My Top 13 Favorite Quotes from the Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck is my most trending post, and I don’t know the exact reason why. Sometimes, I think it’s because it contains quotes that encourage people to avoid giving a f*?k, but sometimes I think it’s the book’s topic that attracts people to the post.
Anyway, because it’s the most loved post on my blog, I decided to provide you with more quotes from the book.
- ‘A confident man doesn’t feel a need to prove that he’s confident. A rich woman doesn’t feel a need to convince anybody that she’s rich.’
- ‘The problem is that giving too many fucks is bad for your mental health. It causes you to become overly attached to the superficial and fake, to dedicate your life to chasing a mirage of happiness and satisfaction.’
- ‘Our society today, through the wonders of a consumer culture and hey-look-my-life-is-cooler-than-yours social media, has bred a whole generation of people who believe that having negative experiences –anxiety, fear, and guilt, etc. is not okay.’
- ‘The key to living a good life is not giving a fuck about more; it’s giving a fuck about less, giving a fuck about only what is true and immediate and important.’
- ‘Pain is an inextricable thread in the fabric of life, and to tear it out is not only impossible but destructive; attempting to tear it out unravels everything else with it. To try to avoid pain is to give too many fucks about pain. In contrast, if you’re able to not give a fuck about pain, you become unstoppable.’
- ‘In my life, I have given a fuck about many things. I have also not given a fuck about many things. And like the road not taken, it was the fucks not given that made all the difference.’
- ‘To not give a fuck is to stare down life’s most terrifying and difficult challenges and still take action.’
- ‘Most of us struggle throughout our lives by giving too many fucks in situations where fucks do not deserve to be given.’
- ‘To not give a fuck about adversity, you must give a fuck about something more important than adversity.’
- ‘As Freud once said, ‘One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.’
- ‘Dissatisfaction and unease are inherent parts of human nature, and are necessary components to creating consistent happiness.’
- ‘You may salivate at the thought of a problem-free life full of everlasting happiness and eternal compassion, but back here on earth the problems never cease.’
- ‘True happiness occurs only when you find the problems you enjoy having and enjoy solving.’
- ‘Joy doesn’t just sprout out of the ground like daisies and rainbows. Real, serious, lifelong fulfillment and meaning have to be earned through the choosing and managing of our struggles.’
- ‘What determines your success isn’t. ‘What do you want to enjoy?’ The relevant question is, ‘What pain do you want to sustain?” The path to happiness is a path full of shitheaps, and shame.’
- ‘The true measurement of self-worth is not how a person feels about her positive experiences, but rather how she feels about her negative experiences.’
- ‘The truth is that there’s no such thing as a personal problem. If you’ve got a problem, chances are millions of other people have had it in the past, have it now, and are going to have it the future. Likely people you know too. That doesn’t minimize the problem or mean that it shouldn’t hurt. It doesn’t mean you aren’t legitimately a victim in some circumstances. It just means you are not special.’
- ‘Problems may be inevitable, but the meaning of each problem is not. We get to control what our problems mean based on how we choose to think about them, the standard by which we choose to measure them.’
- ‘Our values determine the metrics by which we measure ourselves and everyone else.’
- ‘Pleasure is great, but it’s a horrible value to prioritize your life around.’
- ‘The fact is, people who base their self-worth on being right about everything prevent themselves from learning from their mistakes.’
- ‘Denying negative emotions leads to experiencing deeper and more prolonged negative emotions.’
- ‘It’s simply, really; things go wrong, people upset us, accidents happen. These things make us feel like shit. And that’s fine, negative emotions are a necessary component of emotional health. To deny that negativity is to perpetuate problems rather than solve them.
- ‘The trick with negative emotions is to 1) express them in a socially acceptable and healthy manner and 2) express them in a way that aligns with your values. A simple example; a value of mine is non-violence. Therefore, when I get mad at somebody. I express that anger, but also make a point of not punching them in the face. Anger is a part of life. Anger is arguably quite healthy in many situations.’
- ‘When we force ourselves to stay positive at all times, we deny the existence of our life’s problems. And when we deny our problems, we rob ourselves of the chance to solve them and generate happiness. Problems add a sense of meaning and importance to our life. Thus to duck our problems is to lead a meaningless existence.
- ‘A lot of people hesitate to take responsibility for their problems because they believe that to be responsible for your problems is to also be at fault for your problems.’
- ‘Many people may be to blame for your unhappiness, but nobody is ever responsible for your unhappiness but you. This is because you always get to choose how you see things, how you react to things, how you value things. You always get to choose the metric by which to measure your experiences.’
- ‘People who consistently make the best choices in the situations they’re given are the ones who eventually come out ahead in poker, just as in life.’
- ‘We shouldn’t seek to find the ultimate “right” answer for ourselves, but rather, we should seek to chip away at the ways that we’re wrong today so that we can be a little less wrong tomorrow.’
- ‘Certainty is the enemy of growth. Nothing is for certain until it has already happened – and even then, it’s still debatable. .. Instead of striving for certainty, we should be in constant search for doubt; doubt about our own beliefs, doubt about what the future may hold for us unless we get out there and create it for ourselves. Instead of looking to be right all the time, we should be looking for how we’re wrong all the time. Because we are.
Top 30 Insightful Truths You Must Know Right Now
In 2019, I shared over 70 harsh truths of life in two blog posts. Today, I’ll share 30 insightful truths I realized after thinking deeply about life.
- Stop labeling things and you’ll realize that everything is a miracle.
- The attachment to material things disappears when you stop seeking happiness in these things.
- Mostly, failed expectations are the main source of stress.
- The future is a form of memory because we use memory to imagine the future.
- There is no past or future because past and future exist in the mind. The present moment is all that will ever be.
- You can think about the past and the future, but you’ll never get out of the present moment.
- We condemn each other because we avoid studying ourselves.
- You’ll easily attain inner peace when you stop judging your thoughts.
- Every creature lives in its illusion. Man is the only animal that can see past the illusion.
- Beauty is spiritual: only man and God can recognize it.
- Man is special; he is the only creature that can rise to godliness through virtue
- You fear challenges because you dwell in the egoic state of consciousness
- You can’t destroy your ego, but you can rise above it.
- Check your thoughts and you’ll realize that a large percentage of them are negative.
- Worry occurs when you overanalyze the negative side of a situation.
- Every day, we have two great choices; we can move towards growth or step back into safety.
- Ignore the naysayers, they will always project their fears on you and eventually make you a negative thinker.
- Life only gets better when you get better.
- Prayer changes an event by enabling you to tune into your spiritual power. The spiritual power then changes things according to your desire. Remember, the spiritual is superior to the physical since it created it.
- Man is the only creature that refuses to accept life the way it is, and for this reason, he is the only creature that thinks life is suffering.
- We all want success but we avoid doing what it takes to be successful.
- Every creature is in tune with life. Man is the only creature that can choose whether to be in tune or not.
- Every creature uses its gift correctly. Man is the only creature that misuses his gifts.
- The world is an amazing magical place that we seldom bother exploring since we are focused on acquiring wealth and maintaining our ego.
- Constant worry and fear appear when you live in an illusion or when you live out of tune with life.
- Gratitude only arises when you realize that everything is a gift.
- Nothing can prevent an intelligent, all-powerful spirit that is obsessed with our survival (GOD) from answering our prayers.
- The most valuable things in life are free.
- Don’t share big plans with many people, most of them will discourage you.
- You only become wise when you accept that you don’t know anything.
You are welcome to add more insightful truths in the comment box below.
17 Most Empowering Eminem Lyrics of All Time
Eminem is my favorite rapper. I love most of his songs because they are emotional and I relate to them. Besides, I love the way he uses rap to encourage his fans to work hard, exploit opportunities, and cope with hard times. For this reason, I usually note down some of his powerful lyrics, which I love reading when taking a risk, stressed, or when I need motivation.
Two years ago, I shared the success lessons I learned from this rapper. Today, I’ll share some of his powerful lyrics.
- ‘When I say I’ma do something, I do it, I don’t give a damn what you think, I’m doing this for me.’ – Not Afraid
- ‘Until the roof, comes off, until my legs give out from underneath me. I will not fall, I will stand tall.’ – Till I Collapse
- That’s why we seize the moment, try to freeze it and own it. Squeeze it and hold it, cause we consider these minutes golden.’ – Sing for the Moment
- ‘Cause sometimes you just feel tired, feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up, but you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face.’ – Till I Collapse
- ‘I’ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly, and all those who look down on me, I’m tearing down your balcony.’ – Not Afraid
- ‘The passion in the flame is ignited, you can’t put it out once we light it.’ – Forever
- ‘You’re so familiarized with what having to swallow this pill is like, it happens all the time, they take your heart and steal your life. And it’s as though you feel you’ve died, cause you’ve been killed inside. But yet you’re still alive, which means you will survive.’ – Beautiful Pain
- ‘You’ll never slow the momentum at any moment, I’m about to blow.’ – No Love
- I’m a soldier. These shoulders hold up so much. They won’t budge. I’ll never fall or fold up.’ – Soldier
- I’m a soldier. Even if my collarbones crush or crumble. I’ll never slip or stumble.’ – Soldier
- ‘The moment, you own it, you better never let it go. You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.’ – Lose Yourself
- I’ve been chewed up, and spit out, and booed off stage, but I kept rhyming and stepped right in the next cypher/competition.’ – Lose Yourself
- ‘Success is my only motherf*?king option, failure’s not.’ – Lose Yourself
- Throw the match, set the past ablaze.’ – Beautiful Pain
- ‘Life is too short and I got no time to sit around just wasting it.’ – That’s All She Wrote
- ‘Fighters keep fighting, put your lighters up point them skyward up.’ – Lighters
- ‘From now on I’m refusing to ever give up. The only thing I ever gave up is using more excuses.’ – Lighters
You can add more empowering Eminem lyrics in the comment box below.
Facebook group for insightful quotes and ideas – unbounded wisdom community
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
SUCCESS2 years ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich