Lana Del Rey is an amazing American singer and songwriter. I love her songs so much that I listen to them every day.
Besides writing amazing songs, Lana Del Rey is financially successful. Her net worth is estimated at $30 million, and she has sold over 12 million singles worldwide.
I usually watch her interviews because I want to learn a thing or two from her. Here are some of her pearls of wisdom I noted down while watching her interviews.
- ‘Finding your own path is not for the faint of heart. It’s the harder path.’
- ‘I let go the idea of success in the traditional way. I wasn’t having much luck as a singer and I was okay with that.’
- ‘Find someone who has the life that you want and figure out how they got it.’
- ‘If I feel like I am not getting it right, I will just keep on trying different things until I feel like I am hitting my stride.’
- ‘I let go of my personal ambitions and I started enjoying my personal relationships.’
- ‘I have never been somebody who turned away from hard work.’
- ‘I never made a serious conscious decision that this (music) will be my life because I was afraid to get too attached to that vision because I thought if it didn’t end up happening it would probably break my heart.’
- ‘When I really started indulging in just writing things because I liked them, I started to win.’
- ‘I feel like since I was really young I sought of walked my own path.’
- ‘I had to figure it out all by myself. Every move was just like guesswork.’
- ‘No matter who I’m with, I am always doing my own thing.’
- ‘When you work at something for a long time and come into a family of people who support what you do. You are very lucky.’
- ‘I had a vision of making my life a work of art and I was looking for people who always felt that way.’
- ‘I just look for someone who makes me feel like life is an exciting opportunity.’
- ‘It’s just nice to be loving and have others around you being loving too.’
- ‘Read books, pick your role models wisely, find out what they did and do it.’
- ‘I feel like all the choices I made were just personal choices. I was guided by my intuition.’
- ‘It’s a blessing to be able to do what you love.’
- I believe words are sacred. They are the one thing that translates across all spectrums of humanity.’
- ‘I love tropical worlds. Words that suggest a heavenly afterlife, like heaven or paradise.’
- ‘I kind of decided that I would be the one who decided what my name was, and I would decide where I lived and I would decide what I would do. And, I just never deny my creative urge.
- ‘It’s nice to be in love.’
- ‘My mum and my dad. They both like to sing, they have really nice voices. And my sister and brother are good singers too.’
Which of Lana Del Rey’s quotes do you love the most?