The Untethered Soul, by Michael Singer, is an amazing self-help book for anyone that wants to attain inner peace and everlasting happiness. The book teaches that we are separate from the voice in our heads, and advises us about the importance of deciding to be happy regardless of what happens.
After reading the book, my life improved because I stopped attaching emotions to my thoughts and I realized that overanalyzing the future is futile since the mind knows nothing about the future.
Last week, I shared seven powerful lessons from the book. Today, I’ll share amazing quotes.
- ‘There is nothing more important to true growth than realizing that you are not the voice of the mind – you are the one who hears it.’
- ‘If you’re willing to be objective and watch all your thoughts, you’ll see that the vast majority of them have no relevance. They have no effect on anything or anybody, except you. They are simply making you feel better or worse about what is going on now, what has gone on in the past, or what might go on in the future.’
- ‘Your inner growth is completely dependent upon the realization that the only way to find peace and contentment is to stop thinking about yourself.’
- ‘You will not be able to solve anything outside until you own how the situation affects you inside.’
- ‘Problems are generally not what they appear to be. When you get clear enough, you will realize that the real problem is that there is something inside of you that can have a problem with everything.’
- ‘The more you are willing to just let the world be something you’re aware of, the more it will let you be who you are – the awareness, the self, the Atman, the Soul.’
- ‘The alternative is to decide not to fight with life. You realize and accept that life is not under your control. Life is continuously changing, and if you’re trying to control it, you’ll never be able to fully live it. Instead of living life, you’ll be afraid of it.’
- ‘You are a great being who has been given a tremendous opportunity to explore beyond yourself. The whole process is very exciting, and you will have good times and bad times. All sorts of things will happen. That’s the fun of the journey.’
- ‘The spiritual journey is one of constant transformation. In order to grow, you must give up the struggle to remain the same, and learn to embrace change at all times.’
- ‘One of the most important areas requiring change is how we solve our personal problems. We normally attempt to solve our inner disturbances by protecting ourselves. Real transformation begins when you embrace your problems as agents of growth.’
- ‘How do you free yourself? In the deepest sense, you free yourself by finding yourself. You are not the pain you feel, nor are you the part that periodically stresses out. None of these disturbances have anything to do with you. You are the one who notices these things.’
- ‘You are capable of ceasing the absurdity of listening to the perpetual problems of your psyche. You can put an end to it. You can wake up in the morning, look forward to the day, and not worry about what will happen. Your daily life can be a vacation. Work can be fun, family, can be fun, you can just enjoy it all.’
- ‘Just relieve your mind of the job of making sure that everyone and everything will be the way you need them to be so that you can feel better inside.’
- ‘Everything will be okay as soon as you are okay with everything. And that’s the only time everything will be okay.’
- ‘The minute you stop putting your whole heart and soul into the mind as if it were your savior and protector, you will find yourself behind the mind watching it. That’s how you know about your thoughts: you are in there watching them. Eventually, you will be able to just sit in there quietly, and consciously watch the mind.’
- ‘One of the essential requirements for true spiritual growth and deep personal transformation is coming to peace with pain.’
- ‘In truth, pain is the price of freedom. And the moment you are willing to pay that price, you will no longer be afraid. The moment you are not afraid of the pain, you’ll be able to face all of life’s situations without fear.’
- ‘Spirituality is the commitment to go beyond, no matter what it takes. It’s an infinite journey based upon going beyond yourself every minute of every day for the rest of your life. If you’re truly going beyond, you are always at your limits.’
- ‘The highest spiritual path is life itself. If you know how to live daily life, it all becomes a deliberating experience.’
- ‘Billions of things could happen that you haven’t even thought of yet. The question is not whether they will happen. Things are going to happen. The real question is whether you want to be happy regardless of what happens.’
- ‘The greatest gift one can give to God is to be pleased with his creation.’
- ‘Stress only happens when you resist life’s events. If you’re neither pushing life away, nor pulling toward you, then you are not creating any resistance. You are simply present. In this state, you are just witnessing and experiencing the events of life taking place. If you choose to live this way, you will see that life can be lived in a state of peace.’
- ‘Fortunately, deep within us, there is a direct connection to the Divine. There is a part of our being that is beyond the personal self. You can consciously choose to identify with that part, rather than with the psyche or the body. When you do this, a natural transformation begins to take place within.’
- ‘As you let go and willingly release the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of your being, Spirit becomes your state.’
- ‘God’s nature is eternal, conscious bliss. No matter what you’ve done, you’re not going to be the one thing that ruins it.’
I hope you enjoyed the quotes from ‘The Untethered Soul.’ Please read the book, and you’ll live as a soul, and not in your mind.
Facebook group – Unbounded Wisdom Community
22 Amazing Quotes from the Lost Keys of Freemasonry by Manly P. Hall.
There are many confusing beliefs about Freemasons. Some people believe these individuals are satanic, while others claim that they have good intentions. As for me, I’m not sure about their intentions, but what I am sure of is that they have eye-opening secrets.
In his book, The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, Manly P. Hall discusses some of these secrets. Moreover, he exposes the main virtues of Freemasonry and the things one must do to consider himself a Mason.
I noted down several quotes while reading this eye-opening book.
Here are some of them:
- ‘Reality forever eludes us. Infinity mocks our puny efforts to imprison it in definition and dogma. Our most splendid realizations are only adumbrations of the Light. In his endeavors, man is but a mollusk seeking to encompass the ocean.’
- ‘Man may not cease his struggle to find God. There is a yearning in his soul that will not let him rest, an urge that compels him to attempt the impossible, to attain the unattainable. He lifts feeble hands to grasp and despite a million years of failure and millenniums of disappointment, the soul of man springs heavenward with even greater avidity than when the race was young.’
- ‘Wisdom drapes her truth with symbolism, and covers her insight with allegory.’
- ‘Freemasonry, though not a religion, is essentially religious. Most of its legend and allegories are of a sacred nature; much of it is woven into the structure of Christianity.’
- ‘Science and technology are two ends of a single truth, but the world will never receive the full benefit of their investigations until they have made peace with each other, and labor hand in hand for the accomplishment of the great work – the liberation of spirit and intelligence from the three-dimensional prison-house of ignorance, superstition, and fear.’
- ‘We have no right to ask for wisdom. In whose name do we beg for understanding? By what authority do we demand happiness? None of these things is the birthright of any creature yet all may have them, if they will cultivate within themselves the thing that they desire.’
- ‘The world is a school. We are here to learn, and our presence here proves our need of instruction. Every living creature here proves our need of instruction. Every living creature is struggling to break the strangling bonds of limitation – that pressing narrowness which inhabits vision and leaves the life without an ideal. Every soul is engaged in great work – the labor of personal liberation from the state of ignorance.’
- ‘Life is the span of time appointed for accomplishment. Every fleeting moment is an opportunity, and those who are great are the ones who have recognized life as the opportunity for all things.’
- ‘It is more than a faith, it is a path of certainty. It is more than a belief; it is a fact. Masonry is a university teaching the liberal arts and sciences of the soul to all who will attend to its words.’
- ‘A Mason is a builder of the temple of character. He is the architect of a sublime mystery – the gleaming, glowing, temple of his own soul. He realizes that he bests serves God when he joins with the Great Architect in building more noble structures in the universe below.’
- ‘In freemasonry is concealed the mystery of creation, the answer to the problem of existence, and the path the student must tread in order to join those who are really the living powers behind the thrones of modern national and international affairs.’
- ‘When man’s thoughts rise upon the wings of aspiration, when he pushes back the darkness with the strength of reason and logic, then indeed the builder is liberated from his dungeon and the light pours in, bathing him with life and power.’
- ‘The path of human life is governed as all things are by the laws of analogy, and as at birth we start our pilgrimage through youth, manhood, and old age, so the spiritual consciousness of man in his cosmic path of unfoldment passes from unconsciousness to perfect consciousness in the Grand Lodge of the universe.’
- ‘Few realize that since the universe is made up of individuals in various stages of development, responsibility is consequently individual, and everything which man wishes to gain he must himself build and maintain.’
- ‘God is glorifying himself through the individualized portions of himself, and is slowly teaching these individualized portions to understand and glorify the whole.’
- ‘Incessant vigilance over thought, action, and desire is indispensable to those who wish to make progress in the unfolding of their own being.’
- ‘It is worse by far to know and not to do than to never have known at all.’
- ‘The Freemason believes in the Great Architect/God, the living keystone of creation’s plan, the master of all lodges, without whose spirit there is no work.’
- ‘Those who allow appearance or worldly expressions to deter them from their self-appointed tasks are failures in Masonry, for Masonry is an abstract science of spiritual unfoldment. Material prosperity is not the measure of soul growth. The true Mason realizes that behind these diverse forms there is one connected Life Principle, the Spark of God in all living things.’
- ‘Man is god in the making, and as in the mystics myths of Egypt, on the potter’s wheel he is being molded.’
- ‘What nobler thing can be accomplished than the illumination of ignorance.’
- ‘The true Master Mason recognizes the value of seeking for truth wherever he can find it. It makes no difference if it be in the enemy’s camp; if it be truth, he will go there gladly to secure it.’
Top 22 More Insightful Truths You Must Know Right Now – Part 4
This article is a sequel to the Top 30 Insightful Truths You Must Know Right Now
- The media is our enemy.
- You can hate life but still fear death.
- Forgive others because you deserve inner peace.
- It’s easy to invoke fear in a society that doesn’t believe in the Creator.
- It’s easier to invoke fear in a society that believes that the physical world is all that exists.
- Forgive those that hurt you, but don’t forget what they taught you.
- Anyone who thinks his religion is the true religion is arrogant and foolish.
- Many historical figures, for instance, Isaac Newton and Adolf Hitler, were obsessed with finding ancient hidden knowledge, which is also known as the Prisca Sapientia.
- All theories of the solar system are flawed. No one knows the real position of the sun, earth, and other celestial bodies. Everybody relies on assumptions, and for this reason, the theories are always changing.
- If scientists know how the earth was made, why can’t they make one?
- When you receive an idea from the universe note it down before it leaves your mind.
- The universe is mysterious and magical: history is filled with stories of men that strived to understand it without succeeding.
- Your inner reality creates your outer reality. In other words, your thoughts, belief systems, virtues, vices, and the knowledge you possess create your experiences.
- Sound creates courage and fear at the same time. Animals and humans use sound to create courage in their allies but to create fear in their enemies.
- Life’s primary aim is survival.
- The high level of drug use today proves man’s desire for a higher state of consciousness.
- It’s easier to work hard on something if you are obsessed with it.
- Man is the only creature that can reason, man is the only creature that can realize that the creator exists, man can tame elephants, lions, and dragons, man is a mini-God. Man was created in the image and likeness of God.
- The universe is always leading us towards mastery. It wants us to master our egos, emotions, feelings, and thoughts so that we have an amazing life before we die.
- Treasure your physical body; you’ll not have it forever.
- Every experience that comes in your life either leads to death or provides you with an opportunity to grow.
- Thoughts are things. They can create dreams, and they can affect our bodies.
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
QUOTES2 years ago
Top 11 Enlightening Quotes From the Most Mind-Opening book:Sapiens – The History of Mankind.
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts