Alan Watts was a famous philosopher and speaker who loved teaching Eastern philosophy. He made Eastern philosophy comprehensible and thus managed to attract a huge following.
I managed to gather some of his mind-opening quotes that will give you a glimpse of his teachings.
- ‘If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you will spend your life completely wasting your time. You will be doing things you don’t like doing.’
- ‘The only way to handle danger is to face it.’
- ‘The way to become one with the universe is to trust it.’
- ‘Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way.’
- ‘The real you is not a puppet which life pushes around, the real deep down you, is the whole universe.’
- One of the most interesting transformation of being directly and honestly selfish, is that you stop deceiving people.’
- ‘To live I must have faith, I must trust myself to the totally unknown.’
- ‘The consequences of fake love are almost invariably destructive because they build up resentment on the part of the person who does the fake loving as well as on the part of those who are its recipients.’
- ‘You can only know God through an open mind.’
- ‘If you go off into the far, far forest and get quiet, you’ll come to understand that you are connected to everything.’
- ‘We are headed straight for death as if we have been condemned by a judge and yet here we are all clinging on to things.’
- ‘But you will cease to feel isolated when you recognize, for example, that you do not have a sensation of the sky; you are that sensation.’
- ‘This is the real secret of life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize its play.’
Hope you enjoyed Alan Watt’s quotes.
Top 30 Insightful Truths You Must Know Right Now
In 2019, I shared over 70 harsh truths of life in two blog posts. Today, I’ll share 30 insightful truths I realized after thinking deeply about life.
- Stop labeling things and you’ll realize that everything is a miracle.
- The attachment to material things disappears when you stop seeking happiness in these things.
- Mostly, failed expectations are the main source of stress.
- The future is a form of memory because we use memory to imagine the future.
- There is no past or future because past and future exist in the mind. The present moment is all that will ever be.
- You can think about the past and the future, but you’ll never get out of the present moment.
- We condemn each other because we avoid studying ourselves.
- You’ll easily attain inner peace when you stop judging your thoughts.
- Every creature lives in its illusion. Man is the only animal that can see past the illusion.
- Beauty is spiritual: only man and God can recognize it.
- Man is special; he is the only creature that can rise to godliness through virtue
- You fear challenges because you dwell in the egoic state of consciousness
- You can’t destroy your ego, but you can rise above it.
- Check your thoughts and you’ll realize that a large percentage of them are negative.
- Worry occurs when you overanalyze the negative side of a situation.
- Every day, we have two great choices; we can move towards growth or step back into safety.
- Ignore the naysayers, they will always project their fears on you and eventually make you a negative thinker.
- Life only gets better when you get better.
- Prayer changes an event by enabling you to tune into your spiritual power. The spiritual power then changes things according to your desire. Remember, the spiritual is superior to the physical since it created it.
- Man is the only creature that refuses to accept life the way it is, and for this reason, he is the only creature that thinks life is suffering.
- We all want success but we avoid doing what it takes to be successful.
- Every creature is in tune with life. Man is the only creature that can choose whether to be in tune or not.
- Every creature uses its gift correctly. Man is the only creature that misuses his gifts.
- The world is an amazing magical place that we seldom bother exploring since we are focused on acquiring wealth and maintaining our ego.
- Constant worry and fear appear when you live in an illusion or when you live out of tune with life.
- Gratitude only arises when you realize that everything is a gift.
- Nothing can prevent an intelligent, all-powerful spirit that is obsessed with our survival (GOD) from answering our prayers.
- The most valuable things in life are free.
- Don’t share big plans with many people, most of them will discourage you.
- You only become wise when you accept that you don’t know anything.
You are welcome to add more insightful truths in the comment box below.
17 Most Empowering Eminem Lyrics of All Time
Eminem is my favorite rapper. I love most of his songs because they are emotional and I relate to them. Besides, I love the way he uses rap to encourage his fans to work hard, exploit opportunities, and cope with hard times. For this reason, I usually note down some of his powerful lyrics, which I love reading when taking a risk, stressed, or when I need motivation.
Two years ago, I shared the success lessons I learned from this rapper. Today, I’ll share some of his powerful lyrics.
- ‘When I say I’ma do something, I do it, I don’t give a damn what you think, I’m doing this for me.’ – Not Afraid
- ‘Until the roof, comes off, until my legs give out from underneath me. I will not fall, I will stand tall.’ – Till I Collapse
- That’s why we seize the moment, try to freeze it and own it. Squeeze it and hold it, cause we consider these minutes golden.’ – Sing for the Moment
- ‘Cause sometimes you just feel tired, feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up, but you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face.’ – Till I Collapse
- ‘I’ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly, and all those who look down on me, I’m tearing down your balcony.’ – Not Afraid
- ‘The passion in the flame is ignited, you can’t put it out once we light it.’ – Forever
- ‘You’re so familiarized with what having to swallow this pill is like, it happens all the time, they take your heart and steal your life. And it’s as though you feel you’ve died, cause you’ve been killed inside. But yet you’re still alive, which means you will survive.’ – Beautiful Pain
- ‘You’ll never slow the momentum at any moment, I’m about to blow.’ – No Love
- I’m a soldier. These shoulders hold up so much. They won’t budge. I’ll never fall or fold up.’ – Soldier
- I’m a soldier. Even if my collarbones crush or crumble. I’ll never slip or stumble.’ – Soldier
- ‘The moment, you own it, you better never let it go. You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.’ – Lose Yourself
- I’ve been chewed up, and spit out, and booed off stage, but I kept rhyming and stepped right in the next cypher/competition.’ – Lose Yourself
- ‘Success is my only motherf*?king option, failure’s not.’ – Lose Yourself
- Throw the match, set the past ablaze.’ – Beautiful Pain
- ‘Life is too short and I got no time to sit around just wasting it.’ – That’s All She Wrote
- ‘Fighters keep fighting, put your lighters up point them skyward up.’ – Lighters
- ‘From now on I’m refusing to ever give up. The only thing I ever gave up is using more excuses.’ – Lighters
You can add more empowering Eminem lyrics in the comment box below.
Facebook group for insightful quotes and ideas – unbounded wisdom community
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
SUCCESS2 years ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts