I’ve always been a social person who loved spending more time with people. However, my decision to curve my own path in October 2017 resulted in me spending more time alone. Since then, I embraced solitude because I tasted its sweet fruits.
I realized the following benefits of solitude.
1.You Do More Useful Shit
Spending more time alone enabled me to find time for working towards my goals. In 2018, I managed to write articles all year, read and write books, and make money because of solitude.
Before embracing solitude, I was unable to do useful shit because I was always with my friends, and we liked spending our time arguing, joking, drinking, and smoking pot. We wasted lots of valuable time that we could have used to do useful shit.
2.You Stop Being Concerned About Other People’s Affairs
I realized that spending more time alone enabled me to stop being concerned about other people’s affairs. I had no one to tell me about John’s alcoholic monkey, Jerry’s cool rat, and Tom’s fucked up cat.
It dawned on me that the more I spent time with people, the more I wanted to know and think about their affairs. And the more I thought about their affairs, the more I wasted time comparing my life with theirs. Solitude thus allowed me to only think and care about me.
3.You Save More Money
Spending more time alone enabled me to save more money because I lacked the company that encouraged me to spend money on parties, clubs, and the latest footwear. I also saved more because I stopped spending on people to make them love my company.
4.You Engage in Deep Thinking
Being alone allowed me to engage in deep thinking during my free time. Deep thinking enabled me to discover many pearls of wisdom that I’ve shared in my blog posts and book. Earlier, it was almost impossible for me to engage in deep thinking during my free time because I spent it socializing.
5.You Know Thyself
Spending more time alone enabled me to face myself. With no one to occupy my energy and attention, I started thinking about my weaknesses, strengths, and passions. I discovered that my major weakness is the fear of rejection, and my major strength is a strong will power. I also realized that I loved reading, researching, and watching wildlife documentaries. It was hard for me to discover such things before embracing solitude.
These are the five major benefits of solitude that make me want to spend more time alone. You can try spending more time alone and you’ll experience them personally. Anyway, I believe there are many more benefits of solitude that many bloggers have written about. You are free to add them in the comment box below.
Love Ya. Thanks for reading my shit
Welcome to my facebook group: The Unbounded Wisdom Community, where I share insightful quotes
The Truth About Following Your Dreams
Motivational speakers love advising us to follow our dreams. They usually claim that dream chasing is easy since achieving our dreams only requires us to think positively, find what we love, visualize living the life of our dreams, and work hard. As well, they claim dream chasing is fun and adventurous.
I used to believe these ideas. However, I discarded them after chasing my blogging dreams for about two years and realizing that dream chasing is boring as I always force myself to work, and things seldom work out as I expect. Furthermore, I doubted these ideas after a large percentage of my blogger friends gave up on their blogging dream.
I started blogging in 2018 January, and I made friends with many aspiring bloggers. A year later, 98% of these folks gave up on blogging after experiencing the writer’s block and slow-traffic growth.
These folks mainly gave up because they found the journey boring, tough, and scary, although they believed in the idea that dream chasing is fun and adventurous. This is a shocking truth many people realize when chasing their dreams. I was also shocked after realizing that the journey isn’t easy, but I decided to keep working and see what will happen. However, sometimes, I feel like deleting my blog.
As well, I usually become extremely anxious when I think about failing to achieve my blogging dreams despite working hard, and I often ask myself whether I’ll continue working on my blog in case I don’t achieve my blogging dream after ten years.
Chasing my blogging dream has thus enlightened me about the shocking truths of dream chasing. After blogging for a while, I noticed that following dreams doesn’t guarantee success, and I discovered that anxiety and doubt are part of the journey.
Anyway, besides these truths, you’ll realize more sad truths when you start following your dreams. For instance, you’ll discover that several people, including your closest folks, will doubt your ability to achieve your dreams.
Another sad truth you’ll realize is that you’ll have to be your own motivator because most people will encourage you to give up. The people who love you will encourage you to get a safe and secure job, and they’ll tell you that dream chasing is for the extraordinary.
The chances of achieving our dreams increase if we know such facts about dream chasing because we’ll prepare ourselves for them, and we won’t be shocked when we realize them. However, the chances are slim when we think it’s easy to chase and achieve dreams because we’ll expect the journey to be fun and adventurous, and we’ll quit after realizing its toughness.
In conclusion, never ever follow your dreams if you think dream chasing is easy because you’ll give up, and you’ll end up being depressed. Only follow them when you are ready to endure obstacles, discouragement, and work persistently despite not seeing progress.
I wish you the best.
35 More Harsh Realities You Need to Accept Right Away – Part 2
Last week, I shared the 35 Harsh Realities You Need to Accept Right Now. Today I’ll share more harsh realities you have to accept.’
- ‘Life is hard, but compared to what?’
- ‘You’ll never make a difference if you are not different.’
- ‘You’ll never attain fulfillment if you work at a job you hate.’
- ‘Trusting the Creator eliminates anxiety and worry.
- ‘Happiness comes when you don’t chase it.’
- ‘Be happy when you are alive because you’ll be dead for a long period.’
- ‘You’ll never understand God completely even if you pray, meditate, and study spiritual books every second.’
- ‘Positive emotions and feelings come from within, while negative emotions and feelings come from without.’
- ‘Jealousy prevents happiness and peace of mind because it leads to competition, hatred, and anger,’
- ‘Envy arises when you think someone is happier than you.’
- ‘You only find happiness when you are content with yourself.’
- ‘There is no shortcut to anything worth having.’
- ‘Most of us will never live the life of our dreams because we lack courage.’
- ‘A billion dollars cannot afford what friendship can buy.’
- ‘No matter how much you plan, things can still go wrong.’
- ‘People won’t be impressed if you struggle to impress them.’
- ‘Nothing will change if you think the same thoughts every day.’
- ‘You can’t create a new personal reality if you don’t change your personality.’
- ‘Your content is not interesting if you have few views on your blog or vlog.
- ‘How you make money is more important than how much you make.’
- ‘If you act like everybody else, nothing special will happen to you.’
- ‘When someone betrays you, there is a 99% chance that he will do so again.’
- ‘If you become too generous, people will believe your good deeds are their rights.’
- ‘Stop talking about your problems. Few people care. Most people have many problems to care about.’
- ‘Life has never been and will never be fair.’
- ‘Every opinion has a gram of truth.’
- ‘Nature is the only reliable word of God.’
- ‘Nothing will change in your life if you do nothing and expect God to make the changes.’
- ‘You are one decision away from a totally different life.’
- ‘Never rely on religious leaders to provide you with enlightening spiritual knowledge. They only gain when you are spiritually dumb.’
- ‘You’ll seldom be joyful if your joy depends on what happens around you.’
- ‘Achieving big goals is difficult. These goals require years of persistent hard work and doing many things that you don’t like to do.’
- ‘The surest way to failure is trying to impress everybody.’
- ‘Your past might screw up with the present if you don’t make peace with it.’
- ‘Your life is a reflection of your thoughts, decisions, and actions.
You are welcome to add more harsh realities in the comment box below.
Facebook group – Unbounded Wisdom Community
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
SUCCESS2 years ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.