Mark Manson’s bestseller, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck, is a wonderful book for people who care so much about things that don’t matter. I loved the book because it reinforced my main philosophy: to never care about other people’s opinions/thoughts about me.
Anyway, while reading the book I noted down quotes which I believed will be important to you.
- ‘When you give too many f*?ks – when you care about everyone and everything – you will feel that you’re perpetually entitled to be comfortable and happy at all times, that everything is supposed to be just exactly the way you want it to be. This is sickness, and it will eat you alive. You will see every adversity as an injustice, every challenge as a failure, and every disagreement as a betrayal.’ – Mark Manson
- ‘If you find yourself consistently, giving too many f*?ks about trivial shit that bothers you – your ex-boyfriends’ new Facebook Picture, how quickly the batteries die in the TV remote – chances are you don’t have much going in your life to give a legitimate f*?k about.’- Mark Manson
- ‘Everything worthwhile in life is won through surmounting the associated negative experience. Any attempt to escape the negative, to avoid it or quash it or silence it, only backfires. The avoidance of suffering is a form of suffering.’ – Mark Manson
- ‘Maturity is what happens when one only learns to only give a f*?k about what’s truly f*?k-worthy.’ – Mark Manson
- ‘Finding something important and meaningful in your life is perhaps the most productive use of your time and energy. Because if you don’t find that meaningful something, you will focus your attention on meaningless and frivolous causes.’ – Mark Manson
- ‘Once you become comfortable with all the shit that life throws at you (and it will throw a lot of shit, trust me), you become invincible in a sort of low-level spiritual way. After all the only way to overcome pain is to first learn how to bear it.’ – Mark Manson
- ‘If you’re miserable in your current situation, chances are it’s because you feel like some part of it is outside your control – that there’s a problem you have no ability to solve.’ – Mark Manson
- ‘If you’re stuck on a problem, don’t sit there and think about it: just start working on it. Even if you don’t know what you’re doing, the simple act of working on it will eventually cause the right ideas to show up in your head.’ – Mark Manson
- ‘It turns out that adversity and failure are actually and even necessary for developing strong-minded and successful adults.’ – Mark Manson
- ‘You can’t be an important and life-changing presence for some people without also being a joke and an embarrassment to others.’ – Mark Manson
- ‘I believe that today we’re facing a psychological epidemic, one in which people no longer realize it’s okay for things to suck sometimes.’ – Mark Manson
You can also check out my post on 9 fucking lessons from The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck
- ‘We suffer from the simple reason that suffering is biologically useful. It is nature’s preferred agent for inspiring change. We have evolved to always live with a certain degree of dissatisfaction and insecurity, because it’s the mildly dissatisfied and insecure creature that’s going to do the most work to innovate and survive.’ – Mark Manson
- ‘You and everyone you know are going to be dead soon. And in the short amount of time between here and there, you have a limited amount of f*?ks to give. Very few, in fact. And if you go around giving a f*?k, you will get f*?ked.’ – Mark Manson
If you loved this post, check out the My Top 30 Favorite Quotes from the Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k – Part 2
N/B – Photography – @simplykech – 0735891691
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE
SUCCESS3 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
GENERAL ADVICE3 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
QUOTES2 years ago
Top 11 Enlightening Quotes From the Most Mind-Opening book:Sapiens – The History of Mankind.
HIDDEN TRUTHS3 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
Motivation3 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
QUOTES1 year ago
21 Life Changing Marisa Peer Quotes
IDEAS3 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity