Joel Osteen, one of the wealthiest and most influential preachers in the world, is my favorite pastor. He is well known for his inspiring and moving sermons. I have watched his sermons for almost two years and this is what I have learned from him.
- Never force someone to love you.
In one of his sermons, pastor Osteen advises the congregation to stop hanging on people that are not attracted to them. According to him, God always sends the right lovers to us, therefore, if someone really loves us, we never have to force them or beg them for their love. Furthermore, he revealed that if someone walks out of a relationship, we must stop trying to figure out the facts that made them leave, and we must also stop begging them to come back. He advises us that moving on provides room for the new, God-chosen person to show up.
- Always trust the faithfulness of God
Joel Osteen teaches that God knows all our needs, and he will always provide them for us. He is the giver of our desires, therefore he also partakes in their fulfilling. The only thing we have to do is to work hard and trust that he will always provide for us.
- We must always encourage ourselves.
Joel Osteen encourages us to stop focusing on our failures and start concentrating on what worked out for us. He preaches that we must always remember the times we prayed to God and he answered our prayers immediately.
Joel teaches that we will never be defeated if we always remember God’s goodness. Besides this, he teaches us that in difficult times, we must always remind ourselves that we are God’s children, and therefore, we have the power to overcome anything that appears to be a barrier to our progress.
- Run your own race
Joel Osteen teaches that today, some of us fail to be happy because we like comparing ourselves to others. He teaches that comparison leads to stress because there are people who will always be better than us.
Besides this, Osteen teaches us that we should often remember that we are unique and that God has different plans for all of us. Therefore, we must run our own races.
When advising about running our own races, Joel Osteen said, “At our 20s we wonder what everybody thinks about us, at 40 we don’t care what anybody think about us. At sixty we realize nobody thinks about us.”
Peace be unto you. I love you all.
N/B – For further discussions, I encourage you to air your ideas in the comment box, and also follow me on Twitter and Facebook. Twitter username – Isaac Wechuli. Facebook Username – Wechul Isaac
You are welcome to join my Facebook Group – Unbounded Wisdom Community
Also, if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it on social media platforms, i.e facebook, Instagram, or twitter.
26 Most Enlightening Osho Quotes on Life
Osho was a mystic who loved providing life-changing spiritual teachings to his audience. Many people love his teachings because they are enlightening. You must grab some of his books if you are hungry for deep spiritual knowledge. I love reading his books and watching his videos.
Here are 26 enlightening quotes I gathered from his teachings.
- ‘He is religious who knows that universal forces are at work and there is no hurry – that his hurry is of no use. If we can only be one with the universal harmony, it is enough – and it is blissful.’
- ‘Always listen to your body. It whispers, it never shouts, because it cannot shout. Only in whispering, it gives you messages. If you are alert, you will be able to understand it. And the body has a wisdom of its own which is very much deeper than the mind.’
- ‘So a man of understanding accepts all and tries to find how to use everything creatively.’
- ‘Don’t have any ideas about life. Let life have its own. You just go with it. Whatsoever happens is good. That should be the attitude. Say ‘yes’ whatsoever happens. What else can one do? Be a total ‘yes.’ Then there is no confusion, no conflict, because you are not moving up-current. Just float with the stream.
- ‘The future always remains beyond our power, that’s why it is the future. It simply means that nothing can be done about it right now because it is not yet. All that you can do, you can only do with the present. With the past you cannot do anything; it is gone.’
- ‘Painting or poetry, dancing or singing or whatsoever, if a person has a certain talent, it is futile to work somewhere else.
- ‘If you don’t like anything, whatsoever it is, to remain in it even for a single moment is suicidal. Then whatsoever the risk, come out of it.’
- ‘Love opens doors to the milky way. Love is the bridge between earth and heaven, between man and god. Let love be your only law: there is no higher truth. If a man can love, then nothing else is needed: that will transform.’
- ‘Critical mind is an absolute necessity if you are working on a scientific project. But the critical mind is an absolute barrier if you are trying to reach your interiority.’
- ‘It is not really anger. Only on the surface does it look like anger. Deep in your being, you are so full of energy that you don’t know what to do with it; that’s why it takes the form of anger. You have great creative potential. It is creative energy which is not being rightly used; it becomes sour.’
- ‘Just look at the world! Whosoever created it or dreamed it, must be a great dreamer…so many colors and so many songs. The whole existence is a rainbow. It must come out of deep imagination.’
- ‘Tomorrow is open. Anything is possible….and everything is possible. So live this moment as totally as possible, that’s all, don’t be worried about the future; everything is taken care of.’
- ‘Once we have a glimpse of God, then God alone is, nothing else. But that glimpse will only be possible only when everything within us is still and quiet. And there is no question.’
- ‘Imagination is going to be your oath, so never deny imagination. It is the only creative faculty in man, the only poetic faculty, and one should not deny it.’
- ‘Life is always at the beginning, always. Wherever you are, it is always at the beginning. That’s why life is so beautiful, young, fresh.’
- ‘If you start liking that which is happening, if you don’t put your own will against the whole, if you simply say okay, whatsoever happens you simply say ‘yes,’ then you can never be miserable, because whatsoever happens, you are always in a positive attitude ready to receive it and enjoy it. If it goes just according to your nature, very good. If it sometimes goes against your nature, you take it as part of growth. If it is pleasure, good. If it is pain you accept it as a price to be paid for all the pleasures that are available in the world, the cost to be paid.’
- ‘Things are as they should be. They have always been that way. Existence is going so smoothly. Look at the stars and the birds and rivers. Things are going so smoothly. There seems to be no problem. All problems exist in man and in the mind of man, and the problems created, manufactured by man.’
- ‘Trust always, that everything is going to happen, and that is going to be good. Your trust will make it so. Trust is not simply trust- it is a creative force. When you trust things start happening accordingly.’
- ‘Remain flexible and spontaneous, and never be afraid of committing a mistake. If you are too much afraid of committing a mistake, nothing can be done. One has to make mistakes – that’s the way one learns.’
- ‘Whatsoever you do, just do it as totally as possible. Everything should be done in such a relaxed way that there is no effort in it.’
- ‘We pay attention, more attention, to the very trivial things – a big house, money, prestige, respectability – but we never think about life and its intrinsic value. Everything else is just trivial in comparison to life. So the greatest blessing has already happened. By being alive one has already been accepted by God, and has already been presented with a great gift. By being alive you have already been loved by the universe.’
- ‘Deep down, whatsoever you want to be that’s what you become. Thoughts become objects; thoughts become happenings, thoughts create your personality. Essentially we alone are responsible for the way we live, and the level which we live.’
- ‘Listen to your heart, and whatsoever is there bring it out.’
- ‘If you trust, your trust will fulfill itself.’
- ‘This is my observation – that life goes on helping you, giving you whatsoever you ask.’
- ‘What I am saying is that right now you can enjoy life, there is no need to postpone. Only this moment is certain because it has already arrived. You can drink out of it as much as you want, as deeply as you want. It is available to you – this, moment you are wasting in struggling, in tensing yourself. Relax.’
Which of the above quotes do you believe is the most enlightening?
25 Most Uplifting Joel Osteen Quotes
I love Pastor Joel Osteen because he mostly focuses on empowering people. I always watch his sermons whenever I feel discouraged because his words always lift me up into the heavens. His teachings often make me have faith that the universe will provide anything I need for my dream. His words are so inspiring and you must listen to him if you want to love the life you live.
8 months ago, I provided you with The Four Major Lessons I have Learned From Pastor Joel Osteen. Today I will share with you 25 of his most uplifting quotes
N/B – You can replace the word, ‘God’ with ‘The universe/Superconsciousness/Infinite Intelligence/The Creator.’
- Today, remember that it’s our faith that opens the door for God’s power to work in our lives. What have you been believing God for? Don’t give up! Press through!.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘The forces for you are greater than the forces against you.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘If you don’t have it right now, don’t fight it.’ – Joel Osteen.
- ‘You must not be moved by what’s not working out, by how long it’s taking, by who’s not for you. Realize that the Most High is for you, and He is all you need.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘Don’t underestimate what you have. It may seem small but it’s not.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘If God gave you that job, he gave you the power to deal with its stress. If he gave you a dream, don’t say you do not have connections, if he gave you a dream he gave you what you need to accomplish the dream.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘God would not allow something bad to happen to you if it will block you from reaching your dreams. If something appears to be blocking you, then God has allowed it for a reason.’ –Joel Osteen
- There is a winner in you. You were created to be successful, to accomplish your goals, to leave your mark on this generation. You have greatness in you.’ The key is to get it out.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘What you have may seem small but if you use it, it will multiply.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘Don’t pray, ‘God, I’m tired of this place. Instead, thank him in advance and trust him believing that he will open the windows.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘God knows your needs, he won’t let you down. He will make a way if we trust him. He gives us strength and our heart’s desires.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘The dreams God placed in your heart. The promises He’s spoken over you have already been stamped with yes. God has already set the date to bring them to pass.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘You cannot talk about lack all day and expect abundance.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘God does the above and beyond.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘You cannot stay down and defeated if you always think about the goodness of God.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘Honor God, and the right people will find you.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘You may feel ordinary but think extraordinary.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘See yourself, talented, valuable, and people will see you that way.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘The more you talk about negative things in your life, the more you call them in. Speak victory not defeat.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘Don’t settle in the land of barely enough. That is where you are, it is not who you are. That’s your location. It’s not your identity. No matter what it looks like, have an abundance mentality.’ – Joel Osteen
- When God breathed his life into you, He created you to shine, to make a difference, to leave your mark. Your gift isn’t just for you; it’s to share with the world.’ – Joel Osteen.
- Even when it doesn’t work out you’re learning, you’re growing, you’re one step closer to seeing it happen.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘Do you feel out of season, as though you’re stuck in some area? Stay encouraged. God has you in the palms of his hands. Get ready for an ‘out-of-season’ blessing.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘Get up every morning with the expectancy that God is working out His plan for your life and get ready for him to surprise you.’ – Joel Osteen
- Don’t live worried, frustrated or upset because of what somebody did or what didn’t work out. Come back to a place of peace. It’s not going to work against you: it’s going to work for you.’ – Joel Osteen
Which of the above quotes uplifted you the most?
Feel free to join my Facebook community The Unbounded Wisdom Community for more uplifting quotes
You are welcome to join my email list for personal discussions and updates.
SUCCESS9 months ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
QUOTES7 months ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
IDEAS9 months ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
GENERAL ADVICE8 months ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
SUCCESS6 months ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
Motivation9 months ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
SUCCESS3 months ago
6 Types of People Who Progress Faster
HIDDEN TRUTHS8 months ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
IDEAS9 months ago
Why You Must Never Share Big Ideas with Small Minded People
IDEAS7 months ago
Top 4 Startling Reasons Why Talented Individuals Fail