In his book, 101 Really Important Things You Already Know But Keep Forgetting, Ernie Zelinski reminds you of the life principles that will help you live a wonderful life. If you love noting down quotes from books, I’m sorry to tell you that you’ll have to note down all the sentences in this marvelous book. The book teaches all the tips you need in the journey of life, and for this reason, you’ll feel wiser after reading it.
I gathered amazing quotes from the book which I believe every person obsessed with personal development must read.
Here are they:
- ‘You must have faith in yourself. When your instincts tempt you to take a risk on something that is not a life-and-death matter, then do so with confidence.’
- ‘The best way to impress other people is by not trying to impress them.’
- ‘Confidence is everything when it comes to achieving success. Lack of faith in their abilities is the main reason that most people don’t come close to achieving their full potential.’
- ‘If you are dissatisfied with your career choice, the greatest risk may be in not leaving your job.’
- ‘If you want to be happier, try going with the flow of life a little more. Let things happen naturally instead of always trying to make things happen. It’s always easier to ride a horse in the direction it’s going.’
- ‘Don’t walk away from negative people – Run!’
- ‘Don’t buy into the sentimental notion that success is an absurd, erratic thing attainable only by a few or the extremely talented.’
- ‘Life is a learning process and the school of hard knocks is a great teacher. Pleasure and comfort don’t build character – adversity does! Once you acquire your Master’s in adversity, you will be prepared for the worst situations.’
- ‘Dreams often do come true for many people, but only for those who focus and work on them. To be totally playing the game of life, you must have dreams towards which you are working.’
- ‘When you are meeting people, the key is not to be desperate. The least amount of affection is going to flow your way when you seek it the most.’
- ‘There is no need to drive an expensive car, live in a big house, or wear fashionable clothes in an attempt to be liked by others. The best alternative to trying to impress others is to be yourself. You must project who you really are instead of some act or façade that isn’t you.
- ‘If the path you have taken in life feels really safe, then likely it is not the right path.’
- ‘Greek philosopher Aristotle claimed that happiness is the only thing that humans desire for its own sake. People seek riches, not for the sake of being rich, but to be happy.’
- ‘Happiness will elude you as long as you are thinking and doing what’s wrong for you.’
- ‘Don’t be dismayed when the world hasn’t brought you what you want. For many of the things that you have been denied the universe has brought you something better.’
- ‘Ordinary people attain extraordinary success – you can too!’
- ‘When someone fails to keep a commitment, there is a 95% chance that it will happen again.’
- ‘Like virtually everyone else in this world, you can accomplish more than you can think you can. Most limitations are in your mind.’
- ‘Act with kindness, ‘Confucius told us, ‘but do not expect gratitude.” The key is to have faith in the spiritual principle that when you do wonderful things for others, even more, wonderful things will come back to you in the future when you least expect them,’
- ‘The pain of unfulfilled dreams can be the worst ache you’ll ever experience.’
- ‘The word ‘boredom’ should not even be part of your vocabulary. As French novelist Jules Renard commented, ‘Being bored is an insult, to oneself.’ You as a creative individual has the ability to pursue interesting activities.’
- ‘Stop caring about what others think about you. Completely! Totally! 100 %! You will save yourself a lot of frustration and embarrassment.’
- ‘According to Richard Bach, ‘You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true – you may have to work for it, however.’
- ‘The more people who truly care whether you get up in the morning, the richer you will feel! You will find this to be true whether you are wealthy or broke.’
- ‘The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of doing and what one has in fact become.’
- ‘To achieve success in your career and personal life, it helps to have friends who are going to inspire you to greater heights. “Keep away from the people who try to belittle your ambitions.’
- ‘Unfortunately, our tendency to be too reasonable leads us to ignore our hunches, inner voices, dreams and pre-nominations. We must follow our instincts – instead of reason – if we want to excel in this world.’
- ‘Travelling on a risk-free road, unfortunately, won’t get you to any important destination.’
- On your journey to success, you will encounter many new problems – but you will encounter many new opportunities and wonderful experiences as well.’
- ‘Spending too much time watching and talking about celebrities robs us of precious time and energy that could be used in attaining significant accomplishments ourselves.’
- ‘Indeed, misery doesn’t love company – it demands it.’
- ‘An effective way to learn about life is not to talk as much as the other person.’
- ‘The surest way to failure is trying to please anyone.’
- ‘If your life is not working all that well, start with the premise that your beliefs haven’t served you all that well.’
Which of the above quotes is the most amazing quote? Which quote touched you?
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS3 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
GENERAL ADVICE3 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
QUOTES2 years ago
Top 11 Enlightening Quotes From the Most Mind-Opening book:Sapiens – The History of Mankind.
HIDDEN TRUTHS3 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
Motivation3 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
QUOTES1 year ago
21 Life Changing Marisa Peer Quotes