Last Updated on February 9, 2024 by The Unbounded Thinker
“The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself” by Michael Singer, is an amazing self-help book for anyone that wants to attain inner peace and everlasting happiness. The book teaches that we are separate from the voice in our heads, and advises us about the importance of deciding to be happy regardless of what happens.
After reading the book, my life improved because I stopped attaching emotions to my thoughts and I realized that overanalyzing the future is futile since the mind knows nothing about the future.
Last week, I shared seven powerful lessons from the book. Today, I’ll share amazing quotes.
- ‘There is nothing more important to true growth than realizing that you are not the voice of the mind – you are the one who hears it.’
- ‘If you’re willing to be objective and watch all your thoughts, you’ll see that the vast majority of them have no relevance. They have no effect on anything or anybody, except you. They are simply making you feel better or worse about what is going on now, what has gone on in the past, or what might go on in the future.’
- ‘Your inner growth is completely dependent upon the realization that the only way to find peace and contentment is to stop thinking about yourself.’
- ‘You will not be able to solve anything outside until you own how the situation affects you inside.’
- ‘Problems are generally not what they appear to be. When you get clear enough, you will realize that the real problem is that there is something inside of you that can have a problem with everything.’
- ‘The more you are willing to just let the world be something you’re aware of, the more it will let you be who you are – the awareness, the self, the Atman, the Soul.’
- ‘The alternative is to decide not to fight with life. You realize and accept that life is not under your control. Life is continuously changing, and if you’re trying to control it, you’ll never be able to fully live it. Instead of living life, you’ll be afraid of it.’
- ‘You are a great being who has been given a tremendous opportunity to explore beyond yourself. The whole process is very exciting, and you will have good times and bad times. All sorts of things will happen. That’s the fun of the journey.’
- ‘The spiritual journey is one of constant transformation. In order to grow, you must give up the struggle to remain the same, and learn to embrace change at all times.’
- ‘One of the most important areas requiring change is how we solve our personal problems. We normally attempt to solve our inner disturbances by protecting ourselves. Real transformation begins when you embrace your problems as agents of growth.’
- ‘How do you free yourself? In the deepest sense, you free yourself by finding yourself. You are not the pain you feel, nor are you the part that periodically stresses out. None of these disturbances have anything to do with you. You are the one who notices these things.’
- ‘You are capable of ceasing the absurdity of listening to the perpetual problems of your psyche. You can put an end to it. You can wake up in the morning, look forward to the day, and not worry about what will happen. Your daily life can be a vacation. Work can be fun, family, can be fun, you can just enjoy it all.’
- ‘Just relieve your mind of the job of making sure that everyone and everything will be the way you need them to be so that you can feel better inside.’
- ‘Everything will be okay as soon as you are okay with everything. And that’s the only time everything will be okay.’
- ‘The minute you stop putting your whole heart and soul into the mind as if it were your savior and protector, you will find yourself behind the mind watching it. That’s how you know about your thoughts: you are in there watching them. Eventually, you will be able to just sit in there quietly, and consciously watch the mind.’
- ‘One of the essential requirements for true spiritual growth and deep personal transformation is coming to peace with pain.’
- ‘In truth, pain is the price of freedom. And the moment you are willing to pay that price, you will no longer be afraid. The moment you are not afraid of the pain, you’ll be able to face all of life’s situations without fear.’
- ‘Spirituality is the commitment to go beyond, no matter what it takes. It’s an infinite journey based upon going beyond yourself every minute of every day for the rest of your life. If you’re truly going beyond, you are always at your limits.’
- ‘The highest spiritual path is life itself. If you know how to live daily life, it all becomes a deliberating experience.’
- ‘Billions of things could happen that you haven’t even thought of yet. The question is not whether they will happen. Things are going to happen. The real question is whether you want to be happy regardless of what happens.’
- ‘The greatest gift one can give to God is to be pleased with his creation.’
- ‘Stress only happens when you resist life’s events. If you’re neither pushing life away, nor pulling toward you, then you are not creating any resistance. You are simply present. In this state, you are just witnessing and experiencing the events of life taking place. If you choose to live this way, you will see that life can be lived in a state of peace.’
- ‘Fortunately, deep within us, there is a direct connection to the Divine. There is a part of our being that is beyond the personal self. You can consciously choose to identify with that part, rather than with the psyche or the body. When you do this, a natural transformation begins to take place within.’
- ‘You gain nothing by being bothered by life’s events. It doesn’t change the world; you just suffer. There’s always going to be something that can bother you, if you let it.’
- ‘God’s nature is eternal, conscious bliss. No matter what you’ve done, you’re not going to be the one thing that ruins it.’
I hope you enjoyed the quotes from ‘The Untethered Soul.’ Please read the book, and you’ll live as a soul, and not in your mind.
Check out my Youtube Post and subscribe to my Youtube channel