The modern society makes people focus so much on the future hence leading to high anxiety levels. Jobs, exams, social media, and many other modern factors make us extremely anxious about the future. We worry if we’ll maintain our jobs, pay rent, raise successful kids, or pass the exams. We compare ourselves with our social media ‘friends’ and worry if we’ll ever have a better lifestyle than them in the future.
The avoidance of spiritual practices, such as meditation and prayer, has also increased anxiety levels in the modern era. Many studies reveal that prayer and meditation calm the mind hence preventing us from constantly worrying. For this reason, the avoidance of these practices has resulted in a chaotic mind that continuously worries about anything thus paving the way for chronic anxiety.
Most of us embrace anxiety without knowing its disastrous effects on our physical well-being. Primarily, we are oblivious to the fact that anxiety destroys humanity’s most reliable source of knowledge and scientific discoveries: our intuition.
Intuition is our connection to Infinite Intelligence. Osho, The Indian Godman, defined it as ‘the highest rung of the ladder of consciousness.’ Intuition allows people to know things without reasoning. As Robert Graves, the historical novelist, pointed it out, ‘Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine process of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.’ You can understand everything about the universe if you tap into your intuition.
Intuition mainly awakens when we focus on the present moment because Infinite Intelligence exists in the present moment. Moreover, being present, as Penney Pierce noticed, ‘awakens our intuitive abilities because our spirit, mind, and body become aligned when we are in the present moment.’ For this reason, anxiety destroys intuition because it makes us focus on the future.
Besides this, anxiety destroys intuition because it prevents us from listening to our intuitive voice. Our intuition is always communicating with us, but we can’t hear it since we are usually anxious about a future outcome.
That being said, it’s clear that the more anxious we are, the less intuitive we become. And it’s arguable that ancient folks were highly intuitive because they mainly focused on the present moment. They were less worried about the future because they knew their gods would take care of it.
Conversely, we are concerned about everything that might happen in the future, and for this reason, we have become extremely anxious. The high anxiety levels have destroyed our intuitive abilities and forced us to rely on our intellectual knowledge to navigate through life, hence leading to lives not well-lived.
Welcome my facebook closed group: The Unbounded Wisdom Community for insightful ideas and quotes.
Why Our Prayers Are Ineffective
Recently, I discovered that most people’s prayers are ineffective. I thus meditated on prayer, studied what many great thinkers wrote about prayer, and discovered the reasons why our prayers are ineffective.
Firstly, I realized that our prayers are ineffective because our minds are never silent. Many spiritual teachers believe the Creator usually talks to us after we pray, but we never hear the message because we are always thinking about our problems, the future, the past, and so on. We can only hear the Creator’s message regarding our prayers when we silence our minds. For as Rumi said, ‘the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.’
Secondly, it dawned on me that our prayers are ineffective because our emotions and thoughts seldom align with what we pray for. For instance, we sometimes think deeply about our inability to become prosperous after praying for prosperity. Or, we sometimes continue worrying about the future despite praying to God to bless it.
The thoughts and emotions we embrace after prayer matter because we often attract what we deeply think and feel. Therefore, it’s difficult for our prayers to be answered if our thoughts and feelings align with what we don’t want.
Thirdly, our prayers are ineffective because we make decisions and take actions that don’t align with what we’ve prayed for. For instance, after praying for riches, most of us embrace laziness and make decisions that lead to poverty. As well, we avoid taking risks, and we fear taking the path that leads to riches despite fasting and praying hard for riches.
Fourthly, our prayers are ineffective because we are never alert for answers. After praying for something, most of us either forget about the prayer or focus on why the prayer is not getting answered. From my research on prayer, I learned that spiritual masters are usually alert for answers after praying. They constantly analyze their experiences since they believe they’ll find the answers to their prayers in their experiences.
In conclusion, although I believe action is bigger than prayer, I also believe prayers are effective because the Creator is a conscious being that can hear and answer our prayers. Moreover, the fact that many ancient cultures believed in prayer – despite living far away from each other – makes me believe that prayer works. Therefore, I think most of our prayers are ineffective because we haven’t mastered the art of prayer.
Anyway, I believe these are not the only reasons for ineffective prayers. You are thus free to provide more reasons in the comment box below.
You are welcome to join my facebook group, the unbounded wisdom community, for insightful quotes and ideas.
20 Powerful Spiritual Truths You Must Know Right Now
After reading several spiritual books and meditating every day, I realized the following truths, which I believe everyone must know.
- What you do unto others shall be done unto you.
- You exist within the Creator. Therefore, your blessings and opportunities are infinite.
- If Jesus came today, none of us would have believed that he was the Son of God.
- You’ll experience a spiritual awakening once you realize the true history of man.
- Many spiritual beings exist among us, and we’ll only see them when we raise our states of consciousness.
- Once you know the esoteric knowledge the Illuminati possesses, you’ll never be the same again.
- Myths have hidden spiritual truths in them. Therefore, don’t ignore them completely.
- No one, including those who wrote the Bible, knows how God created the world.
- Always study nature because the principles of the Creator are written in nature.
- The most important spiritual knowledge is found in banned biblical books and secret societies.
- Everyone has magical powers; the problem is that nobody bothers to awaken them.
- We are controlled by the Illuminati because we are led by our egos. It could be impossible for them to control us if we lived as our higher-selves.
- Immortal kings or Gods once ruled the earth.
- The more you fight the ego, the more it grows. The only way to overcome the ego is to practice living as your higher-self.
- If you focus on material things and ignore spiritual development, you’ll never be fulfilled.
- Only those who avoid competing with others can live in harmony with others.
- The search for God is madness for God exists within the seeker.
- Your true self, which is creative, clairvoyant, and magical, will never arise if you attach yourself to the ego/false self.
- Once you stop comparing your present moment with memories, you’ll see the blessings within every moment.
- ‘You’ll never lack anything if you study the laws that govern the universe and live by them.
You are welcome to my facebook group: unbounded wisdom community, for insightful quotes and ideas.
QUOTES2 years ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
SUCCESS2 years ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
GENERAL ADVICE2 years ago
5 Harmful Effects of Competition That Will Make You Quit Competing Right Now
SUCCESS2 years ago
Top 5 Lessons You Can Learn From Eminem’s Success Story – (Net worth – $190 Million)
IDEAS2 years ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
Book Review2 years ago
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Robert Schuller’s Book: Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do.
HIDDEN TRUTHS2 years ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
SUCCESS2 years ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
Motivation2 years ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts