Recently, I realized that the best way to live a happier and more peaceful life is by practicing to place your attention on the present moment. It’s difficult to focus on the present moment because the modern world has conditioned your mind to constantly think about the past and the future. However, if you manage to regularly focus all your attention on the present moment, you’ll be untouchable because of the following reasons.
- You’ll Live a Stress-Free Life
When you continuously lose yourself in the present moment you’ll be stress-free. You’ll worry about nothing since most of your worries exist in the future. You’ll stop being concerned with what might or might not happen, and you’ll mostly focus on how you can use the present moment to make things work in your favor. Besides this, you’ll be less stressed because you’ll stop reviewing stressful events that occurred in the past.
- You’ll Make Good Decisions
Focusing on the present moment clears your mind by eliminating stress hence enabling you to make good decisions. Besides this, being in the present moment enables you to make the right decisions because you’ll see things clearly.
However, there’s a high chance of making poor decisions if you are so focused on the past or the future because you’ll make decisions based on a reality that doesn’t exist. The only reality that exists is the present moment, and therefore, making decisions based on a true reality ensures that you make the right decisions.
- You’ll be More Connected to The Infinite Intelligence
Being present most of the time enables you to connect with Infinite Intelligence/God/The Creator because this intelligence lives in the present moment. The Creator has never lived in the past or the future. The past and the future only exist in your mind.
Anyway, you’ll receive guidance when you establish this connection with Infinite Intelligence, and you’ll also gain access to all the information you need to fulfill your destiny.
- You’ll Awaken Your Intuition
Intuition is the ability to know what you are supposed to do without reasoning. Or as Mateo Sol puts it, “it’s a voice of wisdom that arises within your being, that is your potential, your inner guide.”
According to Penney Peirce, a gifted intuitive counselor, you awaken your intuition when you regularly focus your attention on the present moment. Penny Pierce believes that being in the present moment enables your body, mind, and spirit to merge into one hence awakening your intuitive abilities.
- All Opportunities exist in the Present Moment
Opportunities often present themselves to us every day, but we can’t see them because our minds are either in the past or future. For us to see these opportunities, we must be in the present moment because the mind is alert to everything that happens when our attention is in the now.
Living in the present is extremely beneficial because it provides you with the above advantages, and many others that you can mention in the comment box below. However, as usual, any skill that gives you several advantages in life is difficult to master, and for this reason, living in the moment is also difficult. The good thing is that with discipline and persistence, you can master anything, and therefore, you can also master the art of living in the moment.
You are welcome to join my facebook group for more insightful ideas and quotes.
Why Our Prayers Are Ineffective
Recently, I discovered that most people’s prayers are ineffective. I thus meditated on prayer, studied what many great thinkers wrote about prayer, and discovered the reasons why our prayers are ineffective.
Firstly, I realized that our prayers are ineffective because our minds are never silent. Many spiritual teachers believe the Creator usually talks to us after we pray, but we never hear the message because we are always thinking about our problems, the future, the past, and so on. We can only hear the Creator’s message regarding our prayers when we silence our minds. For as Rumi said, ‘the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.’
Secondly, it dawned on me that our prayers are ineffective because our emotions and thoughts seldom align with what we pray for. For instance, we sometimes think deeply about our inability to become prosperous after praying for prosperity. Or, we sometimes continue worrying about the future despite praying to God to bless it.
The thoughts and emotions we embrace after prayer matter because we often attract what we deeply think and feel. Therefore, it’s difficult for our prayers to be answered if our thoughts and feelings align with what we don’t want.
Thirdly, our prayers are ineffective because we make decisions and take actions that don’t align with what we’ve prayed for. For instance, after praying for riches, most of us embrace laziness and make decisions that lead to poverty. As well, we avoid taking risks, and we fear taking the path that leads to riches despite fasting and praying hard for riches.
Fourthly, our prayers are ineffective because we are never alert for answers. After praying for something, most of us either forget about the prayer or focus on why the prayer is not getting answered. From my research on prayer, I learned that spiritual masters are usually alert for answers after praying. They constantly analyze their experiences since they believe they’ll find the answers to their prayers in their experiences.
In conclusion, although I believe action is bigger than prayer, I also believe prayers are effective because the Creator is a conscious being that can hear and answer our prayers. Moreover, the fact that many ancient cultures believed in prayer – despite living far away from each other – makes me believe that prayer works. Therefore, I think most of our prayers are ineffective because we haven’t mastered the art of prayer.
Anyway, I believe these are not the only reasons for ineffective prayers. You are thus free to provide more reasons in the comment box below.
You are welcome to join my facebook group, the unbounded wisdom community, for insightful quotes and ideas.
20 Powerful Spiritual Truths You Must Know Right Now
After reading several spiritual books and meditating every day, I realized the following truths, which I believe everyone must know.
- What you do unto others shall be done unto you.
- You exist within the Creator. Therefore, your blessings and opportunities are infinite.
- If Jesus came today, none of us would have believed that he was the Son of God.
- You’ll experience a spiritual awakening once you realize the true history of man.
- Many spiritual beings exist among us, and we’ll only see them when we raise our states of consciousness.
- Once you know the esoteric knowledge the Illuminati possesses, you’ll never be the same again.
- Myths have hidden spiritual truths in them. Therefore, don’t ignore them completely.
- No one, including those who wrote the Bible, knows how God created the world.
- Always study nature because the principles of the Creator are written in nature.
- The most important spiritual knowledge is found in banned biblical books and secret societies.
- Everyone has magical powers; the problem is that nobody bothers to awaken them.
- We are controlled by the Illuminati because we are led by our egos. It could be impossible for them to control us if we lived as our higher-selves.
- Immortal kings or Gods once ruled the earth.
- The more you fight the ego, the more it grows. The only way to overcome the ego is to practice living as your higher-self.
- If you focus on material things and ignore spiritual development, you’ll never be fulfilled.
- Only those who avoid competing with others can live in harmony with others.
- The search for God is madness for God exists within the seeker.
- Your true self, which is creative, clairvoyant, and magical, will never arise if you attach yourself to the ego/false self.
- Once you stop comparing your present moment with memories, you’ll see the blessings within every moment.
- ‘You’ll never lack anything if you study the laws that govern the universe and live by them.
You are welcome to my facebook group: unbounded wisdom community, for insightful quotes and ideas.
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
SUCCESS2 years ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich