Many people believe that creativity is only reserved for certain individuals, specifically, the genius, or the highly educated. However, anyone can be creative, and every human being interested in boosting his creativity levels must embrace the 4 practices below.
1. Avoid criticising your ideas
Over-criticizing our ideas shuts down our creativity because it makes us think that all our ideas are bad. There is no perfect idea: all ideas have flaws.
Besides this, criticising each and every idea that you come up with is deadly to your creative ability because you will not let your mind freely release the ideas that come to it.
2. Allow yourself to be comfortable with not knowing the right answer.
Socrates – He who thinks he knows, knows not.
For you to become knowledgeable you must always accept the fact that you do not know the right answer to any problem. Believing that you know all solutions to your answers shuts down your creative abilities because the mind assumes there is no problem to solve. However, the act of not knowing makes you more creative because it makes you keep asking yourself questions, and the more you ask yourself questions, the more you increase your chances of having new ideas.
3. Embrace uncertainty
Stability and security are the primary killers of creativity because they make the mind inactive. However, uncertainty is good for creativity because it keeps the mind active as it makes you to constantly think about how you will come to a place of pure certainty.
4. Intense focus
People who focus on their fields always come up with new ideas on how to make their crafts better. For example, musicians always come up with wonderful songs because music is all they ever do. People like Albert Einstein and Darwin invented new ideas about the universe because of their high levels of focus in their fields of study.
Therefore, with this in mind, creativity is not a gift only bestowed to special people. You and I can also be creative if we adopt the above practices.
N/B – For further discussions, I encourage you to air your ideas in the comment box , and also follow me on twitter and Facebook. Twitter username – Isaac Wechuli. Facebook Username – Wechul Isaac
Also, if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it on social media platforms, i.e facebook, instagram, or twitter.
N/B – Photography – @simplykech – 0735891691
Top 24 Deep Truths Every Spiritual Seeker Must Know
In my article, 20 Powerful Spiritual Truths You Must Know Right Now, I discussed amazing spiritual truths that most of you loved. Here, I’ll share with you deep truths that all spiritual seekers must know.
Most of the truths I’ll share here are known by every spiritual seeker, but others are facts only known by seekers who read hard and think deep.
- Envy is a mixture of pessimism, hate, and fear.
- Anyone, including the wicked, can manipulate spiritual powers. This is the reason why ancient secret societies never exposed their secret spiritual knowledge to everybody.
- If you fear ghosts, you are either closed-minded or you don’t know that the divine dwells in you.
- If you stop caring about non-sense, you’ll have more energy to work on spiritual development.
- Life becomes better when you stop trying to control it.
- Your most reliable sources of knowledge are your intuition and reason.
- The body does not know the difference between reality and imagination. It will tremble when you imagine yourself in a frozen forest, and it can sweat when you imagine yourself in a hot desert.
- Words are powerful: they evoke feelings, emotions, and trigger action.
- We came from a powerful, intelligent, and mysterious source.
- A life of service leads to harmony.
- You’ll find inner peace when you stop attaching emotions and feelings to your thoughts.
- We are gods in a lower state of consciousness.
- You are both earthly and godly. Your body makes you one with the earth, and your spirit makes you one with God.
- Many spiritual masters agree that you can feel the presence of the Divine if you choose one virtue and conduct it uncompromisingly.
- Loving everybody unconditionally and being thankful for what you have are silent methods of prayer.
- You easily attain inner peace when you surrender to the flow of life.
- Ghosts exist, I saw one after saying a moon prayer.
- According to the Law of Divine Manifestation, the universe will provide you with everything you need to grow in all aspects of your life.
- According to the Law of Prosperity, you prosper easily and quickly when you hold images, feelings, and emotions that align with beauty, prosperity, and love.
- The universe will only give you more spiritual powers when you effectively use the powers you have.
- Psychedelic drugs induce higher states of consciousness.
- All living things are The Creator expressing itself in different states of consciousness.
- Knowing or thinking about the Creator is not enough; as spiritual seekers, we must strive to feel the Creator’s presence.
- Invoking spirits with an impure heart is dangerous as you might end up invoking evil entities.
Hope you enjoyed the deep truths. If so, you are welcome to my facebook community, unbounded wisdom community for insightful quotes and ideas.
The Truth About Following Your Dreams
Motivational speakers love advising us to follow our dreams. They usually claim that dream chasing is easy since achieving our dreams only requires us to think positively, find what we love, visualize living the life of our dreams, and work hard. As well, they claim dream chasing is fun and adventurous.
I used to believe these ideas. However, I discarded them after chasing my blogging dreams for about two years and realizing that dream chasing is boring as I always force myself to work, and things seldom work out as I expect. Furthermore, I doubted these ideas after a large percentage of my blogger friends gave up on their blogging dream.
I started blogging in 2018 January, and I made friends with many aspiring bloggers. A year later, 98% of these folks gave up on blogging after experiencing the writer’s block and slow-traffic growth.
These folks also gave up because they found the journey boring, tough, and scary, although they believed the idea that dream chasing is fun and adventurous. This is a shocking truth many people realize when chasing their dreams. I was also shocked after realizing that the journey isn’t easy, but I decided to keep working and see what will happen. However, sometimes, I feel like deleting my blog.
As well, I usually become extremely anxious when I think about failing to achieve my blogging dreams despite working hard, and I often ask myself whether I’ll continue working on my blog in case I don’t achieve my blogging dream after ten years.
Chasing my blogging dream has thus enlightened me about the shocking truths of dream chasing. After blogging for a while, I noticed that following dreams doesn’t guarantee success, and I discovered that anxiety and doubt are part of the journey.
Anyway, besides these truths, you’ll realize more sad truths when you start following your dreams. For instance, you’ll discover that several people, including your closest folks, will doubt your ability to achieve your dreams.
Another sad truth you’ll realize is that you’ll have to be your own motivator because most people will encourage you to give up. The people who love you will encourage you to get a safe and secure job, and they’ll tell you that dream chasing is for the extraordinary.
The chances of achieving our dreams increase if we know such facts about dream chasing because we’ll prepare ourselves for them, and we won’t be shocked when we encounter them. However, the chances are slim when we think it’s easy to chase and achieve dreams because we’ll expect the journey to be fun and adventurous, and we’ll quit after realizing its toughness.
In conclusion, never ever follow your dreams if you think dream chasing is easy because you’ll give up, and you’ll end up being depressed. Only follow them when you are ready to endure obstacles, discouragement, and work persistently despite not seeing progress.
I wish you the best.
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
SUCCESS2 years ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts