I discovered Yuval Harari’s book: Sapiens: A Brief History of Mankind, in one of my favorite Youtube channels: Alux.com. Alux’s wonderful description of the book in, 15 Books You Should Read This Summer, made me purchase it. I read the book, and I don’t regret buying it.
Sapiens is the best book I have read in 2018. The book narrates how man evolved, and makes you understand where our belief systems came from. It also provides mind-opening information about religion, political structures, and the importance of knowledge. From the book, I also learned the secrets of the most powerful nations and the main factors that enabled them to conquer the world.
The most powerful lesson I learned from the book is ‘KNOWLEDGE IS POWER,’ because knowledge was what enabled the Europeans to colonize the whole world.
I gathered the following insightful quotes from the book.
- “Buddha spent six years meditating on the essence, causes, and cures for human anguish. In the end, he came to the realization that suffering is not caused by ill fortune, by social injustice, or by divine whims. Rather, suffering is caused by the behavior patterns of one’s minds.” – Yuval Noah Harari.
- “As Nietzsche put it, if you have a WHY to live, you can bear almost any ‘HOW.’ A meaningful life can be extremely satisfying even in the midst of hardship whereas a meaningless life is a terrible ordeal no matter how comfortable it is.” – Yuval Noah Harari.
- “In the Middle Ages, the rich spent their money carelessly on extravagant luxuries, whereas peasants lived frugally minding every penny. Today, the tables have turned. The rich take great care managing their assets and investments while the less well go into debt buying cars and televisions they don’t really need.” – Yuval Noah Harari.
- “If you experience sadness without craving the sadness to go away, you continue to feel sadness but you don’t suffer from it. There can actually be richness in the sadness. If you experience joy without craving that the joy lingers and intensifies, you continue to feel joy without losing your peace of mind” – Yuval Noah Harari.
- “Both scientist and conqueror began by admitting ignorance – they both said, I don’t know what’s out there. They both felt to go out and make new discoveries. And they both hoped the new knowledge thus acquired would make them masters of the world.” – Yuval Noah Harari.
- “The supreme commandment of the rich is ‘Invest! The supreme commandment of the rest of us is Buy! – Yuval Noah Harari.
- “In the previous eras, the standard of beauty was set by the handful of people who lived next door to you. Today the media and the fashion industry expose us to a totally unrealistic standard of beauty. They search out the most gorgeous people on the planet and then parade them constantly before our eyes. No wonder we are far less happy with the way we look.’ – Yuval Noah Harari.
- “The findings demonstrate that happiness is not the surplus of pleasant over unpleasant moments. Rather happiness consists in seeing one’s life in its entirety as meaningful and worthwhile.” – Yuval Noah Harari.
- “If God knew in advance that a particular person would use her free will to choose evil, and that as a result she would be punished for this by eternal tortures in hell. Why did God create her?” – Yuval Noah Harari.
- Monotheism explains order but is mystified by evil. Dualism explains evil but is puzzled by order. There is one logical way of solving the riddle: to argue that there is a single Omnipotent God who created the entire universe – and he’s evil. But nobody in history has had the stomach for such a belief.” – Yuval Noah Harari.
- “The most cherished desires of the present-day are shaped by romantic, nationalist, capitalist and humanist myths that have been around for centuries. Friends giving advice often tell each other, ‘Follow your heart.’ But the heart is a double agent that usually takes its instructions from dominant myths of the day, and the very recommendation to ‘follow your heart’ was implanted in our minds by a combination of nineteenth-century Romantic myths and twentieth-century consumerist myths.” – Yuval Noah Harari.
Which do you think is the most enlightening quote?
I encourage you to follow me on Twitter (Isaac Wechuli) and Facebook (Wechul Isaac) for more discussions and insightful quotes.
You are also welcome to join my facebook group Unbounded Wisdom Community for further discussions and insightful quotes.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE
25 Most Uplifting Joel Osteen Quotes
I love Pastor Joel Osteen because he mostly focuses on empowering people. I always watch his sermons whenever I feel discouraged because his words always lift me up into the heavens. His teachings often make me have faith that the universe will provide anything I need for my dream. His words are so inspiring and you must listen to him if you want to love the life you live.
8 months ago, I provided you with The Four Major Lessons I have Learned From Pastor Joel Osteen. Today I will share with you 25 of his most uplifting quotes
N/B – You can replace the word, ‘God’ with ‘The universe/Superconsciousness/Infinite Intelligence/The Creator.’
- Today, remember that it’s our faith that opens the door for God’s power to work in our lives. What have you been believing God for? Don’t give up! Press through!.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘The forces for you are greater than the forces against you.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘If you don’t have it right now, don’t fight it.’ – Joel Osteen.
- ‘You must not be moved by what’s not working out, by how long it’s taking, by who’s not for you. Realize that the Most High is for you, and He is all you need.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘Don’t underestimate what you have. It may seem small but it’s not.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘If God gave you that job, he gave you the power to deal with its stress. If he gave you a dream, don’t say you do not have connections, if he gave you a dream he gave you what you need to accomplish the dream.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘God would not allow something bad to happen to you if it will block you from reaching your dreams. If something appears to be blocking you, then God has allowed it for a reason.’ –Joel Osteen
- There is a winner in you. You were created to be successful, to accomplish your goals, to leave your mark on this generation. You have greatness in you.’ The key is to get it out.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘What you have may seem small but if you use it, it will multiply.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘Don’t pray, ‘God, I’m tired of this place. Instead, thank him in advance and trust him believing that he will open the windows.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘God knows your needs, he won’t let you down. He will make a way if we trust him. He gives us strength and our heart’s desires.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘The dreams God placed in your heart. The promises He’s spoken over you have already been stamped with yes. God has already set the date to bring them to pass.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘You cannot talk about lack all day and expect abundance.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘God does the above and beyond.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘You cannot stay down and defeated if you always think about the goodness of God.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘Honor God, and the right people will find you.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘You may feel ordinary but think extraordinary.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘See yourself, talented, valuable, and people will see you that way.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘The more you talk about negative things in your life, the more you call them in. Speak victory not defeat.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘Don’t settle in the land of barely enough. That is where you are, it is not who you are. That’s your location. It’s not your identity. No matter what it looks like, have an abundance mentality.’ – Joel Osteen
- When God breathed his life into you, He created you to shine, to make a difference, to leave your mark. Your gift isn’t just for you; it’s to share with the world.’ – Joel Osteen.
- Even when it doesn’t work out you’re learning, you’re growing, you’re one step closer to seeing it happen.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘Do you feel out of season, as though you’re stuck in some area? Stay encouraged. God has you in the palms of his hands. Get ready for an ‘out-of-season’ blessing.’ – Joel Osteen
- ‘Get up every morning with the expectancy that God is working out His plan for your life and get ready for him to surprise you.’ – Joel Osteen
- Don’t live worried, frustrated or upset because of what somebody did or what didn’t work out. Come back to a place of peace. It’s not going to work against you: it’s going to work for you.’ – Joel Osteen
Which of the above quotes uplifted you the most?
Feel free to join my Facebook community The Unbounded Wisdom Community for more uplifting quotes
You are welcome to join my email list for personal discussions and updates.
18 Eye-Opening Quotes from the Book Billionaires Love To Read
Rumour has it that most Silicon Valley billionaires read Charles Haanel’s book, The Master Key System. Some people even claim that Bill Gates read the book before dropping out of Harvard.
These claims made me purchase the book, and I was glad I did so.
The book teaches about the power of thought, and how your thoughts determine the type of life you’ll live. In the book, Charles Haanel also teaches how to attract wealth and health, and he explains how bad thoughts can attract undesirable conditions.
The book is inspiring and spiritual. It shows you that your destiny is in your hands and that you are a spiritual being that is connected to the Supreme Intelligence that created the earth.
I gathered 18 eye-opening quotes from the book.
- ‘If your thought is weak, critical, destructive and negative generally, it will manifest in your body as fear, worry, and nervousness, in your finances as lack and limitation, and as discordant conditions in your environment.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘Fear is a powerful form of thought. It paralyzes the nerve centers, affecting the circulation of the blood. This, in turn, paralyzes the muscular system, so that fear affects the entire being, body, brain, and nerve, physical, mental, and muscular.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘If you wish to eliminate fear, concentrate on courage, If you wish to eliminate lack, concentrate on abundance, and if you wish to eliminate disease, concentrate on health.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘Every obstacle conquered and every victory gained will give you more faith in your power, and you will have the ability to win. Your strength is determined by your mental attitude; if this attitude is one of success, and is permanently held with an unswerving purpose, you will attract to you from the invisible domain the things you silently demand.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘Intuition usually comes in silence. Great minds seek solitude frequently. It is here that all the larger problems of life are worked out.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘If you concentrate on some matter of importance, the intuitive power will be set in operation, and help will come in the nature of the information which will lead to success.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘He who is wise enough to understand will readily recognize that the creative power of thought places an invincible weapon in his hands and makes him a master of his destiny.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘All conditions and experiences that come to us do so for our benefit. Difficulties and obstacles will continue to come until we absorb their wisdom and gather from them the essentials of further growth.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘If we wish to express abundance in our lives, we can afford to think abundance only. Thought is the only reality: conditions are but the outward manifestations; as the thought changes, all outward or material conditions must change in order to be in harmony with their creator, which is thought.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘The objective world is controlled by an unseen and heretofore unexplainable power. We have until now personalized this power and called it God.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘Every man is a reflection of the thoughts he has entertained during his lifetime.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘Thought is a spiritual activity and is therefore creative, but make no mistake, thought will create nothing unless it is consciously, systematically, and constructively directed; and herein is the difference between idle thinking, which is simply a dissipation of effort, and constructive thinking, which means practically unlimited achievement.’- Charles Haanel
- ‘Successful men make it their business to hold ideals of the conditions which they wish to realize. They constantly hold in mind the next step necessary to the ideal for which they are striving. Thoughts are materials with which they build, and the imagination is their mental workshop. Mind is the ever moving force with which they secure the persons and circumstances necessary to build their success structure, and imagination is the matrix in which all great things are fashioned.’ – Charles Haanel-
- ‘Real power comes from within. All power that anybody can possibly use is within man, only waiting to be brought into visibility by his first recognizing it, and then affirming it as his, working it into consciousness until he becomes one with it.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘You cannot entertain weak, harmful, negative thoughts ten hours a day and expect to bring about beautiful, strong, and harmonious conditions by ten minutes of positive, creative thought.’- Charles Haanel
- ‘Come to the realization of the fact that there can be no failure in the accomplishment of any proper object in life if you but understand your power and persist in your object, because the mind forces are ever ready to lend themselves to a purposeful will, in the effort to crystallize thought and desire into actions, events, and conditions.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘When the mind becomes mature, it understands that the germ of defeat is in every selfish thought.’ – Charles Haanel
- ‘If you do not intend to do a thing, do not start; if you do start, see it through even if the heavens fall; if you make up your mind to do something, do it; let nothing, no one, interfere; the ‘I’ in you has determined, the thing is settled; the die is cast, there is no longer any argument.’ – Charles Haanel
Which of the above quotes did you like?
Welcome to my facebook community Unbounded Wisdom Community for more insightful quotes and ideas.
You are also welcome to join my email list for updates and private discussions
SUCCESS8 months ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
IDEAS8 months ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
QUOTES6 months ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
GENERAL ADVICE7 months ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
SUCCESS2 months ago
6 Types of People Who Progress Faster
Motivation8 months ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
SUCCESS5 months ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
HIDDEN TRUTHS7 months ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
IDEAS6 months ago
Top 4 Startling Reasons Why Talented Individuals Fail
IDEAS8 months ago
Why You Must Never Share Big Ideas with Small Minded People