Great achievers always advise us that dreaming big is the first step to greatness. This advice is true because if you analyze the early lives of great people, you will realize that most of them had a big dream.
For instance, Lupita Nyong’o, Dolly Parton, Lil-Wayne, and Anorld Schwarzenegger, dreamt of being famous and having a great impact on the world. Their dreams made them work hard and achieve greatness.
With this in mind, we must dream big if we want to achieve greatness, and we must also know that the universe always provides to us according to our demands. Therefore, if we dream small we will achieve small things, but if we dream big, we will achieve big things.
There is a joke that compares small dreamers to people who go to fetch water from the ocean with a spoon and big dreamers to those who go with a bucket. The Universe/God/Life is like an ocean with endless possibilities, and so it is absurd for us to have small dreams in a place where there is no limit to what we can achieve.
However, despite knowing that dreaming big attracts greatness, we still avoid dreaming big because of the following reasons.
- Failure to Achieve the Dreams/Goals We Set in the Past
Since we were kids, we always set big goals and dreams, but we failed to achieve most of them. For instance, some of us dreamed that we would live lavishly when we reach a certain age, but this dream didn’t come true.
Therefore, we stopped dreaming big because we think that just like our previous dreams, we might fail to achieve today’s dreams.
You failed to achieve the goals you set in the past because you lacked hard work, persistence, perseverance, determination, and faith.
- We Believe that Great Achievers are Extraordinary People
Many people avoid dreaming big because they believe that great achievements are done by extraordinary people. We believe that these individuals are either geniuses or highly talented, and we trust that we cannot achieve big things because we are ordinary folks.
Great achievers were not extra-ordinary individuals. Thomas Edison had a poor memory despite the numerous inventions he made. Thomas’s memory was so poor that he sometimes forgot his name. For this reason, great achievers were just ordinary people who toiled to become extraordinary.
- We Don’t See How We Will Achieve Our Dreams
Another reason why we don’t dream big is that we do not see how we will achieve our dreams. We think that it’s impossible to close the gap between our present and desired circumstances.
Don’t worry about the ‘HOW’. Instead create a strong ‘WHY’ because if the ‘WHY’ is powerful, the ‘HOW’ will be easy.
Besides this, ignore the gap between your dreams and your present circumstances. Take a leap of faith, lose yourself in your dream, and let the universe/God/life do the rest.
Apollo planted, I watered, but God made the plant to Grow – Saint Paul
- Dreaming Big Appears to Be Unrealistic
If you tell people that one day you will meet Barrack Obama, they’ll laugh at you because they will think you are crazy and unrealistic. They will tell you to set realistic expectations/dreams.
Many people prefer setting small realistic goals because they believe that it’s unrealistic to set and achieve big goals/dreams.
Remember, realistic people fear dreaming big because they want to avoid failure at all costs.
Lastly, realize that being unrealistic is the antidote to an average life. It was unrealistic to fly a plane or invent the phone but the Wright Brothers and Antonio Meucci did it.
What other things do you believe prevent people from dreaming big?
Twitter username – Isaac Wechuli.
Facebook Username – Wechul Isaac
Welcome to the Unbounded Wisdom Community on Facebook where we share ideas, and insightful quotes.
N/B – Photography – @simplykech – +254735891691
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE.
23 Most Inspiring Quotes from The Magic in Your Mind by Uell Andersen
Uell Andersen’s book, ‘The Magic in Your Mind’ is an enlightening and inspiring read. In the book, Andersen encourages us to eradicate the ego and take action that will make us reach great heights.
Here are inspiring quotes from his marvelous book.
- ‘The man with the voice of a bull frog probably will never give a concert at Carnegie Hall, but if he spends the major portion of his life learning to be a singer he will be able to perform quite creditably someday.’
- ‘If you have the courage to take a chance, you will not be abandoned by fate. The universe works on the side of the man who aspires.’
- ‘What we truly are is not a changing thing, but is whole and entire, powerful and serene, limitless and eternal. It springs from the inexhaustible source of life itself.’
- ‘Skills are developed by faith that one possesses the skill already.’
- ‘Put you heart in it. All else will follow. Make up your mind, and you make up the future.’
- ‘Your Secret Self is a giant self, dwarfing into nothingness your surface mind and ego. It’s a self without limits in space and time, anything is possible to it.’
- ‘Heaven attends the man who throws his heart into his work. In his absorption he loses his egoistic sense of self and becomes a clear channel for the energy and creativeness of universal mind.’
- An irresistible force proceeds out of the man who has courage and tenacity in his heart; he cannot be stopped because he is being used by an infinite and omnipotent power.’
- ‘There is hope for the man who aspires; his place among the gods is assured.’
- ‘There dwells within each of us a hallowed light, a hidden self that can relieve our sufferings and frustrations, no matter how painful or enduring. We have only to discover and embrace it, for it to become our true selves and to work its magic in our lives.’
- ‘The mental attitude that never fails is one that is not afraid to fail.’
- ‘Let no obstacle dismay you. It has been put in your path for the purpose of your growth.’
- ‘Everything great is accomplished by men, whose perseverance transcends mere human endurance.’
- Each man contains all possibilities within him because he is a manifestation of an Eternal and Infinite Being.’
- ‘Whatever your aspirations, remember this: the master of that skill is within you. He who already possesses it is greatest of all. Give over the doing of your work to him and get yourself out of the way, and you will find that you are soon performing with consummate knowledge and skill.’
- ‘Let yourself go. Shake off inhibition and fear, and be yourself. Learn to think and act naturally, spontaneously, and harmony and symmetry will enter your life, and you’ll discover your inherent talent.’
- ‘A drop of water persistently applied wears away granite. Tender flowers lift their petals to the sun through solid concrete. Nothing resists persistent effort.’
- ‘You can be anything you want to be if you only trust your imagination. Picture your heart’s desire; never let the picture distort or tarnish; keep it fresh and clear and bright. It will enter your life quietly and unobtrusively.’
- ‘Nothing stands before continued effort and nothing can resist the man who persists in the face of all discouragement.’
- ‘The mental attitude that insures success is one in which the individual turns his work and the results of his work to the Divine without attachment or desire.’
- ‘Wherever you heart leads, you may joyfully follow, with an inner certainty that you are acting in accord with the deepest motivations of life.’
- ‘Look about you and you’ll see that nature chooses her blessed ones by subjecting them to the most severe tests.’
- ‘We exist in order that we may become something more than we are, not through favorable circumstance or auspicious occurrence, but through an inner search of increased awareness.’
You Are Welcome to Join the Unbounded Wisdom Community on Facebook
What Nature Teaches Us about Hard Times and Good Times
I am a great fan of wildlife documentaries – especially those produced by Sir David Attenborough– because they teach me a lot about life. For instance, last week as I was watching a documentary about The Great Savannah, I learned something valuable about difficult times and good times.
From the documentary, I discovered that both hard and good times are part of life. However, what I mainly realized was that hard times come to an end, and they are never that hard because there is always something to keep us moving during these times. The Creator never takes everything away during difficult times because he needs our survival since he expresses himself through us.
In the Great Savannah, almost all animals suffer during the dry season because grass dries. Herbivores suffer because they rely on grass: most of them either die or migrate. When the herbivores die or migrate, the carnivores also suffer because their food reduces in great quantities.
Besides grass drying, many waterbodies dry up hence making it difficult for animals to find water. The few sources of water left become dangerous places since all animals including buffaloes, lions, and elephants compete for the little water left.
The good thing is that, in this dry season, there is some food and water – even though little – that enables animals to survive. If the dry season wiped out everything in the Savannah, then all animals could have died. However, the Creator cannot let all animals die because they are his physical expression. For this reason, he ensures that there is a little water and grass left for animals to survive the dry season.
Similarly, we must know that there’s always something to keep us going during hard times. The universe never takes everything away during these times.
Besides this, I realized that when hard times come, they pavé way for the good times. In the Savannah, the dry season causes bushfires to occur. These bushfires burn dead and old grass to pavé the way for the growth of young, greener plants that will feed animals during the wet season.
Nature, therefore, teaches us that difficult times are necessary because they pavé the way for good times. In my life, I observed that hard times usually prepare me for good times because they make me see things differently and inspire me to go after what I truly want.
Anyway, while watching the documentary, I also noticed that the rains usually come when the season is extremely dry. This occurrence teaches us that it’s always darkest before dawn, and for this reason, hitting rock bottom is a sign that the good times are around the corner.
I also discovered that the rainy season brings an excessive supply of food and water to the animals in the Savannah. Rivers overflow, grass grows in abundance, and many herbivores give birth during the rainy season hence making carnivorous animals enjoy an abundance of easy prey.
Similarly, I realized that when good times come to us humans, the universe usually provides everything in excess that we forget that we one day lacked the things we now have.
With this in mind, we must persevere the bad times knowing that when they end, The Universe will give us more than enough. It will give us plenty of love, food, money, and everything we need for living a good life.
By the way, this is not a motivational article. It’s a realization and explanation of natural laws. I wrote the article so that you know that hard times are not that hard because the universe always provides us something to keep us moving during these times. Moreover, I wanted you to stop worrying when hard times come because they will end and pave the way for a season of abundance.
To sum up, I wanted you to realize that The Creator is a wonderful spirit that provides to us during hard times, and ensures we have more than enough in good times, which will always come. THIS IS THE LAW.
“The discovery of natural law is a meeting with God.” – Friedrich Dessauer
“Nature is My Bible.” – Isaac Wechuli
You are welcome to join my facebook private community The Unbounded Wisdom Community for insightful quotes and ideas.
Do you want to AWAKEN and know what’s HIDDEN from you? Subscribe to get a free copy of my 14 page – book: Awaken from The Deep Sleep
SUCCESS1 year ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
QUOTES12 months ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
GENERAL ADVICE1 year ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
IDEAS1 year ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
SUCCESS11 months ago
I Just Realized 5 Great Sacrifices We Have to Make for Us to Be Filthy Rich
Motivation1 year ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
HIDDEN TRUTHS1 year ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
SUCCESS8 months ago
6 Types of People Who Progress Faster
POWER1 year ago
How to Bring Change In A Society or Organization
IDEAS12 months ago
Top 4 Startling Reasons Why Talented Individuals Fail