Photo Source – Khaligraph Jones
Papa Jones a.k.a Khaligraph Jones/The OG is my favorite rapper and also the best East African Rapper. You must be living in a cave if you live in East Africa and you don’t know this guy. He flows like water, and he can fluently rap in both English and Kiswahili.
Rap was dead, but Khaligraph Jones is one of the few rappers in the world who is bringing rap back to life because most rappers are now doing TRAP, or is it CRAP?
Anyway, besides loving his songs, I love how Khaligraph came from nothing to be one of the most successful rappers in Kenya. I have learned a few lessons from him that have inspired me to dream bigger and believe in the impossible.
Here are nine powerful lessons I have learned from Khaligraph Jones’ success story.
- You Can Make Something Out Of Nothing
Khaligraph Jones was a broke ass lad before rising to fame. He worked as a nightclub bouncer, and he lived in one of the poorest regions in Kenya’s capital city. In his songs, he always reveals how life was tough before he became rich and famous, and how people used to ignore him because they believed he won’t amount to anything. However, from being a broke ass guy, he is now one of the richest and highest paid rappers in Kenya. He drives flashy cars, and he recently built a mansion.
His story shows that where you currently are doesn’t really matter because you can move from nowhere to somewhere within a short period if you put in the effort.
- Do Your Thing and Never Ever Care What Other People Say
Besides rapping, Khaligraph is also good at not caring what people say. When he entered the music industry, people mocked him because he had an American accent despite being a Kenyan. People thought his style was fake and they believed his accent would ruin his career because the music industry requires originality.
However, Khaligraph ignored the Naysayers. He still has an American accent, and he doesn’t care what people say about him. Ironically, people now love his American accent after he showed them what he can do.
- Be Generous
Most Kenyan musicians are selfish as they often avoid working with upcoming artists. However, despite being the illest rapper in town, Khaligraph is the most generous rapper in East Africa as he always gives a helping hand to aspiring artists by featuring them in his songs. He has made Kenyans recognize some artists they couldn’t have recognized.
In an interview, Khaligraph revealed that he works with young artists because he realized Kenya has too much potential and also because he needs to bring in other people to showcase their musical talents.
- Work Like Hell
The number of songs Khaligraph Jones has released this year proves that he’s currently the most hardworking rapper in East Africa.
- Put God First
Recently, before performing at The Terminal Music Weekend, Khaligraph revealed that besides discipline and hard work, he is successful because he puts God first. He advised aspiring artists to trust in God and he will make a way for them.
- Don’t Waste Your Energy on Unworthy Competition
When asked why he stopped responding to diss tracks from his greatest rival, Papa Jones revealed that he is now too mature to waste time on beefs. The OG revealed that he is now putting more effort into his work instead of unworthy beefs.
The OG made me realize that we always waste our precious time and energy assessing our competitors’ progress. Little do we know that we’ll make quick progress if we channel this energy into our careers/businesses/projects.
- Don’t be Afraid to Reach Out
We are always advised that the shortest route to success is to reach out to the most successful folks in our industry and ask them for guidance and make them work with us. However, most of us fear doing so because we think these folks will ignore us.
Papa Jones isn’t ‘most of us,’ because while he was still a struggling artist, he reached out to Abbas, a badass Kenyan Rapper and asked if he could work with him. To Jones’ surprise, Abbas agreed to do a track with him without any financial demands. The track helped Jones advance in his career.
Recently, Khaligraph also reached out to YCEE, who is currently a big name in the African music industry, and asked if he could work with him. Surprisingly, YCEE agreed to work with him because he RESPECTS THE OG. Together they released a song named Gwala.
With this in mind, we must reach out to successful folks in our industry because they might agree to work with us.
- Do what you love
When Khaligraph Jones was asked how he kept moving forward after being booed off stage, he revealed that the love of music was what kept him going. He continued working on his skills because he loved rapping.
It is easy to give up working hard if you face obstacles on something you don’t love. However, when you love something, the obstacles don’t matter because you will always want to work no matter what.
9. Never Ever Give Up
During the ‘Testimony 1990’ Listening Party, Jones revealed that when he started recording music, many radio stations refused to play his music, and they told him to try another career. Besides this, he almost succumbed to depression because he felt that nobody was listening to his music despite his hard work. However, despite these challenges, Papa Jones never gave up.
Papa Jones is a great rapper, and I deeply believe he’ll reach great heights if he continues working hard and being generous. Currently, he’s the only rapper I believe will put Kenya on the Global map. I pray for him because if he succeeds, Kenya succeeds. KEEP WORKING BRO – SEE YOU AT THE TOP
RESPECT THE OG: HE HAS DONE WHAT MANY CAN’T DO.
Besides the above lessons, I believe there are many more lessons we can learn from the best rapper in East Africa. You are free to share them in the comment box below.
Feel free to join my Facebook Community The Unbounded Wisdom Community for more success ideas, and quotes.
JOIN MY EMAIL LIST FOR PERSONAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT SUCCESS
16 Sensational Quotes by the Rich and Famous That Prove Hard Work is the Secret to Success
I have written twice, on why hard work is the secret to success because I believe that hard work works. Today, I compiled quotes I noted down from books, songs, interviews, and speeches of some of the world’s famous millionaires to prove that these folks really believe in hard work.
Here are they
- ‘I never cried, never complained, I just worked hard. To get to where I got to in life, it has been hard work.’ – Mayweather, boxer, (Net worth – around $ 700million).
- ‘I represent being sucker-free, being positive, and working hard. I don’t hate on anybody, I’m not a negative individual, and I just wake up and I just try to work the hardest I can work.’ – Puff Daddy, American Rapper & Entrepreneur (Net worth $810 -900 million)
- ‘I just kept at it. I work, work, work, work. I hate lazy people, I hate laziness.’ – Nicki Minaj, Rapper & Singer (Net worth – $ 70 million)
- ‘They always tell me nobody is working hard as you, and even though I laugh it off men, it’s probably true coz when all my friends are out partying I’m just here making music that they party to.’ – Drake, Rapper (Net worth – $120 Million).
- ‘Dreams don’t work unless you do.’ – John C. Maxwell, American Author & Pastor (Net worth – $ 700 million).
- ‘I have brothers like Rick Ross, and Wayne who are working like non-stop. I think we all push each other harder.’ – Drake, Rapper (Net worth – $120 Million).
- ‘I have never viewed myself as particularly talented, where I excel is ridiculous, sickening work ethic. While the other guy is sleeping, I’m working, while the other guy is eating, I’m working. – Will Smith, Actor (Net worth – $250 million)
- ‘Ignore the naysayers, and WORK LIKE HELL.’ – Arnold Schwarzenegger, Actor (Net worth – $ 400 million)
- ‘If you want to win, there is absolutely no way around hard hard work.’ – Arnold Schwarzenegger, Actor (Net worth-$ 400 million).
- ‘Work-hard, and who knows maybe someday you’ll find yourself standing on the stage, or maybe someday somebody will give you an award calling you an innovator.’ – Justin Timberlake, Singer – Songwriter (Net worth – $230 million).
- ‘I had no money to go to college so I had to work three jobs, and I learned a work ethic that I think made me who I am. I am a very hard worker, I am not the smartest kid in class, but just in terms of being clever and having hustle, I think my career proves that I’ll get it done no matter what – Jason Calacanis, Internet Entrepreneur (Net worth – $20 million).
- ‘Work-hard every waking hour if you are starting a company because if somebody else is working 50 hours and you are working 100, you will get twice as much done in the course of the year.’ – Elon Musk (Net worth- $ 20 billion)
- ‘I think there is no secret to success. It’s all about hard work. It’s about going out there and practicing more than your teammates or opponents.’ – Alex Morgan, Footballer ($ Net worth – $3 million ).
- ‘Talent without hard work is nothing.’ – Christiano Ronaldo, Footballer (Net worth – $400 million)
- ’If you think you can make it without working, you are making a mistake. If you are not going to work hard forget about it.’ – Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor (Net worth – $ 400 million).
- You have to work. I work every day and this is why I’m in the top level. It is not by coincidence it’s because I put extra-work outside the field.’ – Christiano Ronaldo, Footballer (Net worth – $400 million)
Which of the above quotes did you like?
Feel free to join my facebook group Unbounded Wisdom Community for more insightful quotes and discussions.
You are free to join my email list for personal discussions and regular updates.
6 Types of People Who Progress Faster
It recently dawned on me that even after working, praying, and believing, the progress towards success is usually super-slow for most of us. However, there are six types of people who seem to get ahead faster. These guys make quick progress, and for this reason, everybody around them believes they will succeed. These guys are ordinary individuals with exceptional characters.
Here are they:
- The Passionate
Passionate individuals progress quickly because they are obsessed with their work. They work all the time without getting tired because they enjoy their work, and don’t perceive it as work. Their work ethic makes them progress quickly because they do more things within a short period.
A passionate person working 16 hours a day is more likely to get ahead faster than an individual working 10 hours day.
- The Strong Willed
Strong-willed people are highly determined folks who will do whatever it takes to succeed. They progress quicker because nothing can stop them on the road to success. Obstacles never slow them down because they will do everything they can to quickly overcome them.
Besides this, they never waste time thinking of past or possible failures because they only focus on achieving their goals. They fully utilize the present moment and do whatever it takes to meet success.
- Highly Self-Disciplined Individuals
Highly self-disciplined individuals progress faster because they work even when they don’t feel like working. Passionate individuals might progress slower because they might stop working when discouraged or when they don’t feel like working. However, self-disciplined individuals, work even when demotivated, and they don’t need huge doses of motivation for them to keep moving forward.
Furthermore, self-disciplined individuals progress quickly because they seldom get distracted. They never allow anything to stop them from getting things done.
- The Risk-Takers
Risk-takers fail a lot. However, they get ahead faster than those who play safe when their risks pay-off. Risk takers also learn to overcome the fear of failure hence resulting in them progressing quickly because they try out many things, and fail forward. Lastly, risk takers learn a lot from taking risks, and they also meet many opportunities that come from risk-taking.
‘Progress always involves risks. You can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first.’ – Frederick Wilcox
- Emotionally Intelligent Individuals
Emotionally intelligent folks progress quicker because they know how to relate to people. Also, people love to do business deals with them because they are supportive and likable. They, therefore, get ahead faster because they can team up with many individuals and work towards a common goal.
- Individuals who focus on one thing
Individuals who focus on one thing progress quicker than those who invest their efforts in many things/projects. Many individuals usually progress slower because they have a plan B which they also work on because they fear that plan A might fail. Little do they know that having a backup plan slows them down because it divides their attention.
If two people want to succeed in music, and one dedicates all his time on music, while the other one only practices music for 5 hours a day, and uses the rest of the day to work on another project that might provide income in case he fails in music, which of the two will progress faster?
People who have backup plans move slower because they focus on failure and they never trust in their dreams/projects, and abilities. They mostly concentrate on things that will help them in case of failure. However, people who die with one plan/project often succeed quicker, because they believe in themselves/their projects, and they give them 100% of their time and effort.
‘There is no reason to have a plan B because it distracts you from plan A.’ – Will Smith
I always wondered why some people progress quicker than others. For this reason, I studied a number of successful people and I realized that passionate, strong-willed, disciplined, risk-taking, emotionally intelligent individuals, and those who focus on one thing often succeed faster than the rest of us. However, there are many more types of people who get ahead faster, and you are free to mention them in the comment box below.
You are welcome to join my facebook group, Unbounded Wisdom Community for discussions, and powerful quotes
JOIN MY EMAIL LIST FOR UPDATES AND PERSONAL DISCUSSIONS
SUCCESS8 months ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
IDEAS8 months ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
QUOTES6 months ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
GENERAL ADVICE7 months ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
SUCCESS2 months ago
6 Types of People Who Progress Faster
Motivation8 months ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
SUCCESS5 months ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
HIDDEN TRUTHS7 months ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
IDEAS6 months ago
Top 4 Startling Reasons Why Talented Individuals Fail
IDEAS8 months ago
Why You Must Never Share Big Ideas with Small Minded People