Kobe Bryant (1978 – 2020), an American professional basketball player, is regarded as the most talented and successful basketball player of all time. Kobe had a net worth of $600 million and won five NBA championships. He was revered by great authors, musicians, and sportspeople. American rappers such as Drake claimed to have a close relationship with him.
Besides being a basketball player, Kobe Bryant appeared in several movies and wrote the poem, ‘Dear Basketball,’ which many people loved. He also wrote a book: The Mamba Mentality, and he is remembered for helping young athletes in sports.
I watched Kobe Bryant’s interviews to discover the primary reasons for his success. I then noted down the following amazing quotes.
- ‘You can do whatever you want, but you have to put in the work to get there.’
- ‘I had a purpose. I wanted to be one of the best basketball players to ever play, and anything else that was outside of that lane, I didn’t have time for.’
- ‘You start with where you want your game to be.’
- ‘I had a dream and goals that I want to accomplish. If I didn’t accomplish those goals, I had to ask myself why.’
- ‘The most important thing is to try to inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.’
- ‘Failure doesn’t exist. It’s a figment of your imagination
- ‘It makes sense to get up and start your day early because you can get more work done.’
- ‘If you wake up in the morning and you are dreading going to work, do something else.’
- ‘The key factor for me wasn’t whether or not I was ready; it was the fact that if I wasn’t ready, I was determined to figure out how to get ready.’
- ‘Confidence comes from preparation.’
- ‘The worst possible thing you’ll ever do is to stop and not to learn.’
- ‘Be yourself.’
- ‘Find five minutes of quiet time. Five minutes for you to be mindful and to just sit and find that inner voice and listen to the self.’
- If you have to get up every single morning and remind yourself how hard you need to work, you probably need to choose a different profession.’
- I made a promise to myself that I was going to work hard every single day so that when I do retire, I have no regrets.’
- It’s exciting when you win or lose because whether you win or lose, you’ll find things that you could have done better.’
- ‘If your job is to try to be the best basketball player you can be, you have to practice, and you have to train.’
- ‘The results don’t really matter. Look at how you deal with the inner challenges, the kind of self-negotiation that takes place inside your heads.’
- ‘I don’t play basketball to win or lose. I play basketball to figure things out or to learn something.
- ‘I meditate every day, and I do it in the morning. I think it’s important because it sets me up for the rest of the day.’
- ‘Every day of practice for me was really trying to annihilate everybody that I was playing against.’
- ‘It’s not a matter of pushing beyond your limitations or expectations. It’s really a matter of protecting your dreams and imagination. When you do that, the world seems limitless.’
- ‘The trick is finding what you love to do.’
- I used everything to learn to become a better basketball player.
- Life is a journey of evolution. Every day involves constant improvement and curiosity.
- ‘I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant’
- ‘It’s the consistency of the work. Monday, get better. Tuesday, get better, Wednesday, get better, and you do that over a period of time, not like one month or two months. It’s three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten years. And then you get to where you want to go.’
- ‘Emotions come and go; the most important thing is to accept them all.
- ‘Choose what to do with your emotions and avoid being controlled by them.’
- ‘You start with where you want your game to be, what will make your game most unstoppable or hard to deal with, and now you work backward from there.’
I believe you loved Kobe Bryant’s quotes. You are free to add more of his quotes in the comment box below.
- SUCCESS4 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
- QUOTES3 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
- Book Review3 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
- GENERAL ADVICE3 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
- QUOTES2 years ago
Top 25 Unforgettable Quotes from The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
- GENERAL ADVICE4 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
- QUOTES2 years ago
40 Powerful Quotes from Ego is The Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 30 Favorite Quotes from the Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k – Part 2
- HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
HIV is Man-Made: The Hidden Truth about the Origin of HIV/AIDS
- SUCCESS3 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)