In his book, Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff, Richard Carlson provides many ways of making your life less stressful and more peaceful. I believe he mainly wrote this book to make us focus on the most important things in life: our happiness and inner peace.
In the book, Richard advises us to overcome negative thoughts, trust our intuition, love other people, and be of service to others. I loved the book dearly, and I learned a lot from it. I also gathered the following nuggets of wisdom from the book.
- “Make peace with imperfection.”
- “Whenever we are attached to having something a certain way, better than it already is, we are almost by definition, engaged in a losing battle.”
- “A wonderful, heartfelt strategy for becoming more peaceful and loving is to practice allowing others the joy of being right – give them the glory. Stop correcting.”
- “Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are – always!”
- “When you are fearful or frantic, you literally immobilize yourself from your greatest potential, not to mention enjoyment.”
- “A powerful technique for becoming more peaceful is to be aware of how quickly your negative and insecure thinking can spiral out of control.”
- “When our attention is in the present moment, we push fear from our minds.”
- “Argue for your limitations, and they’re yours.”
- “When you take time, often, to reflect on the miracle of life – the miracle that you are even able to read this book – the gift of sight, of love, and all the rest, it can help remind you that many of the things that you think as “big stuff” are really just “small stuff” that you are turning into big stuff.”
- “Just for fun, agree with criticism directed toward you (Then watch it go away).”
- “Regardless of who you are or what you do, remember that nothing is more important than your own sense of happiness and inner peace and that of your loved ones.”
- “To a large degree, the measure of our peace of mind is determined by how much we are able to live in the present moment.”
- “The more patient you are, the more accepting you will be of what is, rather than insisting that life be exactly as you would like it to be.”
- “One of the most important questions you can ever ask yourself is “Do I want to be ‘right’ – or do I want to be happy.”
- “One of the nice things about surrendering to the fact that life isn’t fair is that it keeps us from feeling sorry for ourselves by encouraging us to do the very best we can with what we have.”
- “Spend a moment every day thinking of someone to thank.”
- “I can’t think of a single person whom I consider to be inwardly peaceful who doesn’t carve out at least a little quiet time, virtually every day.”
- “Luckily, there is a way to be happy. It involves changing the emphasis of our thinking from what we want to what we have.”
- “Humility and inner peace go hand in hand. The less compelled you are to try to prove yourself to others, the easier it is to feel peaceful inside.”
- “Search for the grain of truth in other opinions.”
- “When you look at life and its many challenges as a test, or series of tests, you begin to see each issue you face as an opportunity to grow, a chance to roll with the punches.”
- “Be grateful when you’re feeling good and graceful when you’re feeling bad.”
- “When you do too many things at once, it’s impossible to be present-moment oriented. Thus, you not only lose out on much of the potential enjoyment of what you are doing, but you also become far less focused and effective.”
- “Your life will always be filled with challenges. It’s best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway.”
- “True happiness comes not when we get rid of all of our problems, but when we change our relationship to them, when we see our problems as a potential source of awakening, opportunities to practice patience, and to learn.”
- “Live this day as if it were your last. It might be!”
- “When we have preconceived ideas about the way life should be, they interfere with our opportunity to enjoy or learn from the present moment.”
- “Think of your problems as potential teachers.”
- “In the Buddhist tradition, difficulties are considered to be so important to a life of growth and peace that a Tibetan prayer actually asks for them. It says, “Grant that I may be given appropriate difficulties and sufferings on this journey so that my heart may be truly awakened and my practice of liberation and universal compassion may be truly fulfilled.”
- “Our disappointment comes about in essentially two ways. When we’re experiencing pleasure we want it to last forever. It never does. Or when we’re experiencing pain, we want it to go away now. It usually doesn’t. Unhappiness is the result of struggling against the natural flow of experience.”
Which of the above quotes from Richard Carlson’s book impacted you the most?
Top 21 Most Inspiring Gabrielle Bernstein Quotes
Gabrielle Bernstein, also known as The Spirit Junkie, is a spiritual life coach and bestselling author. Her teachings are motivational and they focus on miracles, connecting with the Divine, and cultivating self-love.
She has written six empowering books and she founded a social networking website for women. Moreover, she has appeared at TedEX talks and Super Soul Sessions.
Here are 21 of her most inspiring quotes.
- ‘Obstacles are detours in the right direction.’
- ‘When you rely on a power greater than you, that is when you become fierce.’
- ‘When we do what brings us joy, the universe clears the path.’
- ‘When we choose to align our thoughts with the thoughts of love, god, peace, grace, and compassion, that’s when we begin to experience miraculous changes in our lives.’
- ‘Trust that your wounds are exactly as the universe planned. They were divinely placed in your life in the perfect order so that you could show up for them with love and remember the light within.’
- ‘The presence of fear is a sure sign that you are relying on your own strength.’
- ‘The universe is an ever-present energy of love that is within you and around you, guiding you and supporting you.’
- ‘When we align with that presence of God, we are powerful.’
- ‘We are here on a journey of unlearning fear and remembering love.’
- ‘When we ask we will always receive. It’s the law.’
- ‘Release your plans to the universe. Trust and know that there is a solution of the highest good: there is a plan that is far better than yours, and get out of the way.’
- ‘A miracle is a shift in perception.’
- ‘Your success will come when you commit to joy.’
- ‘If you are not sure exactly how you are gonna use your purpose, or what you gonna do with it, just lean towards joy and you’ll be led.’
- ‘When we align with that presence of God, miracles become natural.’
- ‘Let yourself be moved by your desire to be free.’
- ‘Your purpose is to be light. Being the light means living in joy, and bringing joy wherever you go.’
- ‘When we dwell in the energy of joy and happiness, we become a magnet of that which we desire.’
- ‘The biggest and most important element of manifesting is to cultivate the feeling of what it is that you want to experience.’
- ‘When we don’t feel good, we aren’t aligned with God.
- ‘Courage means that you are willing to go into the depths of your wounds knowing that you can come out the other side and shine.’
Hope the quotes inspired you. Anyway, you can find Gabrielle Bernstein on her YouTube channel.
20 Great Quotes by Facebook’s Founder Mark Zuckerberg – (Net worth – $67.5 Billion)
Mark Zuckerberg, mainly known for co-founding Facebook, is one of America’s wealthiest entrepreneurs. He’s famous for becoming the world’s youngest billionaire at age 23.
Mark Zuckerberg is a humble individual who believes he couldn’t have succeeded without his team. For this reason, he believes a good team is essential for success. Besides, he believes in being bold and having a sense of purpose.
Here are some of his great quotes I am happy to share with you.
- ‘Move fast, be bold, and focus on impact.’
- ‘In a world that’s changing so quickly, the biggest risk you can take is not taking any risk.’
- ‘Entrepreneurship is learning as quickly as you can.’
- ‘I really do be believe if you do something good and if you help people out, eventually some portion of that good will come back to you.’
- ‘Nothing is impossible. You just have to keep running through the walls.
- ‘Overnight success happens after you work for a long period of time to build something.’
- ‘Purpose is what creates true happiness.’
- ‘Entrepreneurs that build things that last for a long time keep going because they care fundamentally about the change that they are trying to create in the world.’
- ‘No one starts off knowing everything that they’ll need to build something.’
- ‘Purpose is that feeling that you are a part of something bigger than yourself, that you are needed, and that you have something better ahead to work for.’
- ‘Ideas don’t come out fully formed. They only become clear as you work on them. You just have to get started.’
- ‘Don’t even bother trying to avoid mistakes because you are gonna make tons of mistakes.’
- ‘The main thing that you need to do is just not give up and know what you wanna do.’
- ‘The biggest things that have gotten done in the world tend to be done by people who primarily believe in a mission and are not trying to build a company.’
- ‘To keep our society moving forward, we have a generational challenge – to not only create new jobs, but to create a renewed sense of purpose.’
- ‘We all know we don’t succeed just by having a good idea or working hard. We succeed by being lucky too.’
- ‘I always think that you should start with the problem that you are trying to solve in the world, and not start with deciding that you wanna build a company.
- ‘No one does it alone. You need to build the best team that you can.’
- ‘The way that you achieve the best long term value is by building real value in the world.’
- ‘So many things go wrong when you are starting a company.’
Which of the above Mark Zuckerberg quotes did you like the most? You are free to add more of his quotes in the comment box below.
Do you want to AWAKEN and know what’s HIDDEN from you? Subscribe to get a free copy of my 14 page – book: Awaken from The Deep Sleep
SUCCESS1 year ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
QUOTES1 year ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
GENERAL ADVICE1 year ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
SUCCESS1 year ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
IDEAS1 year ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
SUCCESS1 year ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
Motivation1 year ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
HIDDEN TRUTHS1 year ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
SUCCESS10 months ago
6 Types of People Who Progress Faster
IDEAS1 year ago
Top 4 Startling Reasons Why Talented Individuals Fail