A few years ago, I had friends in almost every city because I never cared about a person’s character before allowing him/her in my inner circle. But today, I have few friends because I choose friends based on how a person will help me advance in the direction of my dreams.
I made this decision because I realized that friends have a major impact on an individual’s life, and thus keeping friends with certain characteristics might make me go in the wrong direction.
I noticed the types of friends that could drag me down and prevent me from reaching my dreams. I believe I must share them with you.
Here are 6 friends you must let go immediately if you want to follow your dreams.
These types of friends criticize almost everything you do. They criticize your spouse, your clothes, decisions, or lifestyle. They never say anything positive about you because they mostly focus on your flaws.
You must avoid such friends because they’ll make you doubt your abilities and strategies hence making it difficult for you to pursue your dreams. They will also lower your self-esteem, which is a crucial element for dream chasers.
- Purposeless Friends
Purposeless friends don’t have a major goal in life. They perceive their free time as a time to party, gossip, and do many other useless activities. You must avoid purposeless folks at all costs because they will waste your time as they’ll always want you to take part in their purposeless activities when you are free.
- Spendthrift Friends
These types of friends are big spenders, and they are comfortable spending their money recklessly on unnecessary things. They seldom save their money because they love spending to the last penny. Avoid these friends because they’ll make it hard for you to save money and invest in your dreams since they will be happy with you only when you spend like them: they will think you are a miser if you keep saving funds for emergencies or investment purposes.
- Friends Who Love Competing With You
These types of friends always check your progress, and they love outdoing you in everything. However, they become jealous or angry when you outdo them.
These friends will make you want to compete with them hence distracting you from your dreams. They will infect you with the competitive energy which will result in you constantly assessing their progress and losing sight of what you are supposed to do for you to live the life of your dreams.
- Friends Who Love Arguing A lot
I had friends who loved arguing about sports, religion, relationships, and everything under the sun. I entertained them because I also loved arguing. However, I started avoiding them when I realized that arguments are time wasting and useless. They make friends angry at each other to the point of wanting to fight. With this in mind, you must advise your friends to stop arguing or ditch them if they can’t dump this behaviour.
- Friends Your Father Warned You About
My dad used to warn me about my friends but I loved ignoring his precious advice. However, I knew he was right when some of my ‘friends’ did stupid actions in his presence. This phenomenon made me realize that parents always know the people who are truly your friends and those who aren’t. They know the difference between friends who will help you progress and those who won’t.
Therefore, the next time your father warns you about certain friends, try to check if these friends are helping you progress and dump them for good if they are USELESS.
Assess your close friends and check if they are helping you meet your biggest goals. Thank Life if you realize that all your friends are helping you progress quickly towards your ideal life. Treasure such friends and never ever destroy your relationship with them. Ask for forgiveness if you hurt them because they are one of the most precious assets you have on the journey to success. However, if you realize that your friends aren’t adding any value to your life, you must let go of them right now before it’s too late.
Do you agree? feel free to share your ideas in the comment box.
You are welcome to join my email list and facebook community:Unbounded Wisdom Community for discussions, insightful quotes, and ideas.
The Truth About Following Your Dreams
Motivational speakers love advising us to follow our dreams. They usually claim that dream chasing is easy since achieving our dreams only requires us to think positively, find what we love, visualize living the life of our dreams, and work hard. As well, they claim dream chasing is fun and adventurous.
I used to believe these ideas. However, I discarded them after chasing my blogging dreams for about two years and realizing that dream chasing is boring as I always force myself to work, and things seldom work out as I expect. Furthermore, I doubted these ideas after a large percentage of my blogger friends gave up on their blogging dream.
I started blogging in 2018 January, and I made friends with many aspiring bloggers. A year later, 98% of these folks gave up on blogging after experiencing the writer’s block and slow-traffic growth.
These folks mainly gave up because they found the journey boring, tough, and scary, although they believed in the idea that dream chasing is fun and adventurous. This is a shocking truth many people realize when chasing their dreams. I was also shocked after realizing that the journey isn’t easy, but I decided to keep working and see what will happen. However, sometimes, I feel like deleting my blog.
As well, I usually become extremely anxious when I think about failing to achieve my blogging dreams despite working hard, and I often ask myself whether I’ll continue working on my blog in case I don’t achieve my blogging dream after ten years.
Chasing my blogging dream has thus enlightened me about the shocking truths of dream chasing. After blogging for a while, I noticed that following dreams doesn’t guarantee success, and I discovered that anxiety and doubt are part of the journey.
Anyway, besides these truths, you’ll realize more sad truths when you start following your dreams. For instance, you’ll discover that several people, including your closest folks, will doubt your ability to achieve your dreams.
Another sad truth you’ll realize is that you’ll have to be your own motivator because most people will encourage you to give up. The people who love you will encourage you to get a safe and secure job, and they’ll tell you that dream chasing is for the extraordinary.
The chances of achieving our dreams increase if we know such facts about dream chasing because we’ll prepare ourselves for them, and we won’t be shocked when we realize them. However, the chances are slim when we think it’s easy to chase and achieve dreams because we’ll expect the journey to be fun and adventurous, and we’ll quit after realizing its toughness.
In conclusion, never ever follow your dreams if you think dream chasing is easy because you’ll give up, and you’ll end up being depressed. Only follow them when you are ready to endure obstacles, discouragement, and work persistently despite not seeing progress.
I wish you the best.
35 More Harsh Realities You Need to Accept Right Away – Part 2
Last week, I shared the 35 Harsh Realities You Need to Accept Right Now. Today I’ll share more harsh realities you have to accept.’
- ‘Life is hard, but compared to what?’
- ‘You’ll never make a difference if you are not different.’
- ‘You’ll never attain fulfillment if you work at a job you hate.’
- ‘Trusting the Creator eliminates anxiety and worry.
- ‘Happiness comes when you don’t chase it.’
- ‘Be happy when you are alive because you’ll be dead for a long period.’
- ‘You’ll never understand God completely even if you pray, meditate, and study spiritual books every second.’
- ‘Positive emotions and feelings come from within, while negative emotions and feelings come from without.’
- ‘Jealousy prevents happiness and peace of mind because it leads to competition, hatred, and anger,’
- ‘Envy arises when you think someone is happier than you.’
- ‘You only find happiness when you are content with yourself.’
- ‘There is no shortcut to anything worth having.’
- ‘Most of us will never live the life of our dreams because we lack courage.’
- ‘A billion dollars cannot afford what friendship can buy.’
- ‘No matter how much you plan, things can still go wrong.’
- ‘People won’t be impressed if you struggle to impress them.’
- ‘Nothing will change if you think the same thoughts every day.’
- ‘You can’t create a new personal reality if you don’t change your personality.’
- ‘Your content is not interesting if you have few views on your blog or vlog.
- ‘How you make money is more important than how much you make.’
- ‘If you act like everybody else, nothing special will happen to you.’
- ‘When someone betrays you, there is a 99% chance that he will do so again.’
- ‘If you become too generous, people will believe your good deeds are their rights.’
- ‘Stop talking about your problems. Few people care. Most people have many problems to care about.’
- ‘Life has never been and will never be fair.’
- ‘Every opinion has a gram of truth.’
- ‘Nature is the only reliable word of God.’
- ‘Nothing will change in your life if you do nothing and expect God to make the changes.’
- ‘You are one decision away from a totally different life.’
- ‘Never rely on religious leaders to provide you with enlightening spiritual knowledge. They only gain when you are spiritually dumb.’
- ‘You’ll seldom be joyful if your joy depends on what happens around you.’
- ‘Achieving big goals is difficult. These goals require years of persistent hard work and doing many things that you don’t like to do.’
- ‘The surest way to failure is trying to impress everybody.’
- ‘Your past might screw up with the present if you don’t make peace with it.’
- ‘Your life is a reflection of your thoughts, decisions, and actions.
You are welcome to add more harsh realities in the comment box below.
Facebook group – Unbounded Wisdom Community
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
SUCCESS2 years ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.