Times and Good Times
I am a great fan of wildlife documentaries – especially those produced by Sir David Attenborough– because they teach me a lot about life. For instance, last week as I was watching a documentary about The Great Savannah I learned something valuable about difficult times and good times.
From the documentary, I realized that hard times and good times are part of life and so we must embrace the hard times whether we like it or not. However, what I mainly realized was that hard times always come to an end, and they are never that hard because there is always something to keep us moving during these times. The Creator never takes everything away during the difficult times because he needs our survival since he expresses himself through us.
In the Great Savannah, almost all animals suffer during the dry season because grass dries. Herbivores suffer because they rely on grass, and some of them die and others migrate. When the herbivores die or migrate, the carnivores also suffer because their food reduces in great quantities. Besides grass drying, the water also dries hence making it difficult for animals to find water and the only sources of water left become dangerous places since all animals including dangerous animals such as buffaloes, lions, and elephants compete for the little water left.
However, the good thing is that, in this dry season, there is always some food and water – even though it’s little – that enables the animals to survive. If the dry season wiped out everything in the Savannah then all animals could have died. However, the Creator cannot let all animals die because they are his physical expression. For this reason, he ensures that there is some little water and grass left for the animals to survive the dry season.
Similarly, we must know that when hard times come in our lives, there is always hope because there is always something to keep us moving. The universe never takes everything away during these times, and therefore we must not fear hard times.
Besides this, I also realized that when hard times come, they always pavé way for the good times. In the Savannah, the dry season enables bushfires to occur. These bushfires burn dead and old grass to pavé way for the growth of young, greener plants that will feed animals during the wet season.
Nature, therefore, teaches us that difficult times are necessary because they pavé way for good times. In my life, I have observed that hard times prepare us for good times because they make us see things differently and inspire us to go after what we really want in life.
Moreover, when watching the documentary, I realized that the rains always come when the season is extremely dry. They come when many animals have died, and almost all the plants have dried. This occurrence teaches us that it’s always darkest before dawn, and for this reason, hitting rock bottom is a sign that the good times are around the corner.
Lastly, I also realized that the rainy season always brings an excessive supply of food and water to the animals in the Savannah. Rivers always overflow, grass grows in abundance, and many herbivores give birth during the rainy season hence making carnivorous animals to enjoy an abundance of easy prey. (Wildebeests are known to delay their pregnancy till the wet seasons so that they give birth to calves when there is more than enough food to eat).
Similarly, I realized that when good times come to us humans, the universe always provides everything in excess that we forget that we one day lacked the things we now have.
With this in mind, we must always persevere the bad times knowing that when they end, The Universe will give us more than enough. It will give us plenty of love, food, money, and everything we need for living a good life.
By the way, this is not a motivational article. It is a realization and explanation of natural laws. I wrote the article so that you know that hard times are not that hard because the universe always provides us something to keep us moving during these times. Moreover, I wanted you to stop worrying when hard times come because they will always end and pave way for a season of abundance.
To sum up, I wanted you to realize that The Creator is a wonderful spirit that always provides to us during hard times, and he always ensures that we have more than enough in good times, which will always come. THIS IS THE LAW.
“The discovery of natural law is a meeting with God.” – Friedrich Dessauer
“Nature is My Bible.” – Isaac Wechuli
You are welcome to join my facebook private community The Unbounded Wisdom Community for insightful quotes and ideas.
Top 25 Most Motivating Jim Rohn Quotes
The late Jim Rohn – one of my best personal development teachers – was known for his wonderful motivational speeches. Although he died in 2009, his teachings are still motivating people to make great changes in their lives.
I believe everyone interested in succeeding must listen to Jim Rohn’s advice, and for this reason, I gathered some of his motivating quotes.
- “If you think trying is risky, wait till they hand you the bill for not trying.”
- “You may not be able to do all you find out but you should find out all you can do.”
- “People have asked me for the last 24 years, how do you develop an above average income, and the answer is become an above average person.”
- “The major KEY to your better future is YOU.”
- “If you don’t sow, you won’t even have a chance.”
- “If the WHY is powerful the HOW is easy.”
- “Here’s what’s exciting about the passing of time, it takes you through whatever you are experiencing at the moment.”
- “If I’ve got miracle-working power to change my life, so do you. If I’ve got the ability to change, so do you.”
- “If you quit you lose automatically.”
- “Make plans like an adult and believe in them like a child, and the most incredible things will happen. Just try it for 90 days.”
- “If you’ve had a bad week just sit down and ponder that for a while. Study it. See if you can pick up some ideas from a poor week, and then make a better week.”
- “Sometimes from the bitterest experience comes the greatest awakening.”
- “Begin to know now that the night will pass, and as you learn to grow and progress you’ll better understand how to handle every night and better live every day.”
- “Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills.”
- “Develop an above average smile, develop an above average excitement, develop an above average interest in other people, develop an above average intensity to win. That will change everything.”
- “My personal question to you is, ‘Why not you?’ You’ve got the brains, you can make decisions, you can study the plan, you can change your life, you can grow immensely in the next few years, you can make your dreams come true, you can build a financial wall around your family nothing can get through, you can become healthy, you can become powerful, WHY NOT YOU?”
- “Welcome every human experience, you never know which one is gonna turn it all on.”
- “One way to learn to do it right is, do it wrong.”
- “Why not see what kind of person you can become.”
- “Take care of your disciplines when the amounts are small, and then life will see to it that you get some extraordinary numbers to work with.”
- “Have some faith, have some courage, believe, and drive your doubts in a small corner. Don’t let them lose like a mad dog.”
- “Any year you choose, you can make incredible changes in your life, you are not a tree you don’t have to stay.”
- “Winter has to give way to spring, the difficult time has to give way to opportunity.”
- “Yes there is the dark side, yes there is the problem side, yes there is the difficult side, but I’m telling you it’s not the only side.”
- “Your day will come, your harvest is sure, it will be there for you.”
Which of the above Jim Rohn quotes motivated you the most?
Do you want to AWAKEN and know what’s HIDDEN from you? Subscribe to get a free copy of my 14 page – book: Awaken from The Deep Sleep
SUCCESS12 months ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
QUOTES10 months ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
GENERAL ADVICE12 months ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
IDEAS1 year ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
SUCCESS9 months ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
Motivation1 year ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
HIDDEN TRUTHS12 months ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
SUCCESS6 months ago
6 Types of People Who Progress Faster
POWER1 year ago
How to Bring Change In A Society or Organization
IDEAS10 months ago
Top 4 Startling Reasons Why Talented Individuals Fail