Tim Cook, a philanthropist and business executive, is the current CEO of Apple: the world’s most popular and successful smartphone brand. Before he became Apple’s CEO in 2011, Tim Cook was Apple’s senior vice president for worldwide operations, and executive vice president.
Tim Cook has launched breakthrough products at Apple, and he increased the company’s value by more than $1 trillion since he became its CEO.
Besides being an entrepreneur, Tim Cook is known for his philanthropic work. He usually donates money to the needy, and he is planning to donate $800 million to charity.
I believe Tim Cook has amazing pearls of wisdom that can help us in our journey to prosperity. Here are some of his amazing pearls of wisdom, which I really enjoy sharing with you.
- ‘In every age, life has a frustrating way of reminding us that we are not the sole authors of our story. We must share credit with a difficult and selfish collaborator called our circumstances.’
- ‘When you work towards something greater than yourself, you find meaning and purpose.’
- ‘Those who meet times of historical challenge with their eyes and hearts open, forever restless and forever striving, are also those who have the greatest impact on the life of others.’
- ‘In a fearful time, call to hope.’
- ‘I spend almost all my time on people, strategy, and execution.’
- ‘For me, the journey was not predictable at all.’
- ‘I don’t think that we’re born with a gut (intuition). I think the gut matures and gets better and better over time. The struggle that most people have is learning to listen to it.’
- ‘I found that even though I am an engineer and an analytical person at heart. The most important decisions I have made had nothing to do with any of that. They were all based on intuition.’
- ‘I am a very optimistic guy, and I always think that there is a solution for everything.’
- ‘I found that my life got bigger when I stopped caring what other people think about me.’
- ‘Stay focused on what really matters.’
- ‘I learned that the greatest challenge of life is knowing when to break with conventional wisdom.’
- ‘No big challenge has ever been solved and no lasting improvement has ever been achieved unless people dare to try something different.’
- ‘Your mentors may leave you prepared but they can’t leave you ready.’
- ‘Fearlessness means taking the first step even if you don’t know where it will take you. It means being driven by a higher purpose rather than by applause.’
- ‘If you step up without fear of failure, if you talk and listen to each other without fear of rejection, if you act with decency and kindness even when no one is looking, even if it seems small or inconsequential, trust me, the rest will fall into place. More importantly, you will able to tackle the big things when they come your way.’
- ‘What you build and what you create define who you are.’
- ‘I like to be reminded of where I came from, and putting myself in modest surroundings helps me do that.’
- ‘We’ve (Apple Inc) never been about selling the most. It’s always about selling the best.’
- ‘I know that if you got out of bed every morning and set your watch by what other people expect or demand, it will drive you crazy.
- ‘When your time comes, and it will, you will never be ready, but you are not supposed to be. Find the hope in the unexpected, find the courage in the challenge, find your vision on the solitary road. Don’t get distracted.’
- ‘We (Apple) find that people want to make great portraits. They want to record the moment of their life that is so important, and we want everybody to be able to do that.’
- ‘You can generally believe that if you do things in the same manner, you are not gonna get a much better result than people have gotten for years, decades, or centuries. You have to come up with a different way of viewing the problem.’
- ‘It’s the basic way we treat one another that will solve so many other problems.’
- ‘We should not expect the government to solve all problems.’
- ‘Your values matter. They are your North Star.’
- ‘If you want to take credit, first, learn to take responsibility.’
- ‘Whatever you do with your life, be a builder.’
- ‘At Apple we believe that work should be more than just about improving your own self. It’s about improving the lives of others as well.’
- ‘Builders are comfortable in the belief that their life’s work will one day be bigger than them.’
- ‘Be different, leave something worthy, and always remember that you can’t take it with you. You are going to have to pass it on.’
- ‘How can I serve humanity? This is life’s biggest and most important question.’
- ‘There will be times when your resolve to serve humanity will be tested, be prepared.’
- ‘As you go forward today, use your minds, hands, and your hearts to build something bigger than yourself.’
- ‘Build a better future than the one you thought was certain.’
- ‘It’s about finding your values and committing to live by them.’
- ‘Steve Jobs convinced me that if we worked hard and made great products, we too could help change the world.’
- ‘Whatever line of work you choose, there will always be cynics and critics on the sidelines tearing people down.’
- ‘Don’t shrink from risk.’
- ‘I think you need to write your own rules.’
Which of the above Tim Cook quotes did you love the most?
Check out:23 Eye-Opening Steve Job Quotes
You are welcome to my Facebook community: Unbounded Wisdom Community, where we share amazing quotes