The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho, a Brazilian Author (Net worth – 500 million USD), is an international bestseller. The book has sold more than 160 million copies across the globe.
I always wondered why many successful people, including Will Smith, recommended the book.
Despite the recommendations, I never read the book because I seldom read fiction. I decided to read it when Menna Van Prag, an English Novelist, mentioned it in an interview where she was talking about how people can realize their dreams.
I finished reading the book in two days and I knew why people praised it.
This book is for dreamers, and its main message is that we will achieve our dreams if we go after them. It’s a very inspiring book, and it reinforced my self-confidence.
I felt I must share with you the most remarkable quotes I noted from the book.
- ‘It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.’ – Paulo Coelho
- ‘If God leads the sheep so well, then he can also lead a man.’ – Paulo Coelho
- ‘Intuition is a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life, where histories of all people are connected, and we are able to know everything because it’s all written there.’ – Paulo Coelho
- ‘Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.’ – Paulo Coelho
- ‘When you want something with all your heart, that’s when you are closest to the Soul of the World. It’s always a positive force.’ – Paulo Coelho
- ‘It’s only those who are persistent and willing to study things deeply, who achieve the Master Work.’ – Paulo Coelho
- ‘Live in the moment because if good things are coming they will be a pleasant surprise, and if bad things are, and you know in advance, you will suffer greatly before they even occur.’ – Paulo Coelho
- ‘Listen to your heart. It knows all things, because it came from the Soul of the World, and it will one day return.’ – Paulo Coelho
- ‘It’s true that life is generous to those who pursue their dreams/personal legends.’ – Paulo Coelho
- ‘People need not to fear the unknown if they are capable of achieving what they need and want. We are afraid of losing what we have, whether it’s our life or our possessions and property. But this fear evaporates when we understand that our life stories and the history of the world were written by the same hand.’ – Paulo Coelho
‘Following Your Dream is like learning a foreign language; you will make mistakes but you will get there in the end’-Paulo Coelho