Recently, while thinking about life, I discovered the greatest error of modern society: our obsession with the future.
We are trained to focus on the future from a young age. When we start school, it trains us to focus on passing our exams so that we have a great future. And when we grow up, our friends and relatives urge us to focus on getting a good job that will ensure a successful future. After getting the job, our colleagues tell us that life will only get better when we get promoted.
For this reason, almost everyone is future-obsessed. We wake up thinking about the future, spend the day thinking about the future, and sleep thinking about it. Everything we do is concerned with the future, and we are seldom in the present moment. We are so obsessed with the future that we sometimes succumb to depression because we can’t predict whether our future will be bright.
It’s time we stop obsessing about the future because this obsession has several disadvantages. For instance, it has blinded us from seeing what’s happening to our world. Most of us are unaware that greed is causing the extinction of our forests, water sources, and animals because we are busy planning for the future. We are unaware that there’s no future without the natural environment.
Furthermore, over-focusing on the future has prevented us from seeing the beauty of the present moment. We can’t take a break and take a walk in nature, or watch the beautiful sky at night and other amazing views that surround us because we are busy thinking about the future.
Moreover, we can’t find time to think about our relationship with Infinite Intelligence/God, and we seldom allocate time for prayer and meditation because such activities will waste our time. The time we need to obsess about the future.
As well, most of us can’t connect with the radiant light of Infinite Intelligence because our minds are always in the future. Infinite intelligence exists in the present moment, and therefore, obsessing about the future cuts our connection to it.
Instead of over-focusing on the future, we must strive to focus on the present moment because of its immense benefits. The present moment connects us to a powerful and unlimited intelligence and increases our chances of having peak experiences. Besides this, focusing on the present moment enables us to notice what’s happening around us.
Lastly, this focus ensures that we align our actions, decisions, and thoughts with the type of future we want, and it also opens our eyes to the infinite opportunities around us that we seldom notice because we are busy thinking about the future.
PEACE BE WITH YOU.
N/B – Some readers might think this article wants them to avoid thinking about the future completely. However, this article supports thinking and planning for the future. It only discourages overthinking or obsessing about it. Its main message is, ‘you are free to plan and think about the future but don’t obsess about it.’
Check out this post for more benefits of living in the present moment.
You are welcome to join my facebook group for more insightful ideas and quotes.
Why You Shouldn’t Share Your Goals with Everybody
Some of us have big goals, and we love sharing them with many people. We share these goals because we want people to either support us or realize that we are focused. However, sharing our goals is a fatal mistake because it can lead to discouragement.
When you share your goals, you open yourself to discouragement because many people will doubt your ability to achieve these goals, and they will try convincing you to stop going after them.
Mainly, the people you love the most will tell you that it’s impossible to achieve these goals, and the sad thing is that you might end up believing them. You might find yourself overthinking and analyzing their arguments, and eventually, you might give up if you are not a strong-willed person.
When I started blogging, I shared my blogging goals with many people because I believed they would support me. However, to my surprise, these folks discouraged me. They sent me links to Youtube videos and articles that explained how it’s impossible to succeed as a blogger, and some of them advised me to delete my blog and look for a 9-to-5 job.
Their advice discouraged me, and I kept overanalyzing their negative ideas about blogging. I then realized that we humans tend to focus on negative advice because I focused so much on their advice that I got headaches and anxiety attacks. It took me a long time to overcome their negative impact, and I had to force myself to work on my blog every day because I always thought about their advice whenever I wrote an article.
I would have given up if I wasn’t a strong-willed person.
I’m sharing this information with you because I know some of you are weak-willed dreamers with big goals, and you might give up easily after sharing your goals with many people.
Today’s world is filled with cowards who don’t believe in their/other people’s abilities, and therefore, you might accidentally share your goals with these folks.
For this reason, keep your goals to yourself, or only share them with believers – if you really feel like sharing them – and it will be easier for you to commit to your goals.
Anyway, I wish you the best in your endeavors. May the universe support you by providing you with the grace, miracles, and blessings you need to achieve your goals.
Thanks for Reading.
You can find me at my Facebook community: The Unbounded Wisdom Community for Mind-Blowing Quotes and ideas.
Top 24 Deep Truths Every Spiritual Seeker Must Know
In my article, 20 Powerful Spiritual Truths You Must Know Right Now, I discussed amazing spiritual truths that most of you loved. Here, I’ll share with you deep truths that all spiritual seekers must know.
Most of the truths I’ll share here are known by every spiritual seeker, but others are facts only known by seekers who read hard and think deep.
- Envy is a mixture of pessimism, hate, and fear.
- Anyone, including the wicked, can manipulate spiritual powers. This is the reason why ancient secret societies never exposed their secret spiritual knowledge to everybody.
- If you fear ghosts, you are either closed-minded or you don’t know that the divine dwells in you.
- If you stop caring about non-sense, you’ll have more energy to work on spiritual development.
- Life becomes better when you stop trying to control it.
- Your most reliable sources of knowledge are your intuition and reason.
- The body does not know the difference between reality and imagination. It will tremble when you imagine yourself in a frozen forest, and it can sweat when you imagine yourself in a hot desert.
- Words are powerful: they evoke feelings, emotions, and trigger action.
- We came from a powerful, intelligent, and mysterious source.
- A life of service leads to harmony.
- You’ll find inner peace when you stop attaching emotions and feelings to your thoughts.
- We are gods in a lower state of consciousness.
- You are both earthly and godly. Your body makes you one with the earth, and your spirit makes you one with God.
- Many spiritual masters agree that you can feel the presence of the Divine if you choose one virtue and conduct it uncompromisingly.
- Loving everybody unconditionally and being thankful for what you have are silent methods of prayer.
- You easily attain inner peace when you surrender to the flow of life.
- Ghosts exist, I saw one after saying a moon prayer.
- According to the Law of Divine Manifestation, the universe will provide you with everything you need to grow in all aspects of your life.
- According to the Law of Prosperity, you prosper easily and quickly when you hold images, feelings, and emotions that align with beauty, prosperity, and love.
- The universe will only give you more spiritual powers when you effectively use the powers you have.
- Psychedelic drugs induce higher states of consciousness.
- All living things are The Creator expressing itself in different states of consciousness.
- Knowing or thinking about the Creator is not enough; as spiritual seekers, we must strive to feel the Creator’s presence.
- Invoking spirits with an impure heart is dangerous as you might end up invoking evil entities.
Hope you enjoyed the deep truths. If so, you are welcome to my facebook community, unbounded wisdom community for insightful quotes and ideas.
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
SUCCESS2 years ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich