In his book, 101 Really Important Things You Already Know But Keep Forgetting, Ernie Zelinski reminds you of the life principles that will help you live a wonderful life. If you love noting down quotes from books, I’m sorry to tell you that you’ll have to note down all the sentences in this marvelous book. The book teaches all the tips you need in the journey of life, and for this reason, you’ll feel wiser after reading it.
I gathered amazing quotes from the book which I believe every person obsessed with personal development must read.
Here are they:
- ‘You must have faith in yourself. When your instincts tempt you to take a risk on something that is not a life-and-death matter, then do so with confidence.’
- ‘The best way to impress other people is by not trying to impress them.’
- ‘Confidence is everything when it comes to achieving success. Lack of faith in their abilities is the main reason that most people don’t come close to achieving their full potential.’
- ‘If you are dissatisfied with your career choice, the greatest risk may be in not leaving your job.’
- ‘If you want to be happier, try going with the flow of life a little more. Let things happen naturally instead of always trying to make things happen. It’s always easier to ride a horse in the direction it’s going.’
- ‘Don’t walk away from negative people – Run!’
- ‘Don’t buy into the sentimental notion that success is an absurd, erratic thing attainable only by a few or the extremely talented.’
- ‘Life is a learning process and the school of hard knocks is a great teacher. Pleasure and comfort don’t build character – adversity does! Once you acquire your Master’s in adversity, you will be prepared for the worst situations.’
- ‘Dreams often do come true for many people, but only for those who focus and work on them. To be totally playing the game of life, you must have dreams towards which you are working.’
- ‘When you are meeting people, the key is not to be desperate. The least amount of affection is going to flow your way when you seek it the most.’
- ‘There is no need to drive an expensive car, live in a big house, or wear fashionable clothes in an attempt to be liked by others. The best alternative to trying to impress others is to be yourself. You must project who you really are instead of some act or façade that isn’t you.
- ‘If the path you have taken in life feels really safe, then likely it is not the right path.’
- ‘Greek philosopher Aristotle claimed that happiness is the only thing that humans desire for its own sake. People seek riches, not for the sake of being rich, but to be happy.’
- ‘Happiness will elude you as long as you are thinking and doing what’s wrong for you.’
- ‘Don’t be dismayed when the world hasn’t brought you what you want. For many of the things that you have been denied the universe has brought you something better.’
- ‘Ordinary people attain extraordinary success – you can too!’
- ‘When someone fails to keep a commitment, there is a 95% chance that it will happen again.’
- ‘Like virtually everyone else in this world, you can accomplish more than you can think you can. Most limitations are in your mind.’
- ‘Act with kindness, ‘Confucius told us, ‘but do not expect gratitude.” The key is to have faith in the spiritual principle that when you do wonderful things for others, even more, wonderful things will come back to you in the future when you least expect them,’
- ‘The pain of unfulfilled dreams can be the worst ache you’ll ever experience.’
- ‘The word ‘boredom’ should not even be part of your vocabulary. As French novelist Jules Renard commented, ‘Being bored is an insult, to oneself.’ You as a creative individual has the ability to pursue interesting activities.’
- ‘Stop caring about what others think about you. Completely! Totally! 100 %! You will save yourself a lot of frustration and embarrassment.’
- ‘According to Richard Bach, ‘You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true – you may have to work for it, however.’
- ‘The more people who truly care whether you get up in the morning, the richer you will feel! You will find this to be true whether you are wealthy or broke.’
- ‘The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of doing and what one has in fact become.’
- ‘To achieve success in your career and personal life, it helps to have friends who are going to inspire you to greater heights. “Keep away from the people who try to belittle your ambitions.’
- ‘Unfortunately, our tendency to be too reasonable leads us to ignore our hunches, inner voices, dreams and pre-nominations. We must follow our instincts – instead of reason – if we want to excel in this world.’
- ‘Travelling on a risk-free road, unfortunately, won’t get you to any important destination.’
- On your journey to success, you will encounter many new problems – but you will encounter many new opportunities and wonderful experiences as well.’
- ‘Spending too much time watching and talking about celebrities robs us of precious time and energy that could be used in attaining significant accomplishments ourselves.’
- ‘Indeed, misery doesn’t love company – it demands it.’
- ‘An effective way to learn about life is not to talk as much as the other person.’
- ‘The surest way to failure is trying to please anyone.’
- ‘If your life is not working all that well, start with the premise that your beliefs haven’t served you all that well.’
Which of the above quotes is the most amazing quote? Which quote touched you?
15 Life-Changing Quotes for Individuals Obsessed With Success
Quotes give us pearls of wisdom in a few words. I love reading them every morning and posting every wonderful quote I stumble upon in my Facebook community.
Today, I’d love to share the following life-changing quotes with individuals obsessed with succeeding.
- ‘Determinism is the curving out of the future. And as such if one is determined enough. They can accomplish anything within the capacity of the reality in which they find themselves in.’ – Mystery History
- ‘He who sets his foot firmly upon the path of self-conquest, who walks aided by the staff of faith, the highway of self-sacrifice, will assuredly achieve the highest prosperity.’ – James Allen
- ‘If there is somewhere you want to go and something you want to do, I suggest you just go and do it and see what happens.’ – Max Igan
- ‘You may not be able to alter the positions of the stars, to stop the earth from revolving, to cause the winds to blow or sea to calm, but you can choose what you’ll think. You can think only in response to an inner vision and a secret goal, and if you take your stand with a firm heart and a high resolve you will be successful.’ – U.S Andersen
- ‘When you find something at which you are talented, you do it (whatever it is) until your fingers bleed or your eyes are ready to fall out of your head.’ – Stephen King
- ‘There is within us, a power of complete liberation, descended there from whatever mind or intelligence lies behind creation, and through it we are capable of becoming anything and doing anything we can visualize.’ – U.S Andersen
- ‘If you want to reach the highest of heights, you have to do what’s required – the inner and outer work of growth – to be an energetic match to it. That means you have to be fearless, bold, assertive, tireless, a strong competitor, a great communicator, and also completely aware of what you have and what you don’t so you can close your ‘power gaps’ and become the person you want to be.’ – Kathy Caprino
- ‘The truth is that there is an esoteric side to each and every one of us. A vast warehouse of untapped powerful creative potential and ability. There is in fact, far more to everyone than even they themselves are aware. The trick lies not even in discovering, but simply in knowing it’s there.’ – Max Igan
- It’s okay to be scared, to cry. Everything is okay, but giving up should not be an option. They always say that failure is not an option, but failure should be an option because when you fail you get up, and then you fail and then you get up, and that keeps you going.’ – Muniba Mazari
- ‘Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone’s path unless you are in the woods and you see a path and by all means you should follow that.’ – Ellen Degeneres
- ‘Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you UP. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering it’s a feather bed.’ – Terence McKenna
- ‘We are each the masters of our own reality; when we become self-aware of this, absolutely anything in the world is possible. Master yourself, and become king of the world around you. Let no odds, chastisement, exile, doubt fear, or any mental virus prevent you from accomplishing your dreams. Never be a victim of life.’ – Mike Norton
- ‘If you say to yourself in the morning, I know am working along the paths of success,’ and go the rest of the day complaining about every obstacle you meet, you may wind up the week expecting that success should be yours, but it won’t be. Your faith must be with you at least fifty-one percent of the time before it will manifest in your experience. But a manifestation will come, one way or the other, according to the predominant thought.’ –
U.S.Andersen Three Magic Words
- ‘You may think there are all sorts of barriers in the way of what you want to do but ask yourself how many of these barriers are you putting there yourself, because very often, if you look a little deeper you’ll find that many of them don’t exist. These are just fears you have of stepping outside your comfort zone.’ – Max Igan.
- ‘The way to see by faith is to shut the Eye of Reason; The Morning Daylight appears plainer when you put out your candle.’ – Benjamin Franklin
12 Incredible Quotes That Reveal Epictetus’ Thoughts on God/Infinite Intelligence
I love Infinite Intelligence. (You can call it God if you like. I don’t care). I’m fascinated by how this Intelligence designed both living and non-living things. I always wonder how it designed the brain, digestive system, sun, stars, and everything in the universe. I’m obsessed with knowing how it works, what it wants, and how it created the world. For this reason, I love studying what great thinkers wrote about it. One of the great thinkers that loved talking about God/Infinite Intelligence was Epictetus, the great Stoic philosopher. I gathered some of his powerful thoughts on Infinite Intelligence/God.
- ‘Were I a nightingale, I would act the part of a nightingale; were I a swan, the part of a swan, but since I am a reasonable creature, it is my duty to praise God.’ (John Bonforte; the Philosophy of Epictetus).
- ‘If any is unhappy, remember that he is so for himself; for God made all men to enjoy happiness and peace.’ (John Bonforte; the Philosophy of Epictetus).
- ‘A person who reasons well, understands, and considers that if he joins himself to God, he shall go safely through his journey. How do you mean join himself to God? That whatever is the will of God may be his will too, that whatever is not the will of God, may not be his.’ (John Bonforte; the Philosophy of Epictetus).
- ‘If you will always remember that God stands by as a witness of whatever you do, either in soul or in body, you will never err, either in your prayers or actions, and you will always have God abiding with you.’ (John Bonforte; the Philosophy of Epictetus).
- ‘Great is God, who has supplied us with these instruments to till the ground; Great is God, who has given us hands and organs of digestion; Who has made us to grow insensibly, to breathe in sleep.’ (John Bonforte; the Philosophy of Epictetus).
- ‘So when you have shut your doors, and darkened your room, remember never to say that you are alone, but God is within, and your soul is within.’ (John Bonforte; The Philosophy of Epictetus).
- ‘But you are a primary existence. You are a distinct portion of the essence of God, and contain a certain portion of Him within yourself.’ (John Bonforte; The Philosophy of Epictetus).
- Assuredly from the very structure of all made objects we are accustomed to prove that the work is certainly the product of some artificer, and has not been constructed at random – (Oldfather, Epictetus, The Discourses)
- ‘You carry God about with you, poor wretch, and you know nothing of Him. Do you suppose I mean some external idol made of gold or silver? It is within yourself that you carry Him; and you do not observe that you profane Him by impure thoughts and unclean actions.’ (John Bonforte; The Philosophy of Epictetus).
- ‘From God, the seeds of our being are descended, not only to our fathers and grandfathers, but to all things that are produced and born on earth; especially, to rational creatures, since they alone are qualified to communicate with God.’ (John Bonforte; The Philosophy of Epictetus).
- ‘If you fix your desires on riches, health, power, honors, your country, friends, children. In short, on anything beyond the control of your will, – you will be unfortunate. But fix them on God, give yourself to Him, let Him govern, let your powers be ranged on the same side as His, and how can you any longer be unprosperous?’ (John Bonforte; The Philosophy of Epictetus).
- ‘If a person could be persuaded that we are originally descended from God, and that He is the Father of all on earth and in heaven, I conceive he would never think of himself, meanly or ignobly.’ (John Bonforte; The Philosophy of Epictetus).
Do you want to AWAKEN and know what’s HIDDEN from you? Subscribe to get a free copy of my 14 page – book: Awaken from The Deep Sleep
SUCCESS12 months ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
QUOTES10 months ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
GENERAL ADVICE12 months ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
IDEAS1 year ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
SUCCESS9 months ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
Motivation1 year ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
HIDDEN TRUTHS12 months ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
SUCCESS6 months ago
6 Types of People Who Progress Faster
POWER1 year ago
How to Bring Change In A Society or Organization
IDEAS10 months ago
Top 4 Startling Reasons Why Talented Individuals Fail