In his book, 101 Really Important Things You Already Know But Keep Forgetting, Ernie Zelinski reminds you of the life principles that will help you live a wonderful life. If you love noting down quotes from books, I’m sorry to tell you that you’ll have to note down all the sentences in this marvelous book. The book teaches all the tips you need in the journey of life, and for this reason, you’ll feel wiser after reading it.
I gathered amazing quotes from the book which I believe every person obsessed with personal development must read.
Here are they:
- ‘You must have faith in yourself. When your instincts tempt you to take a risk on something that is not a life-and-death matter, then do so with confidence.’
- ‘The best way to impress other people is by not trying to impress them.’
- ‘Confidence is everything when it comes to achieving success. Lack of faith in their abilities is the main reason that most people don’t come close to achieving their full potential.’
- ‘If you are dissatisfied with your career choice, the greatest risk may be in not leaving your job.’
- ‘If you want to be happier, try going with the flow of life a little more. Let things happen naturally instead of always trying to make things happen. It’s always easier to ride a horse in the direction it’s going.’
- ‘Don’t walk away from negative people – Run!’
- ‘Don’t buy into the sentimental notion that success is an absurd, erratic thing attainable only by a few or the extremely talented.’
- ‘Life is a learning process and the school of hard knocks is a great teacher. Pleasure and comfort don’t build character – adversity does! Once you acquire your Master’s in adversity, you will be prepared for the worst situations.’
- ‘Dreams often do come true for many people, but only for those who focus and work on them. To be totally playing the game of life, you must have dreams towards which you are working.’
- ‘When you are meeting people, the key is not to be desperate. The least amount of affection is going to flow your way when you seek it the most.’
- ‘There is no need to drive an expensive car, live in a big house, or wear fashionable clothes in an attempt to be liked by others. The best alternative to trying to impress others is to be yourself. You must project who you really are instead of some act or façade that isn’t you.
- ‘If the path you have taken in life feels really safe, then likely it is not the right path.’
- ‘Greek philosopher Aristotle claimed that happiness is the only thing that humans desire for its own sake. People seek riches, not for the sake of being rich, but to be happy.’
- ‘Happiness will elude you as long as you are thinking and doing what’s wrong for you.’
- ‘Don’t be dismayed when the world hasn’t brought you what you want. For many of the things that you have been denied the universe has brought you something better.’
- ‘Ordinary people attain extraordinary success – you can too!’
- ‘When someone fails to keep a commitment, there is a 95% chance that it will happen again.’
- ‘Like virtually everyone else in this world, you can accomplish more than you can think you can. Most limitations are in your mind.’
- ‘Act with kindness, ‘Confucius told us, ‘but do not expect gratitude.” The key is to have faith in the spiritual principle that when you do wonderful things for others, even more, wonderful things will come back to you in the future when you least expect them,’
- ‘The pain of unfulfilled dreams can be the worst ache you’ll ever experience.’
- ‘The word ‘boredom’ should not even be part of your vocabulary. As French novelist Jules Renard commented, ‘Being bored is an insult, to oneself.’ You as a creative individual has the ability to pursue interesting activities.’
- ‘Stop caring about what others think about you. Completely! Totally! 100 %! You will save yourself a lot of frustration and embarrassment.’
- ‘According to Richard Bach, ‘You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true – you may have to work for it, however.’
- ‘The more people who truly care whether you get up in the morning, the richer you will feel! You will find this to be true whether you are wealthy or broke.’
- ‘The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of doing and what one has in fact become.’
- ‘To achieve success in your career and personal life, it helps to have friends who are going to inspire you to greater heights. “Keep away from the people who try to belittle your ambitions.’
- ‘Unfortunately, our tendency to be too reasonable leads us to ignore our hunches, inner voices, dreams and pre-nominations. We must follow our instincts – instead of reason – if we want to excel in this world.’
- ‘Travelling on a risk-free road, unfortunately, won’t get you to any important destination.’
- On your journey to success, you will encounter many new problems – but you will encounter many new opportunities and wonderful experiences as well.’
- ‘Spending too much time watching and talking about celebrities robs us of precious time and energy that could be used in attaining significant accomplishments ourselves.’
- ‘Indeed, misery doesn’t love company – it demands it.’
- ‘An effective way to learn about life is not to talk as much as the other person.’
- ‘The surest way to failure is trying to please anyone.’
- ‘If your life is not working all that well, start with the premise that your beliefs haven’t served you all that well.’
Which of the above quotes is the most amazing quote? Which quote touched you?
22 Amazing Quotes from the Lost Keys of Freemasonry by Manly P. Hall.
There are many confusing beliefs about Freemasons. Some people believe these individuals are satanic, while others claim that they have good intentions. As for me, I’m not sure about their intentions, but what I am sure of is that they have eye-opening secrets.
In his book, The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, Manly P. Hall discusses some of these secrets. Moreover, he exposes the main virtues of Freemasonry and the things one must do to consider himself a Mason.
I noted down several quotes while reading this eye-opening book.
Here are some of them:
- ‘Reality forever eludes us. Infinity mocks our puny efforts to imprison it in definition and dogma. Our most splendid realizations are only adumbrations of the Light. In his endeavors, man is but a mollusk seeking to encompass the ocean.’
- ‘Man may not cease his struggle to find God. There is a yearning in his soul that will not let him rest, an urge that compels him to attempt the impossible, to attain the unattainable. He lifts feeble hands to grasp and despite a million years of failure and millenniums of disappointment, the soul of man springs heavenward with even greater avidity than when the race was young.’
- ‘Wisdom drapes her truth with symbolism, and covers her insight with allegory.’
- ‘Freemasonry, though not a religion, is essentially religious. Most of its legend and allegories are of a sacred nature; much of it is woven into the structure of Christianity.’
- ‘Science and technology are two ends of a single truth, but the world will never receive the full benefit of their investigations until they have made peace with each other, and labor hand in hand for the accomplishment of the great work – the liberation of spirit and intelligence from the three-dimensional prison-house of ignorance, superstition, and fear.’
- ‘We have no right to ask for wisdom. In whose name do we beg for understanding? By what authority do we demand happiness? None of these things is the birthright of any creature yet all may have them, if they will cultivate within themselves the thing that they desire.’
- ‘The world is a school. We are here to learn, and our presence here proves our need of instruction. Every living creature here proves our need of instruction. Every living creature is struggling to break the strangling bonds of limitation – that pressing narrowness which inhabits vision and leaves the life without an ideal. Every soul is engaged in great work – the labor of personal liberation from the state of ignorance.’
- ‘Life is the span of time appointed for accomplishment. Every fleeting moment is an opportunity, and those who are great are the ones who have recognized life as the opportunity for all things.’
- ‘It is more than a faith, it is a path of certainty. It is more than a belief; it is a fact. Masonry is a university teaching the liberal arts and sciences of the soul to all who will attend to its words.’
- ‘A Mason is a builder of the temple of character. He is the architect of a sublime mystery – the gleaming, glowing, temple of his own soul. He realizes that he bests serves God when he joins with the Great Architect in building more noble structures in the universe below.’
- ‘In freemasonry is concealed the mystery of creation, the answer to the problem of existence, and the path the student must tread in order to join those who are really the living powers behind the thrones of modern national and international affairs.’
- ‘When man’s thoughts rise upon the wings of aspiration, when he pushes back the darkness with the strength of reason and logic, then indeed the builder is liberated from his dungeon and the light pours in, bathing him with life and power.’
- ‘The path of human life is governed as all things are by the laws of analogy, and as at birth we start our pilgrimage through youth, manhood, and old age, so the spiritual consciousness of man in his cosmic path of unfoldment passes from unconsciousness to perfect consciousness in the Grand Lodge of the universe.’
- ‘Few realize that since the universe is made up of individuals in various stages of development, responsibility is consequently individual, and everything which man wishes to gain he must himself build and maintain.’
- ‘God is glorifying himself through the individualized portions of himself, and is slowly teaching these individualized portions to understand and glorify the whole.’
- ‘Incessant vigilance over thought, action, and desire is indispensable to those who wish to make progress in the unfolding of their own being.’
- ‘It is worse by far to know and not to do than to never have known at all.’
- ‘The Freemason believes in the Great Architect/God, the living keystone of creation’s plan, the master of all lodges, without whose spirit there is no work.’
- ‘Those who allow appearance or worldly expressions to deter them from their self-appointed tasks are failures in Masonry, for Masonry is an abstract science of spiritual unfoldment. Material prosperity is not the measure of soul growth. The true Mason realizes that behind these diverse forms there is one connected Life Principle, the Spark of God in all living things.’
- ‘Man is god in the making, and as in the mystics myths of Egypt, on the potter’s wheel he is being molded.’
- ‘What nobler thing can be accomplished than the illumination of ignorance.’
- ‘The true Master Mason recognizes the value of seeking for truth wherever he can find it. It makes no difference if it be in the enemy’s camp; if it be truth, he will go there gladly to secure it.’
Top 22 More Insightful Truths You Must Know Right Now – Part 4
This article is a sequel to the Top 30 Insightful Truths You Must Know Right Now
- The media is our enemy.
- You can hate life but still fear death.
- Forgive others because you deserve inner peace.
- It’s easy to invoke fear in a society that doesn’t believe in the Creator.
- It’s easier to invoke fear in a society that believes that the physical world is all that exists.
- Forgive those that hurt you, but don’t forget what they taught you.
- Anyone who thinks his religion is the true religion is arrogant and foolish.
- Many historical figures, for instance, Isaac Newton and Adolf Hitler, were obsessed with finding ancient hidden knowledge, which is also known as the Prisca Sapientia.
- All theories of the solar system are flawed. No one knows the real position of the sun, earth, and other celestial bodies. Everybody relies on assumptions, and for this reason, the theories are always changing.
- If scientists know how the earth was made, why can’t they make one?
- When you receive an idea from the universe note it down before it leaves your mind.
- The universe is mysterious and magical: history is filled with stories of men that strived to understand it without succeeding.
- Your inner reality creates your outer reality. In other words, your thoughts, belief systems, virtues, vices, and the knowledge you possess create your experiences.
- Sound creates courage and fear at the same time. Animals and humans use sound to create courage in their allies but to create fear in their enemies.
- Life’s primary aim is survival.
- The high level of drug use today proves man’s desire for a higher state of consciousness.
- It’s easier to work hard on something if you are obsessed with it.
- Man is the only creature that can reason, man is the only creature that can realize that the creator exists, man can tame elephants, lions, and dragons, man is a mini-God. Man was created in the image and likeness of God.
- The universe is always leading us towards mastery. It wants us to master our egos, emotions, feelings, and thoughts so that we have an amazing life before we die.
- Treasure your physical body; you’ll not have it forever.
- Every experience that comes in your life either leads to death or provides you with an opportunity to grow.
- Thoughts are things. They can create dreams, and they can affect our bodies.
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
QUOTES2 years ago
Top 11 Enlightening Quotes From the Most Mind-Opening book:Sapiens – The History of Mankind.
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts