‘Irrationality interests me more than anything; sometimes it’s very dangerous, but it can be incredibly beautiful.’ – John Burnside
The modern world promotes the over-reliance on rationality because it believes rationality aligns with reality. For this reason, we are often advised to embrace rationality by using logic and judgment before making decisions.
I used to believe in this idea, but my beliefs changed after realizing that the over-reliance on rationality has failed us. It has resulted in stress and pessimism because rationality disagrees with esoteric ideas such as miracles, blessings, and luck.
Moreover, rationality refutes the idea that our thoughts can help us build a beautiful life, and it believes we are physical, mechanistic beings that accidentally appeared in a world of suffering.
Rationality has thus become our enemy instead of a friend.
Irrationality, though people distrust it, is the most reliable way of thinking because it aligns with our uncertain world as it provides room for faith, hope, and miracles. As well, it allows us to set big goals and permits us to believe in the existence of a Higher Power that is so willing to guide us towards an amazing life.
Moreover, irrationality is responsible for the world’s greatest inventions as it enabled the Wright Brothers to believe we can fly, and also enabled Graham Bell to believe people separated by distance can communicate using a telephone.
We must thus embrace irrationality if we want to be inventors and if we want to get more out of life. We must believe everything is possible, and that the universe works in our favor. Besides, we must rely on our intuition because its irrationality makes it a reliable guide in this chaotic world. The intuition can help us make quick decisions that will enable us to seize opportunities in this era of fast-paced changes.
Furthermore, we must apply irrationality by trusting that our life is changing for the better even when our current circumstances show no signs of positive change, and we must also think irrationally by believing that we are getting better at what we do even when we are unskilled.
However, while it’s advisable to embrace irrationality, we must not ditch rationality completely: we must apply it while pursuing precise answers to clearly-described problems.
‘I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking.’ – Albert Einstein
Peace Be With You
Welcome to my facebook group: The Unbounded Wisdom Community for insightful quotes and ideas
25 Powerful Affirmations to Lift Your Thinking
I used to doubt the effectiveness of affirmations. However, after studying hypnosis for a while, I discovered that affirmations work, particularly when you say them while in a relaxed state of mind. Besides this, I realized that they work because they change our beliefs, which influence our reality.
For this reason, I selected the following affirmations, which I say frequently. I hope you’ll also say them regularly, so that they lift your thinking, change your belief system, and eventually change your reality.
- ‘I know that I am pure Spirit, that I always have been, and that I always will be. There is inside me a place of confidence and quietness and security where all things are known and understood.’ – Wayne Dyer
- ‘I am an excellent creature, a valuable part of the universe in which I exist.’ – Jane Roberts
- ‘My existence enriches all other portions of life, while my own being is enhanced by the rest of creation.’ – Jane Roberts.
- ‘It is good, natural, and safe for me to grow and develop and use my abilities, and by doing so I also enrich all other portions of life.’- Jane Roberts.
- ‘I am eternally couched and supported by the universe of which I am a part.’ – Jane Roberts.
- ‘By nature, I am a good deserving creature, and all of life’s elements and parts are also of good intent.’ – Jane Roberts.
- ‘I have passed through the illusion of matter; I am now conscious that I am Divine.’ – anonymous
- ‘I call upon the law of accumulation. My supply comes from God, and now pours in and piles up, under grace.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘My supply comes from God – I have the magic of the spirit. It can never be depleted. As money goes out, immediately money comes in.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.’ – King David
- ‘I cannot be separated from God the Giver; therefore, I cannot be separated from God the Gift. The Gift is in action.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘The genius within me is released; I now fulfill my destiny.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘The Father (God) and I are one.’ – Jesus Christ
- I trust that everything is working for the highest good, and I am receiving all that I am meant to have.’ – Diana Haymond
- ‘The Lord is my shepherd; I shall never lack.’ – King David
- ‘I expect the unexpected, and my glorious good now comes to pass.’- Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘I am a spiritual being having a human experience.’ – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- ‘The giver of life is ever-present and guides all my steps.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘I feel the fear dripping away; there’s a stillness that nothing transmits, I’m a breeze that grows stronger.’ – iLe
- ‘Every day, I am becoming a better version of myself.’
- ‘I now catch up with my good, for before I called, I was answered.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘I am a child and a manifestation of God, and every moment his life, love, wisdom and power flow into and through me.’ – anonymous
- ‘I give my problems to the Great mind of God; I let go of them, confident that the correct answers will return to me when they are needed.’ – Wayne Dyer
- ‘To the great Law of attraction, everything in my life that I need for my work and fulfillment will come to me. It is not necessary that I strain about this. I should only believe. For in the strength of my belief, my faith will make it so.’ – Wayne Dyer
- ‘I am a god, who once believed s/he was man.’ – Isaac Wechuli
N/B – Modern society demands us to perform many activities that might prevent us from saying all the above affirmations regularly. For this reason, you can only choose one or two of them if you have a busy schedule.
There is No Difference between Us and ‘Extraordinary’ Folks
This is an excerpt from my free book, ‘Awaken from the Deep Sleep.’
We are extraordinary beings that don’t know their potential. We can connect with the wisdom of the Creator, which is around and within us. We can attract whatever we want with our thoughts. We have an inner self that allows us to see into the future, and we can know anything we want to know. We have many powerful abilities beyond our imagination.
For this reason, there is no difference between us and prophets, animal whisperers, seers, witchdoctors, magicians, or anybody with ‘extraordinary’ abilities. We think these people are extraordinary because we don’t know how to awaken the powers within us. We concentrate on stupid things instead of trying to realize and exploit what’s within.
In Africa, there are many stories of people such as Syokimau (An Kenyan Prophetess), who predicted colonization long before it happened. These folks prophesied people with skin like meat (Europeans) coming to Africa with a long snake (train) and fire in their pockets (guns).
How were these folks able to see into the future? Were they extra-ordinary folks? Do you think you are different from these people? My research on these people enlightened me that they were not extraordinary. They were just like you and me. We also have their abilities within us, but we can’t demonstrate them because we haven’t awakened them.
Besides seers, do you think you are different from Albert Einstein, the Wright Brothers, or Buddha? I recently realized that these individuals seemed extraordinary because of the high levels of focus on their fields. For instance, Einstein focused so much on physics that he became one of the greatest physicists in the world. The Wright Brothers invented the first plane because they studied and worked on flight for several years. Similarly, Buddha meditated on suffering for six years, and he eventually knew the causes and solutions to suffering.
Imagine meditating on a certain topic for six years. It’s certain that you’ll be a freakin genius in that topic after six years. Let’s say, for six years; you do nothing apart from studying and thinking about the causes, cures, and effects of depression. Won’t you be a genius in this topic after six years?
Anyway, great folks also appear extraordinary because they are always in tune with their intuition, which enables them to make decisions that align with their life purpose.
The intuition is our connection to the Wisdom of The Creator, and for this reason, anyone who taps into it becomes extraordinary because he will be guided by Infinite Intelligence. Most of us have failed to connect with our intuition because we focus on trivial issues.
That being said, most of us have not and will never invent anything because we don’t focus on one thing, and we haven’t tapped into our inner intelligence. All masters gained their status because of their high level of focus, and their deep connection with their intuitive intelligence. These factors enabled them to awaken their inner abilities. There is nothing godly about them. They are like us, and we are like them.
I believe human beings are powerful creatures, but most of us are suffering because we are only using a little percentage of our potential. We have so much intelligence within, but we’ve been conditioned to focus on useless things so that we don’t notice this intelligence. This intelligence can make our life on earth easier. The sad thing is we don’t know about it because we are asleep.
“Intuition is a normal, natural part of life, and it is designed to be an absolutely amazing resource that makes our lives easier.” – Isis Jade
The next chapter explains how we are asleep. Get a free copy of the book from this link.
QUOTES1 year ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
SUCCESS1 year ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
SUCCESS1 year ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
GENERAL ADVICE1 year ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
SUCCESS1 year ago
6 Types of People Who Progress Faster