Uell Andersen’s book, ‘The Magic in Your Mind’ is an enlightening and inspiring read. In the book, Andersen encourages us to eradicate the ego and take action that will make us reach great heights.
Here are inspiring quotes from his marvelous book.
- ‘The man with the voice of a bull frog probably will never give a concert at Carnegie Hall, but if he spends the major portion of his life learning to be a singer he will be able to perform quite creditably someday.’
- ‘If you have the courage to take a chance, you will not be abandoned by fate. The universe works on the side of the man who aspires.’
- ‘What we truly are is not a changing thing, but is whole and entire, powerful and serene, limitless and eternal. It springs from the inexhaustible source of life itself.’
- ‘Skills are developed by faith that one possesses the skill already.’
- ‘Put you heart in it. All else will follow. Make up your mind, and you make up the future.’
- ‘Your Secret Self is a giant self, dwarfing into nothingness your surface mind and ego. It’s a self without limits in space and time, anything is possible to it.’
- ‘Heaven attends the man who throws his heart into his work. In his absorption he loses his egoistic sense of self and becomes a clear channel for the energy and creativeness of universal mind.’
- An irresistible force proceeds out of the man who has courage and tenacity in his heart; he cannot be stopped because he is being used by an infinite and omnipotent power.’
- ‘There is hope for the man who aspires; his place among the gods is assured.’
- ‘There dwells within each of us a hallowed light, a hidden self that can relieve our sufferings and frustrations, no matter how painful or enduring. We have only to discover and embrace it, for it to become our true selves and to work its magic in our lives.’
- ‘The mental attitude that never fails is one that is not afraid to fail.’
- ‘Let no obstacle dismay you. It has been put in your path for the purpose of your growth.’
- ‘Everything great is accomplished by men, whose perseverance transcends mere human endurance.’
- Each man contains all possibilities within him because he is a manifestation of an Eternal and Infinite Being.’
- ‘Whatever your aspirations, remember this: the master of that skill is within you. He who already possesses it is greatest of all. Give over the doing of your work to him and get yourself out of the way, and you will find that you are soon performing with consummate knowledge and skill.’
- ‘Let yourself go. Shake off inhibition and fear, and be yourself. Learn to think and act naturally, spontaneously, and harmony and symmetry will enter your life, and you’ll discover your inherent talent.’
- ‘A drop of water persistently applied wears away granite. Tender flowers lift their petals to the sun through solid concrete. Nothing resists persistent effort.’
- ‘You can be anything you want to be if you only trust your imagination. Picture your heart’s desire; never let the picture distort or tarnish; keep it fresh and clear and bright. It will enter your life quietly and unobtrusively.’
- ‘Nothing stands before continued effort and nothing can resist the man who persists in the face of all discouragement.’
- ‘The mental attitude that insures success is one in which the individual turns his work and the results of his work to the Divine without attachment or desire.’
- ‘Wherever you heart leads, you may joyfully follow, with an inner certainty that you are acting in accord with the deepest motivations of life.’
- ‘Look about you and you’ll see that nature chooses her blessed ones by subjecting them to the most severe tests.’
- ‘We exist in order that we may become something more than we are, not through favorable circumstance or auspicious occurrence, but through an inner search of increased awareness.’
You Are Welcome to Join the Unbounded Wisdom Community on Facebook
Embracing Hardships: The Secret to Inner Peace
‘Be like the rock; though the waves keep crashing over, it stands unmoved, and the raging of the sea falls still around it.’ – Marcus Aurelius
In my article, 4 Practical and Unique Ways to Attain Inner Peace, I discussed four factors that enable inner peace. Today, I’ll discuss how embracing hardships is the way to inner peace.
After studying stoicism for a while, I realized that the stoics attained inner peace because they embraced hardships. Unlike most of us, they viewed hardships as a necessary part of life, and therefore, they never feared the possibility of future difficulties.
They believed hardships enabled them to grow stronger, and they argued that great people attained greatness because of the numerous hardships they went through. For instance, Epictetus, one of the famous stoics, wrote, ‘What would become of Hercules, if there had been no lion, hydra, stag or boar, and no criminals to rid the world of? What would he have done in the absence of challenges? What would have been the use of those arms, that physique, and that noble soul, without crisis or conditions to stir into him action?
Earlier, I never tried to embrace the stoics’ attitude towards hardships because I believed hardships only come to unspiritual people. I believed I would never experience hardships if I became virtuous and embraced spiritual exercises such as prayer, meditation, and yoga.
However, after facing several hardships despite embracing spirituality, I realized that hardships are a part of life and they affect everyone, including the righteous. Besides, I noticed that resisting hardships and feeling that I should not encounter them because I embraced spirituality prevented me from attaining inner peace. I then realized that the stoics were right when they said, ‘the best way to attain inner peace is to be ready for hardships and to accept them as part of life and an opportunity for growth.’
When you are ready for hardships, you’ll attain inner peace because you’ll never fear them. As well, when you perceive hardships as an opportunity for growth, you’ll never be depressed when you face them because you’ll strive to gain from them.
To adopt the stoic’s perception of hardships, we must understand that hardships are part of nature because all animals face difficulties. For instance, a baby wildebeest often struggles before it knows how to run, a young male lion often relies on scavenging after older male lions chase it from the pride, and a chick has to break the egg for it to get out of it.
Hardships are, therefore, part of the flow of life, and we have to accept them as long as we are willing to live. Accepting them results in inner peace because we’ll stop worrying when we anticipate hardships, and we’ll never be depressed or stressed when hardships arrive.
PEACE BE WITH YOU
You are welcome to my facebook group: the unbounded wisdom community, for insightful quotes and ideas.
25 Powerful Affirmations to Lift Your Thinking
I used to doubt the effectiveness of affirmations. However, after studying hypnosis for a while, I discovered that affirmations work, particularly when you say them while in a relaxed state of mind. Besides this, I realized that they work because they change our beliefs, which influence our reality.
For this reason, I selected the following affirmations, which I say frequently. I hope you’ll also say them regularly, so that they lift your thinking, change your belief system, and eventually change your reality.
- ‘I know that I am pure Spirit, that I always have been, and that I always will be. There is inside me a place of confidence and quietness and security where all things are known and understood.’ – Wayne Dyer
- ‘I am an excellent creature, a valuable part of the universe in which I exist.’ – Jane Roberts
- ‘My existence enriches all other portions of life, while my own being is enhanced by the rest of creation.’ – Jane Roberts.
- ‘It is good, natural, and safe for me to grow and develop and use my abilities, and by doing so I also enrich all other portions of life.’- Jane Roberts.
- ‘I am eternally couched and supported by the universe of which I am a part.’ – Jane Roberts.
- ‘By nature, I am a good deserving creature, and all of life’s elements and parts are also of good intent.’ – Jane Roberts.
- ‘I have passed through the illusion of matter; I am now conscious that I am Divine.’ – anonymous
- ‘I call upon the law of accumulation. My supply comes from God, and now pours in and piles up, under grace.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘My supply comes from God – I have the magic of the spirit. It can never be depleted. As money goes out, immediately money comes in.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.’ – King David
- ‘I cannot be separated from God the Giver; therefore, I cannot be separated from God the Gift. The Gift is in action.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘The genius within me is released; I now fulfill my destiny.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘The Father (God) and I are one.’ – Jesus Christ
- I trust that everything is working for the highest good, and I am receiving all that I am meant to have.’ – Diana Haymond
- ‘The Lord is my shepherd; I shall never lack.’ – King David
- ‘I expect the unexpected, and my glorious good now comes to pass.’- Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘I am a spiritual being having a human experience.’ – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- ‘The giver of life is ever-present and guides all my steps.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘I feel the fear dripping away; there’s a stillness that nothing transmits, I’m a breeze that grows stronger.’ – iLe
- ‘Every day, I am becoming a better version of myself.’
- ‘I now catch up with my good, for before I called, I was answered.’ – Florence Scovel Shinn
- ‘I am a child and a manifestation of God, and every moment his life, love, wisdom and power flow into and through me.’ – anonymous
- ‘I give my problems to the Great mind of God; I let go of them, confident that the correct answers will return to me when they are needed.’ – Wayne Dyer
- ‘To the great Law of attraction, everything in my life that I need for my work and fulfillment will come to me. It is not necessary that I strain about this. I should only believe. For in the strength of my belief, my faith will make it so.’ – Wayne Dyer
- ‘I am a god, who once believed s/he was man.’ – Isaac Wechuli
N/B – Modern society demands us to perform many activities that might prevent us from saying all the above affirmations regularly. For this reason, you can only choose one or two of them if you have a busy schedule.
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
SUCCESS2 years ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.