‘If a person doesn’t completely forgive someone for a perceived transgression, they cannot fully appreciate or truly enjoy their present life situation. Once they have chosen to hold on these stories, they unconsciously keep the negative charges associated with their painful past alive (Jerry Alan: The Hidden Teachings of Christian Mysticism).’
I’m madly in love with Jerry Alan’s book, The Hidden Teachings of Christian Mysticism (Vol. 1). The book provides many hidden Christian teachings that are never taught in the modern church. It enlightens readers about divine healing, divine energy, the body of light, churchianity, spiritual dimensions, the Apocrypha, and many other intriguing spiritual teachings.
I loved all the book’s teachings; however, I loved the teachings about forgiveness the most since they made me strive to forgive whoever hurt me.
Jerry Alan’s Teachings
According to Jerry, it’s impossible to fully enjoy the present moment if you don’t forgive because failing to forgive results in you holding on to hurtful stories that attract negative thoughts that ‘haunt your heart and mind.’
Moreover, the lack of forgiveness leads to the development of ‘survival-based thought-form patterns’ that eventually develop into suppressed painful memories. These memories grow when you face bad experiences and erupt violently when triggered.
Besides this, the failure to forgive results in negative energy fields that can have various negative effects on you, and you might ‘become embittered and stuck in a chronic grieving angry energetic feedback loop, which is usually very difficult to break free from (Jerry Alan: The Hidden Teachings of Christian Mysticism).’
Discussions & Conclusions
Jerry Alan’s teachings on forgiveness changed my thoughts on forgiveness. In the article, Forgiveness is Overrated; I wrote that it’s okay to not forgive. However, I now know that it’s not okay to not forgive because an unforgiving heart results in negativity and makes peace of mind impossible.
As well, if you don’t forgive, you’ll never stop thinking about the person who hurt you and how he hurt you. You’ll then become vulnerable to hatred, competition, and envy. You’ll drown into egoic consciousness, and it will be hard for you to achieve peak experiences or rise into higher states of consciousness that are necessary for creativity and intuitive intelligence.
For this reason, we must embrace Jerry Alan’s teachings by striving to forgive those who hurt us. We can use forgiving meditation practices to overcome painful memories and embrace forgiveness. By doing so, it will be easier for us to achieve a clear and peaceful state of mind, which usually paves the way to peak experiences or higher states of consciousness.
PEACE BE WITH YOU
You Are Welcome to Join the Unbounded Wisdom Community on Facebook for insightful quotes and ideas.
Why Our Prayers Are Ineffective
Recently, I discovered that most people’s prayers are ineffective. I thus meditated on prayer, studied what many great thinkers wrote about prayer, and discovered the reasons why our prayers are ineffective.
Firstly, I realized that our prayers are ineffective because our minds are never silent. Many spiritual teachers believe the Creator usually talks to us after we pray, but we never hear the message because we are always thinking about our problems, the future, the past, and so on. We can only hear the Creator’s message regarding our prayers when we silence our minds. For as Rumi said, ‘the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.’
Secondly, it dawned on me that our prayers are ineffective because our emotions and thoughts seldom align with what we pray for. For instance, we sometimes think deeply about our inability to become prosperous after praying for prosperity. Or, we sometimes continue worrying about the future despite praying to God to bless it.
The thoughts and emotions we embrace after prayer matter because we often attract what we deeply think and feel. Therefore, it’s difficult for our prayers to be answered if our thoughts and feelings align with what we don’t want.
Thirdly, our prayers are ineffective because we make decisions and take actions that don’t align with what we’ve prayed for. For instance, after praying for riches, most of us embrace laziness and make decisions that lead to poverty. As well, we avoid taking risks, and we fear taking the path that leads to riches despite fasting and praying hard for riches.
Fourthly, our prayers are ineffective because we are never alert for answers. After praying for something, most of us either forget about the prayer or focus on why the prayer is not getting answered. From my research on prayer, I learned that spiritual masters are usually alert for answers after praying. They constantly analyze their experiences since they believe they’ll find the answers to their prayers in their experiences.
In conclusion, although I believe action is bigger than prayer, I also believe prayers are effective because the Creator is a conscious being that can hear and answer our prayers. Moreover, the fact that many ancient cultures believed in prayer – despite living far away from each other – makes me believe that prayer works. Therefore, I think most of our prayers are ineffective because we haven’t mastered the art of prayer.
Anyway, I believe these are not the only reasons for ineffective prayers. You are thus free to provide more reasons in the comment box below.
You are welcome to join my facebook group, the unbounded wisdom community, for insightful quotes and ideas.
20 Powerful Spiritual Truths You Must Know Right Now
After reading several spiritual books and meditating every day, I realized the following truths, which I believe everyone must know.
- What you do unto others shall be done unto you.
- You exist within the Creator. Therefore, your blessings and opportunities are infinite.
- If Jesus came today, none of us would have believed that he was the Son of God.
- You’ll experience a spiritual awakening once you realize the true history of man.
- Many spiritual beings exist among us, and we’ll only see them when we raise our states of consciousness.
- Once you know the esoteric knowledge the Illuminati possesses, you’ll never be the same again.
- Myths have hidden spiritual truths in them. Therefore, don’t ignore them completely.
- No one, including those who wrote the Bible, knows how God created the world.
- Always study nature because the principles of the Creator are written in nature.
- The most important spiritual knowledge is found in banned biblical books and secret societies.
- Everyone has magical powers; the problem is that nobody bothers to awaken them.
- We are controlled by the Illuminati because we are led by our egos. It could be impossible for them to control us if we lived as our higher-selves.
- Immortal kings or Gods once ruled the earth.
- The more you fight the ego, the more it grows. The only way to overcome the ego is to practice living as your higher-self.
- If you focus on material things and ignore spiritual development, you’ll never be fulfilled.
- Only those who avoid competing with others can live in harmony with others.
- The search for God is madness for God exists within the seeker.
- Your true self, which is creative, clairvoyant, and magical, will never arise if you attach yourself to the ego/false self.
- Once you stop comparing your present moment with memories, you’ll see the blessings within every moment.
- ‘You’ll never lack anything if you study the laws that govern the universe and live by them.
You are welcome to my facebook group: unbounded wisdom community, for insightful quotes and ideas.
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
SUCCESS2 years ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich