This article is a continuation of the article, ‘Top 20 Most Inspiring Bible Verses You Must Read Right Now.’
N/B – If you are not a Christian (like me) you can replace the word ‘God’ with The Universe, Infinite Intelligence, Source Consciousness, The Divine, Allah, or whatever you think created the world
- Psalms 34: 6. ‘This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him and saved him from all his troubles.’
- Psalms 34: 7. ‘In my misfortune I called, the Lord heard me and saved me from all distress.
- Psalms 34: 8. ‘Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.’
- Psalms 46:10. ‘Be still and know that I am God.’
- Proverbs 3: 3 – 4. ‘Let not kindness and fidelity leave you; bind them around your neck; Then you will win favor and good esteem before God and man.’
- Proverbs 3:5-6. ‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths.’
- Proverbs 11: 25. ‘The generous soul will be made rich, and he who waters will also be watered himself.’
- Isaiah 60: 22. ‘The smallest shall become a thousand, the youngest, a mighty nation. I, the Lord will swiftly accomplish these things when their time comes.’
- Jeremiah 29:11. ‘For I know the plans I have for you, ‘declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’
- Matthew 6: 30. ‘Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown in the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?’
- Matthew 6: 34. ‘Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.’
- Matthew 7:8 ‘For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.’
- Romans 8: 37 -39. ‘No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in creation, will be able to able to separate us from the LOVE of God.’
- Galatians 6: 9. ‘And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we don’t lose heart.’
- Philippians 4: 8-9. ‘Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Keep on doing what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me. Then the God of peace will be with you.’
- Philippians 4: 13. ‘I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me.’
- Philippians 4: 19. ‘My God will fully supply whatever you need.’
- 1st Timothy 4: 8. ‘For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the present and the future.’
- James 1:5 ‘But if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and he will be given it.’
- Matthew 7: 11. ‘If you then being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your father in heaven give good things to those who ask him?’
Top 24 Intriguing Quotes from Mastery by Robert Greene – Part 1
Mastery, by Robert Green, is one of the most amazing books I’ve ever read. The book is important to all individuals who want to be highly skilled in their fields because it teaches everything one must do to achieve mastery. Robert Greene makes the book more interesting by using the lives of great folks such as Benjamin Franklin and Michael Faraday to explain how one can attain mastery in any field.
Here are 24 intriguing quotes I picked from mastery.
- ‘Many of the greatest masters in history have confessed to experiencing some kind of force or voice or sense of destiny that has guided them forward.’
- ‘All of us are born unique. This uniqueness is marked genetically in our DNA. We are a one-time phenomenon in the universe – our exact genetic makeup has never occurred before, nor will it ever be repeated.’
- ‘You must understand the following; in order to master a field, you must love the subject and feel a profound connection to it. Your interest must transcend the field itself and border on the religious.
- ‘Scoff at the need for attention and approval – they will lead you astray.’
- ‘If change is forced upon you, you must resist the temptation to overreact.’
- ‘Do not dream or make grand plans for the future, but instead, concentrate on becoming proficient at these simple and immediate skills. This will bring you confidence and become a base which you can expand to other pursuits.’
- ‘Do not envy those who seem to be naturally gifted; it is often a curse, as such types rarely learn the value of diligence and focus, and they pay for this later in life.’
- ‘The greatest mistake you can make in the initial months of your apprenticeship is to imagine that you have to get attention, impress people, and prove yourself.’
- ‘It is better to dedicate two or three hours of intense focus to a skill than to spend eight hours of diffused concentration on it. You want to be as immediately as present to what you are doing as possible.’
- ‘In essence, when you practice and develop any skill, you transform yourself into the process. You reveal to yourself new capabilities that were previously latent, that are exposed as you progress.’
- ‘Although it might seem that the time necessary to master the requisite skills and attain a level of expertise would depend on the field and talent level, those who have researched the subject repeatedly come up with the number of 10,000 hours.’
- ‘To build anything well – a house, a political organization, a business, or a film – you must understand the building process and possess the necessary skills.’
- ‘You must value learning above everything else. This will lead you to all of the right choices.’
- ‘The people in your field, in your immediate circle, are like worlds unto themselves-their stories and viewpoints will naturally expand your horizons and build up your social skills. Mingle with as many different types of people as possible.’
- ‘When you enter a new environment, your task is to learn and absorb as much as possible. For that purpose, you must try to revert to a childlike feeling of inferiority – the feeling that others know much more than you.
- ‘To learn requires a sense of humility. We must admit that there are people out there who know our field much more deeply than we do. Their superiority is not a function of natural talent or privilege, but rather of time and experience.’
- ‘Mentors do not give you a shortcut, but they streamline the process.’
- ‘Masters are those who by nature have suffered to get where they are. They have experienced endless criticisms of their work, doubts about their progress, and setbacks along the way.’
- ‘To make a discovery, to invent something that connects with the public, to fashion a work of art that is meaningful, inevitably requires time and effort. This often entails years of experimentation, various setbacks and failures, and the need to maintain a high level of focus.’
- ‘If you are doing something primarily for money and without real emotional commitment, it will translate into something that lacks a soul, and that has no connection to you. You may not see this, but you can be sure that the public will feel it and that they will receive your work in the same lackluster spirit it was created in.’
- ‘The higher the goal, the more energy you will call up from deep within.’
- ‘You must let go of your need for comfort and security. Creative endeavors are by their nature uncertain.’
- ‘As you work to free up your mind and give it the power to alter its perspective, remember the following: the emotions we experience at any time have an inordinate influence on how we perceive the world.’
- ‘You must always try to work with deadlines, whether real or manufactured. Faced with the slenderest amount of time to reach the end, the mind rises to the level you require.
- All of us have access to a higher form of intelligence, one that can allow us to see more of the world, to anticipate trends, to respond with speed and accuracy to any circumstance. This intelligence is cultivated by deeply immersing ourselves in a field of study and staying true to our inclinations, no matter how unconventional our approach might seem.’
Which of the above quotes from Mastery did you like the most?
19 Life Changing Denzel Washington Quotes – (Net worth – $220 million)
Denzel Washington is a successful American actor with several awards. His $220 million net worth is a reflection of his hard work and commitment to the entertainment industry.
Besides acting, Denzel Washington loves advising young people that success is possible as long as they work hard and put God first.
Here are some of his wonderful pearls of wisdom I must share with you.
- ‘Without commitment, you’ll never start, but more importantly, without consistency, you’ll never finish.’
- ‘Nothing in life is worthwhile unless you take risks.’
- ‘’You can have anything good you want, so claim it. Work hard to get it. When you get it reach back and pull someone else up.’
- ‘Whatever your gift is, what are you going to do with what you have?’
- ‘If you don’t fail, you are not even trying.’
- ‘Don’t be afraid to fail big and dream big.’
- ‘Don’t just aspire to make a living. Aspire to make a difference.’
- ‘Goals on the road to achievement cannot be achieved without discipline and consistency.’
- ‘You attract not just what you fear, you attract what you feel, and what you are.’
- ‘Just because you are doing more, doesn’t mean you are getting a lot more done.’
- ‘Ease is a greater threat to progress than hardship.’
- ‘Every failed experiment is one step closer to success. You’ve got to take risks.’
- ‘If I am going to fall, I don’t wanna fall back on anything except my faith.’
- ‘True desire in the heart for anything good is God’s prove to you to indicate that it’s yours already.’
- ‘You only live once, so do what you feel passionate about.’
- ‘Hard work works.’
- ‘Keep moving; keep growing, keep learning. See you at work.’
- ‘I don’t think I could continue to do what I do if I was constantly worrying about what somebody thought about it.’
- ‘You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.’
Hope you enjoyed Denzel Washington’s quotes.
Do you want to AWAKEN and know what’s HIDDEN from you? Subscribe to get a free copy of my 14 page – book: Awaken from The Deep Sleep
QUOTES1 year ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS1 year ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE1 year ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
SUCCESS1 year ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
SUCCESS1 year ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
HIDDEN TRUTHS1 year ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
GENERAL ADVICE1 year ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS12 months ago
6 Types of People Who Progress Faster