Robin Sharma’s, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, is an inspiring book that sold more than 3 million copies. In the book, Sharma uses Julian, a successful lawyer who quit his job, to teach that material possessions and money are not the secret to a happy and fulfilling life. According to Sharma, the secret to a fulfilling life is doing what you love.
Almost every word in the book is delicious and uplifting. Trust me, you won’t put it down once you start reading it.
Here are great inspirational quotes from the book you must note down and read often.
- ‘Sure I am that this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength, that its pangs and toils are not beyond my endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause, and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied to us.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Every purpose and every setback has its lesson. I have realized that failure whether of the personal, professional or even spiritual kind, is essential to personal expansion. It brings inner growth and a whole host of psychic rewards. Never regret your past. Rather embrace it as the teacher that is.’- Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Great dreamers’ dreams are never fulfilled, they are always transcended.’ – Alfred Lord Whitehead, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘If you meet with an outcome you did not expect and feel a little disappointed, remember that the laws of nature always ensure that when one door closes another opens.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Enlightened thinkers know that their thoughts form their world and the quality of one’s life comes down to the richness of one’s thoughts. If you want to live a more peaceful, meaningful life, you must think more peaceful, meaningful thoughts.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Be patient and live with the knowledge that all you are searching for is certain to come if you prepare for it and expect it.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘The very fact that you have a desire or a dream means that you have the corresponding capacity to realize it.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘When you concentrate your mind’s tremendous power on definite, meaningful objectives, you will quickly ignite the flames of your personal potential and produce startling results.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘A rose is very much like life: you will meet thorns along the way but if you have faith and believe in your dreams you will eventually move beyond the thorns into the glory of the flower.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Dharma is based upon the ancient principle that says every one of us has a heroic mission whilst we walk this earth. We have all been granted a unique set of gifts and talents that will readily allow us to realize this lifework. The key is to discover them, and in doing so, discover the main objective of your life.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘What lies behind you and what lies in front of you is nothing when compared to what lies within you.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘When you get out of your circle of comfort and explore the unknown, you start to liberate your true human potential.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘When you invest in yourself and start to devote yourself to raising your mind, body and character to their highest levels, you will almost feel as if you have a personal navigator inside you telling you which things you must do to see the greatest and most rewarding results.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘When you have the courage to advance confidently in the direction of your dreams, you begin to draw upon the power of the universe.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘When you resolve, once and for all, to lift your life to its highest level, the strength of your soul will guide you.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Everyone’s destiny was laid out for them at birth. This path always leads to a magical place filled with magnificent treasures. It was up to each individual to develop the courage to walk this way.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Life has bigger plans for you than you can possibly know.’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Expand your dreams. Don’t accept a life of mediocrity when you hold such infinite potential within the fortress of your mind. Dare to tap into your greatness. This is your birthright!’ – Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
- ‘Act as if failure is impossible, and your success will be assured. Wipe out every thought of not achieving your objectives, whether they are material or spiritual. Be brave, and set no limits on the workings of your imagination. Never be a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future. You will never be the same.’ -Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
Which of the above quotes inspired you the most?
Embracing Hardships: The Secret to Inner Peace
‘Be like the rock; though the waves keep crashing over, it stands unmoved, and the raging of the sea falls still around it.’ – Marcus Aurelius
In my article, 4 Practical and Unique Ways to Attain Inner Peace, I discussed four factors that enable inner peace. Today, I’ll discuss how embracing hardships is the way to inner peace.
After studying stoicism for a while, I realized that the stoics attained inner peace because they embraced hardships. Unlike most of us, they viewed hardships as a necessary part of life, and therefore, they never feared the possibility of future difficulties.
They believed hardships enabled them to grow stronger, and they argued that great people attained greatness because of the numerous hardships they went through. For instance, Epictetus, one of the famous stoics, wrote, ‘What would become of Hercules, if there had been no lion, hydra, stag or boar, and no criminals to rid the world of? What would he have done in the absence of challenges? What would have been the use of those arms, that physique, and that noble soul, without crisis or conditions to stir into him action?
Earlier, I never tried to embrace the stoics’ attitude towards hardships because I believed hardships only come to unspiritual people. I believed I would never experience hardships if I became virtuous and embraced spiritual exercises such as prayer, meditation, and yoga.
However, after facing several hardships despite embracing spirituality, I realized that hardships are a part of life and they affect everyone, including the righteous. Besides, I noticed that resisting hardships and feeling that I should not encounter them because I embraced spirituality prevented me from attaining inner peace. I then realized that the stoics were right when they said, ‘the best way to attain inner peace is to be ready for hardships and to accept them as part of life and an opportunity for growth.’
When you are ready for hardships, you’ll attain inner peace because you’ll never fear them. As well, when you perceive hardships as an opportunity for growth, you’ll never be depressed when you face them because you’ll strive to gain from them.
To adopt the stoic’s perception of hardships, we must understand that hardships are part of nature because all animals face difficulties. For instance, a baby wildebeest often struggles before it knows how to run, a young male lion often relies on scavenging after older male lions chase it from the pride, and a chick has to break the egg for it to get out of it.
Hardships are, therefore, part of the flow of life, and we have to accept them as long as we are willing to live. Accepting them results in inner peace because we’ll stop worrying when we anticipate hardships, and we’ll never be depressed or stressed when hardships arrive.
PEACE BE WITH YOU
You are welcome to my facebook group: the unbounded wisdom community, for insightful quotes and ideas.
25 Powerful Affirmations to Lift Your Thinking
I used to doubt the effectiveness of affirmations. However, after studying hypnosis for a while, I discovered that affirmations work, particularly when you say them while in a relaxed state of mind. Besides this, I realized that they work because they change our beliefs, which influence our reality.
For this reason, I selected the following affirmations, which I say frequently. I hope you’ll also say them regularly, so that they lift your thinking, change your belief system, and eventually change your reality.
- ‘I know that I am pure Spirit, that I always have been, and that I always will be. There is inside me a place of confidence and quietness and security where all things are known and understood.’ – Wayne Dyer
- ‘I am an excellent creature, a valuable part of the universe in which I exist.’ – Jane Roberts
- ‘My existence enriches all other portions of life, while my own being is enhanced by the rest of creation.’ – Jane Roberts.
- ‘It is good, natural, and safe for me to grow and develop and use my abilities, and by doing so I also enrich all other portions of life.’- Jane Roberts.
- ‘I am eternally couched and supported by the universe of which I am a part.’ – Jane Roberts.
- ‘By nature, I am a good deserving creature, and all of life’s elements and parts are also of good intent.’ – Jane Roberts.
- ‘I have passed through the illusion of matter; I am now conscious that I am Divine.’ – anonymous
- ‘I call upon the law of accumulation. My supply comes from God, and now pours in and piles up, under grace.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘My supply comes from God – I have the magic of the spirit. It can never be depleted. As money goes out, immediately money comes in.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.’ – King David
- ‘I cannot be separated from God the Giver; therefore, I cannot be separated from God the Gift. The Gift is in action.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘The genius within me is released; I now fulfill my destiny.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘The Father (God) and I are one.’ – Jesus Christ
- I trust that everything is working for the highest good, and I am receiving all that I am meant to have.’ – Diana Haymond
- ‘The Lord is my shepherd; I shall never lack.’ – King David
- ‘I expect the unexpected, and my glorious good now comes to pass.’- Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘I am a spiritual being having a human experience.’ – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- ‘The giver of life is ever-present and guides all my steps.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘I feel the fear dripping away; there’s a stillness that nothing transmits, I’m a breeze that grows stronger.’ – iLe
- ‘Every day, I am becoming a better version of myself.’
- ‘I now catch up with my good, for before I called, I was answered.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘I am a child and a manifestation of God, and every moment his life, love, wisdom and power flow into and through me.’ – anonymous
- ‘I give my problems to the Great mind of God; I let go of them, confident that the correct answers will return to me when they are needed.’ – Wayne Dyer
- ‘To the great Law of attraction, everything in my life that I need for my work and fulfillment will come to me. It is not necessary that I strain about this. I should only believe. For in the strength of my belief, my faith will make it so.’ – Wayne Dyer
- ‘I am a god, who once believed s/he was man.’ – Isaac Wechuli
N/B – Modern society demands us to perform many activities that might prevent us from saying all the above affirmations regularly. For this reason, you can only choose one or two of them if you have a busy schedule.
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
QUOTES2 years ago
Top 11 Enlightening Quotes From the Most Mind-Opening book:Sapiens – The History of Mankind.
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts