Alan Watts was a famous philosopher and speaker who loved teaching Eastern philosophy. He made Eastern philosophy comprehensible and thus managed to attract a huge following.
I managed to gather some of his mind-opening quotes that will give you a glimpse of his teachings.
- ‘If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you will spend your life completely wasting your time. You will be doing things you don’t like doing.’
- ‘The only way to handle danger is to face it.’
- ‘The way to become one with the universe is to trust it.’
- ‘Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way.’
- ‘The real you is not a puppet which life pushes around, the real deep down you, is the whole universe.’
- One of the most interesting transformation of being directly and honestly selfish, is that you stop deceiving people.’
- ‘To live I must have faith, I must trust myself to the totally unknown.’
- ‘The consequences of fake love are almost invariably destructive because they build up resentment on the part of the person who does the fake loving as well as on the part of those who are its recipients.’
- ‘You can only know God through an open mind.’
- ‘If you go off into the far, far forest and get quiet, you’ll come to understand that you are connected to everything.’
- ‘We are headed straight for death as if we have been condemned by a judge and yet here we are all clinging on to things.’
- ‘But you will cease to feel isolated when you recognize, for example, that you do not have a sensation of the sky; you are that sensation.’
- ‘This is the real secret of life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize its play.’
Hope you enjoyed Alan Watt’s quotes.
QUOTES3 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS3 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
Book Review3 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
GENERAL ADVICE3 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
QUOTES2 years ago
Top 11 Enlightening Quotes From the Most Mind-Opening book:Sapiens – The History of Mankind.
HIDDEN TRUTHS3 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
QUOTES1 year ago
21 Life Changing Marisa Peer Quotes
Motivation3 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts