Last week, I shared 24 intriguing quotes from Mastery, and most of you loved them. I thus decided to share more intriguing quotes – that will help you achieve mastery – from the book.
- ‘The greatest impediment to creativity is your impatience.’
- ‘Anyone who would spend ten years absorbing the techniques and conventions of their field, trying them out, mastering them, exploring and personalizing them, would inevitably find their authentic voice and give birth to something unique and expressive.’
- ‘What you are trying to create will not magically take off after a few creative bursts of inspiration, but must be slowly evolved through a step-by-step process as you correct the flaws.’
- ‘If you begin with a feeling of tightness and pressure, focusing on the funding, the competition, or people’s opinions, you will stifle the associative powers of the brain and quickly turn your work into something without joy or life.’
- ‘To create a meaningful work of art or to make a discovery of invention requires great discipline, self-control, and emotional stability.’
- ‘You must come to embrace slowness as a virtue in itself. When it comes to creative endeavors, time is always relative. Whether your project takes months or years to complete, you will always experience a sense of impatience and a desire to get to the end.’
- People are dying for the new, for what expresses the spirit of the time in an original way. By creating something new, you will create your own audience, and attain the ultimate position of power in culture.’
- ‘Through intense absorption in a particular field over a long period of time, Masters come to understand all the parts involved in what they are studying. They reach a point where all of this has to become internalized, and they are no longer seeing the parts, but gain an intuitive feel for the whole.’
- ‘The time that leads to mastery is dependent on the intensity of our focus.’
- ‘When you look at the exceptionally creative work of Masters, you must not ignore the years of practice, the endless routines, the hours of doubt, and the tenacious overcoming of obstacles these people endured. Creative energy is the fruit of such efforts and nothing else.’
- ‘No moment is wasted if you pay attention and learn the lessons contained in every experience.’
- ‘It is best to have wide knowledge of your field and other fields, giving your brain more possible associations and connections.’
- ‘We must learn how to quiet the anxiety we feel whenever we are confronted with anything that seems complex or chaotic. In our journey from apprenticeship to mastery we must patiently learn the various parts and skills that are required, never looking too far ahead. In moments of perceived crisis, we must develop the habit of maintaining our cool and never overreacting.’
- ‘You must maintain a sense of destiny, and feel continuously connected to it. You are unique, and there is a purpose to your uniqueness. You must see every setback, failure, or hardship as a trial along the way, as seeds that are being planted for further cultivation.’
- ‘In following this voice (your true self’s voice) you realize your own potential, and satisfy your deepest longings to create and express your uniqueness.’
- ‘To rise to mastery requires many hours of dedicated focus and practice. You cannot get there if your work brings you no joy and you are constantly struggling to overcome your own weaknesses.’
- ‘A high level of intuition, like any skill, requires practice and experience. At first, our intuitions might be so faint that we do not pay attention to them or trust them. All masters talk of this phenomenon. But over time they learn to notice these rapid ideas that come to them.’
- ‘Intuition, primitive or high level, is essentially driven by memory.’
- ‘Every moment, every experience contains deep lessons for us.’
- ‘There are many paths to mastery, and if you are persistent you will certainly find one that suits you.’
Top 30 Insightful Truths You Must Know Right Now
In 2019, I shared over 70 harsh truths of life in two blog posts. Today, I’ll share 30 insightful truths I realized after thinking deeply about life.
- Stop labeling things and you’ll realize that everything is a miracle.
- The attachment to material things disappears when you stop seeking happiness in these things.
- Mostly, failed expectations are the main source of stress.
- The future is a form of memory because we use memory to imagine the future.
- There is no past or future because past and future exist in the mind. The present moment is all that will ever be.
- You can think about the past and the future, but you’ll never get out of the present moment.
- We condemn each other because we avoid studying ourselves.
- You’ll easily attain inner peace when you stop judging your thoughts.
- Every creature lives in its illusion. Man is the only animal that can see past the illusion.
- Beauty is spiritual: only man and God can recognize it.
- Man is special; he is the only creature that can rise to godliness through virtue
- You fear challenges because you dwell in the egoic state of consciousness
- You can’t destroy your ego, but you can rise above it.
- Check your thoughts and you’ll realize that a large percentage of them are negative.
- Worry occurs when you overanalyze the negative side of a situation.
- Every day, we have two great choices; we can move towards growth or step back into safety.
- Ignore the naysayers, they will always project their fears on you and eventually make you a negative thinker.
- Life only gets better when you get better.
- Prayer changes an event by enabling you to tune into your spiritual power. The spiritual power then changes things according to your desire. Remember, the spiritual is superior to the physical since it created it.
- Man is the only creature that refuses to accept life the way it is, and for this reason, he is the only creature that thinks life is suffering.
- We all want success but we avoid doing what it takes to be successful.
- Every creature is in tune with life. Man is the only creature that can choose whether to be in tune or not.
- Every creature uses its gift correctly. Man is the only creature that misuses his gifts.
- The world is an amazing magical place that we seldom bother exploring since we are focused on acquiring wealth and maintaining our ego.
- Constant worry and fear appear when you live in an illusion or when you live out of tune with life.
- Gratitude only arises when you realize that everything is a gift.
- Nothing can prevent an intelligent, all-powerful spirit that is obsessed with our survival (GOD) from answering our prayers.
- The most valuable things in life are free.
- Don’t share big plans with many people, most of them will discourage you.
- You only become wise when you accept that you don’t know anything.
You are welcome to add more insightful truths in the comment box below.
17 Most Empowering Eminem Lyrics of All Time
Eminem is my favorite rapper. I love most of his songs because they are emotional and I relate to them. Besides, I love the way he uses rap to encourage his fans to work hard, exploit opportunities, and cope with hard times. For this reason, I usually note down some of his powerful lyrics, which I love reading when taking a risk, stressed, or when I need motivation.
Two years ago, I shared the success lessons I learned from this rapper. Today, I’ll share some of his powerful lyrics.
- ‘When I say I’ma do something, I do it, I don’t give a damn what you think, I’m doing this for me.’ – Not Afraid
- ‘Until the roof, comes off, until my legs give out from underneath me. I will not fall, I will stand tall.’ – Till I Collapse
- That’s why we seize the moment, try to freeze it and own it. Squeeze it and hold it, cause we consider these minutes golden.’ – Sing for the Moment
- ‘Cause sometimes you just feel tired, feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up, but you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face.’ – Till I Collapse
- ‘I’ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly, and all those who look down on me, I’m tearing down your balcony.’ – Not Afraid
- ‘The passion in the flame is ignited, you can’t put it out once we light it.’ – Forever
- ‘You’re so familiarized with what having to swallow this pill is like, it happens all the time, they take your heart and steal your life. And it’s as though you feel you’ve died, cause you’ve been killed inside. But yet you’re still alive, which means you will survive.’ – Beautiful Pain
- ‘You’ll never slow the momentum at any moment, I’m about to blow.’ – No Love
- I’m a soldier. These shoulders hold up so much. They won’t budge. I’ll never fall or fold up.’ – Soldier
- I’m a soldier. Even if my collarbones crush or crumble. I’ll never slip or stumble.’ – Soldier
- ‘The moment, you own it, you better never let it go. You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.’ – Lose Yourself
- I’ve been chewed up, and spit out, and booed off stage, but I kept rhyming and stepped right in the next cypher/competition.’ – Lose Yourself
- ‘Success is my only motherf*?king option, failure’s not.’ – Lose Yourself
- Throw the match, set the past ablaze.’ – Beautiful Pain
- ‘Life is too short and I got no time to sit around just wasting it.’ – That’s All She Wrote
- ‘Fighters keep fighting, put your lighters up point them skyward up.’ – Lighters
- ‘From now on I’m refusing to ever give up. The only thing I ever gave up is using more excuses.’ – Lighters
You can add more empowering Eminem lyrics in the comment box below.
Facebook group for insightful quotes and ideas – unbounded wisdom community
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
SUCCESS2 years ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich