After reading many personal development books, I realized that most of them place great emphasis on positive thinking. The authors usually advise us to think positively so that we attract good things. However, some people doubt whether positive thinking attracts positive circumstances because life seldom happens in accordance with our thoughts.
After trying out positive thinking, I realized that no matter how positive you think, life will always bring you challenges and misfortunes. For this reason, positive thinking doesn’t prevent bad things from happening. However, I learned that positive thinking enables you to attain inner peace regardless of what is happening, and it also makes you have a positive perception towards problems.
Reality is a matter of perception. A negative thinker hates the fact that a rose flower has thorns while a positive thinker loves the fact that a plant full of thorns has roses. A negative thinker succumbs to intense anxiety and depression when he faces a problem, but a positive thinker sees an obstacle as an opportunity to grow and develop some skills. Besides this, a positive thinker never gives up because he knows that things will work out for the best.
That being said, be positive, but realize that positive thinking won’t force life to bring you good circumstances. Just like prayer, it only enables you to have faith and hope. It makes you believe that good things will happen and gives you the confidence to follow your dreams.
For this reason, don’t only think positively and expect life to bring you unlimited opportunities. Instead, think positively, work hard, and wait.
N/B – For further discussions, I encourage you to air your ideas in the comment box, and also follow me on twitter and Facebook. Twitter username – Isaac Wechuli. Facebook Username – Wechul Isaac
Facebook Group – Unbounded Wisdom Community
Also, if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it on social media platforms, i.e facebook, instagram, or twitter.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE
24 Badass Quotes From Jen Sincero’s Book: You Are A Badass
I just finished reading ‘You Are A Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living An Awesome Life’ by Jen Sincero, and I feel unbeatable. I also feel inspired, and I believe that I can get whatever I want if I go after it. The book has encouraged me to have faith, practice gratitude and fearlessly go after my dreams.
While reading it, I noted down powerful quotes so that I remember Jen Sincero’s teachings.
Here are they:
- ‘If you wanna stay stuck in the same place and keep getting spanked with the same lessons over and over, be negative, resentful, and victimized.’
- You cut yourself off from the supply of awesomeness when you are not in a state of gratitude.’
- ‘If you want to get over your issues and rock your life, be grateful, look for the good and learn.’
- ‘The moment you have the audacity to start believing in the not-yet-seen, your reality will begin to shift.’
- ‘When we share what we were brought here to give, we are in alignment with our highest, most powerful selves.’
- ‘Faith is the muscle you use when you decide to blast outside of your comfort zone and transform your life into something that’s practically unrecognizable to you in your present reality. Faith smothers your fear of the unknown. Faith allows you to take risks. Faith is the stuff of ‘leap and the net will appear.’
- ‘If you focus on the negative aspects of the more challenging things in your life, it will just lower your frequency, keep you in pain and resentment, attract more negativity to you, very possibly make you sick, and very definitely make you crabby.’
- ‘Love yourself, and the bluebirds of happiness will be your permanent backup singers.’
- ‘Your job isn’t to know the how, it’s to know the what, and to be open to discovering, and receiving, the how.’
- ‘You’re on a journey with no defined beginning, middle or end. There are no wrong twists and turns. There is just being. And your job is to be as you as you can be.’
- ‘Nobody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone. They risked ridicule and failure and sometimes even death. Think of the Wright brothers. Can you imagine how that whole thing went down?’
- ‘Comparison is the fastest way to take all the fun out of life.’
- ‘If you’re to get anywhere near reaching your full potential in this life as a writer, artist, business person, parent, baker, or a fully realized human being in general: DO NOT WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME GIVING ONE SINGLE CARE ABOUT WHAT ANYBODY ELSE THINKS OF YOU.’
- ‘When we’re happy and all in love with ourselves, we can’t be bothered with the bullshit (our own or other people’s).’
- ‘Wanting can be done sitting on the couch with a bong in your hand and a travel magazine on your lap. Deciding means jumping in all the way, doing whatever it takes, and going after your dreams with the tenacity of a dateless cheerleader a week before prom night.’
- ‘Your true-self lives in the present (not stuck in your head), totally believes in miracles and is one with the universe.’
- ‘It’s not your fault that you’re fucked up. It’s your fault if you stay fucked up.’
- ‘We are very powerful creatures who create our realities through focused energy, and should our subconscious mind decide to focus that energy at stopping ourselves from taking a risk because it’s freaking out and terrified, things can a little crazy around here.’
- ‘All of us are connected to this limitless power, and most of us aren’t using but a fraction of it.’
- ‘When I’m connected with Source Energy and in the flow, I am so much more powerful, so much more in tune to my physical world and the world beyond, and just so much happier in general. And the more I meditate and the more attention I give to this relationship with my invisible superpower, the more effortlessly I can manifest the things I want into my life, and do it with such specificity and at such a rapid rate that it makes my hair stand up. It’s like I’ve finally figured out how to make my magic wand work.’
- ‘Focus on what makes you feel good, and ye shall find that which makes you feel good.’
- ‘In order to truly raise your vibration, you’ve got to believe that everything you want is available to you. And the best way to keep this belief strong is by staying connected to Source Energy.’
- ‘Unless your energy is lined up properly with that which you desire, really desire, any action you take is going to require way more effort to get you where you want to go, If it gets you there at all.’
- If you want to radically change your life, strengthen your faith that we live in an abundant, benevolent universe by being grateful for everything you’ve already manifested and all the good that’s hurtling toward you. Be grateful that you have the power to manifest any reality you desire and then leap into the void and get it.’
Which of the above badass quotes touched you the most?
You are welcome to join my facebook community, The Unbounded Wisdom Community for insightful quotes and ideas.
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
Life is like your slave. It always paves the way for what you mostly think about. For instance, if you think about stealing, you will always find yourself in many situations that provide you with stealing opportunities. If you think about buying a car, you will always find yourself in situations where people are talking about cars, and if you constantly think about success and how you will achieve it, life will bring you people who want to achieve success.
Therefore, if you think life is hard and unfair, it will be unfair and hard for you. On the other hand, if you think life is good and fair, life will be good and fair to you.
The universe is governed by certain laws, and the law of attraction is one of them. According to the law of attraction, our thoughts have magnetic forces that attract what we mostly think about. Therefore, thinking higher thoughts ensures that we attract joy, love, goodness, and excellence in our life. Besides this, such thoughts make us peaceful with whatever life offers us because they make us understand that whatever life brings to us is good, blessed, and has a purpose which is also good.
Even Paul, The Christian Teacher, understood the importance of thinking higher thoughts. In Philippians 4: 8 – 9, he wrote, ‘Finally Brothers, whatever things that are true, whatever things that are honest, whatever things that are just, pure, lovely, and of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think about these things. The things you have learned, received, heard and seen. Practice these things, and the peace of God will be with you.’
Life is a matter of perception, and what you focus on will expand. Focus on the light, and darkness will disappear. When hardships hit you, think of higher things. Remember that you live in God’s universe. Remember that you live in a universe created in love, goodness, and grace. Think higher thoughts. Remember the times your prayers were answered, remember God’s goodness and faithfulness, and the hardship will melt away like ice on a hot pan.
Think higher thoughts: realize that you are an amazing creature created by a Higher Power for a Higher Purpose.
N/B – Feel free to disagree or air more ideas about the topic in the comment box.
You are also welcome to join the Unbounded Wisdom Community on Facebook.
Facebook User Name – Wechul Isaac
Lastly, DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE
SUCCESS9 months ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
QUOTES7 months ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
IDEAS9 months ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
GENERAL ADVICE8 months ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
SUCCESS6 months ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
Motivation9 months ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
SUCCESS3 months ago
6 Types of People Who Progress Faster
HIDDEN TRUTHS8 months ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
IDEAS9 months ago
Why You Must Never Share Big Ideas with Small Minded People
IDEAS7 months ago
Top 4 Startling Reasons Why Talented Individuals Fail