Getting rich is as a hard as rocks. Despite having to work hard, persist, persevere, build discipline, and embrace patience, we also have to make enormous sacrifices for us to increase our chances of meeting massive financial success.
As I was reading the biographies of self-made millionaires, I realized that none of them became successful without sacrificing a thing or two. Therefore, whether we like it or not, we’ll have to make sacrifices on our journey to riches.
It also dawned on me that the more things we can sacrifice, the quicker we move towards financial success.
I pinpointed the main things I realized we have to sacrifice for us to be rich.
Sleep is sweet, and most of us would sleep forever if given a chance. However, to achieve financial success we must sacrifice sleep because the less we sleep, the more time we’ll have to work on our projects.
Besides 50 Cent, Marissa Mayer (CEO of Yahoo), Donald Trump, and Jack Dorsey (Founder of Twitter) sleep less than 6 hours, and they agree that part of their success is owed to sacrificing sleep.
- Time with Friends
Secondly, for us to be filthy rich, we have to sacrifice the time we spend with our friends, especially unsupportive friends.
When we are with our friends, we always gossip or remind ourselves about childhood memories. We talk and do many things that are not related to financial success. We forget the fact that time is running and time is also money.
We don’t realize that we’ll progress quicker if we use this valuable time to work on our business or cultivate the skills we need to climb the corporate ladder.
- Social Status
Most of us hold a social position that defines who we are in the society, and we are willing to die for it. Little do we know that for us to be wealthy, we must never care about our social status.
The journey to wealth requires humility. Sometimes we’ll have to live a modest lifestyle so that we invest a large percentage of our income in our businesses. Besides this, we might be forced to do odd jobs for us to find money to fund our projects.
To be successful, you need to sacrifice who you are for who you need to be – Eric Thomas
Entertainment wastes a lot of our time.
For instance, we waste more than 6 hours on TV everyday even though it provides zero benefits to us.
For us to be rich, we need to minimize the time we waste on entertainment and use a large part of our time to work our asses off.
- A Relaxed State of Mind
Most of us wish to have a relaxed state of mind. We want to be free from anxiety and stress. However, if we’re going to get rich, we must sacrifice having a relaxed state of mind because the journey to wealth is full of anxiety and stress.
The journey to wealth is full of uncertainties. We’ll always worry about whether we’ll make it or not. And we’ll also be stressed because most of the time, we’ll invest lots of money in projects which will fail. Besides this, we’ll meet millions of obstacles that will stress us to the point of giving up.
For this reason, we must be ready to sacrifice a relaxed state of mind and start embracing worry, anxiety, and stress if we want to be rich.
In conclusion, getting rich is a tough job, because apart from the hard work, we’ll have to sacrifice lots of things. Many people give up after realizing that they’ll have to make significant sacrifices.
However, you and I are not many people. We are the next 1 percent because we have already decided to do whatever it takes. I always encourage myself to make both big and small sacrifices because I know that life is marvelous on the other side.
I hate an ordinary life, I’ve been on the cheering squad for long, it’s time I get in the game, play and get people cheer for me. Therefore, I’m ready to make as many sacrifices as possible, and I believe I will make it. If other people can be rich, why not me? I don’t see why.
Thank You For Reading.
follow me on Twitter and Facebook. Twitter username – Isaac Wechuli. Facebook Username – Wechul Isaac
Facebook Group – The Unbounded Wisdom Community
Also, if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it on social media platforms, i.e facebook, instagram, or twitter.
N/B – Photography – @simplykech – 0735891691
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE
16 Sensational Quotes by the Rich and Famous That Prove Hard Work is the Secret to Success
I have written twice, on why hard work is the secret to success because I believe that hard work works. Today, I compiled quotes I noted down from books, songs, interviews, and speeches of some of the world’s famous millionaires to prove that these folks really believe in hard work.
Here are they
- ‘I never cried, never complained, I just worked hard. To get to where I got to in life, it has been hard work.’ – Mayweather, boxer, (Net worth – around $ 700million).
- ‘I represent being sucker-free, being positive, and working hard. I don’t hate on anybody, I’m not a negative individual, and I just wake up and I just try to work the hardest I can work.’ – Puff Daddy, American Rapper & Entrepreneur (Net worth $810 -900 million)
- ‘I just kept at it. I work, work, work, work. I hate lazy people, I hate laziness.’ – Nicki Minaj, Rapper & Singer (Net worth – $ 70 million)
- ‘They always tell me nobody is working hard as you, and even though I laugh it off men, it’s probably true coz when all my friends are out partying I’m just here making music that they party to.’ – Drake, Rapper (Net worth – $120 Million).
- ‘Dreams don’t work unless you do.’ – John C. Maxwell, American Author & Pastor (Net worth – $ 700 million).
- ‘I have brothers like Rick Ross, and Wayne who are working like non-stop. I think we all push each other harder.’ – Drake, Rapper (Net worth – $120 Million).
- ‘I have never viewed myself as particularly talented, where I excel is ridiculous, sickening work ethic. While the other guy is sleeping, I’m working, while the other guy is eating, I’m working. – Will Smith, Actor (Net worth – $250 million)
- ‘Ignore the naysayers, and WORK LIKE HELL.’ – Arnold Schwarzenegger, Actor (Net worth – $ 400 million)
- ‘If you want to win, there is absolutely no way around hard hard work.’ – Arnold Schwarzenegger, Actor (Net worth-$ 400 million).
- ‘Work-hard, and who knows maybe someday you’ll find yourself standing on the stage, or maybe someday somebody will give you an award calling you an innovator.’ – Justin Timberlake, Singer – Songwriter (Net worth – $230 million).
- ‘I had no money to go to college so I had to work three jobs, and I learned a work ethic that I think made me who I am. I am a very hard worker, I am not the smartest kid in class, but just in terms of being clever and having hustle, I think my career proves that I’ll get it done no matter what – Jason Calacanis, Internet Entrepreneur (Net worth – $20 million).
- ‘Work-hard every waking hour if you are starting a company because if somebody else is working 50 hours and you are working 100, you will get twice as much done in the course of the year.’ – Elon Musk (Net worth- $ 20 billion)
- ‘I think there is no secret to success. It’s all about hard work. It’s about going out there and practicing more than your teammates or opponents.’ – Alex Morgan, Footballer ($ Net worth – $3 million ).
- ‘Talent without hard work is nothing.’ – Christiano Ronaldo, Footballer (Net worth – $400 million)
- ’If you think you can make it without working, you are making a mistake. If you are not going to work hard forget about it.’ – Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor (Net worth – $ 400 million).
- You have to work. I work every day and this is why I’m in the top level. It is not by coincidence it’s because I put extra-work outside the field.’ – Christiano Ronaldo, Footballer (Net worth – $400 million)
Which of the above quotes did you like?
Feel free to join my facebook group Unbounded Wisdom Community for more insightful quotes and discussions.
You are free to join my email list for personal discussions and regular updates.
6 Types of People Who Progress Faster
It recently dawned on me that even after working, praying, and believing, the progress towards success is usually super-slow for most of us. However, there are six types of people who seem to get ahead faster. These guys make quick progress, and for this reason, everybody around them believes they will succeed. These guys are ordinary individuals with exceptional characters.
Here are they:
- The Passionate
Passionate individuals progress quickly because they are obsessed with their work. They work all the time without getting tired because they enjoy their work, and don’t perceive it as work. Their work ethic makes them progress quickly because they do more things within a short period.
A passionate person working 16 hours a day is more likely to get ahead faster than an individual working 10 hours day.
- The Strong Willed
Strong-willed people are highly determined folks who will do whatever it takes to succeed. They progress quicker because nothing can stop them on the road to success. Obstacles never slow them down because they will do everything they can to quickly overcome them.
Besides this, they never waste time thinking of past or possible failures because they only focus on achieving their goals. They fully utilize the present moment and do whatever it takes to meet success.
- Highly Self-Disciplined Individuals
Highly self-disciplined individuals progress faster because they work even when they don’t feel like working. Passionate individuals might progress slower because they might stop working when discouraged or when they don’t feel like working. However, self-disciplined individuals, work even when demotivated, and they don’t need huge doses of motivation for them to keep moving forward.
Furthermore, self-disciplined individuals progress quickly because they seldom get distracted. They never allow anything to stop them from getting things done.
- The Risk-Takers
Risk-takers fail a lot. However, they get ahead faster than those who play safe when their risks pay-off. Risk takers also learn to overcome the fear of failure hence resulting in them progressing quickly because they try out many things, and fail forward. Lastly, risk takers learn a lot from taking risks, and they also meet many opportunities that come from risk-taking.
‘Progress always involves risks. You can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first.’ – Frederick Wilcox
- Emotionally Intelligent Individuals
Emotionally intelligent folks progress quicker because they know how to relate to people. Also, people love to do business deals with them because they are supportive and likable. They, therefore, get ahead faster because they can team up with many individuals and work towards a common goal.
- Individuals who focus on one thing
Individuals who focus on one thing progress quicker than those who invest their efforts in many things/projects. Many individuals usually progress slower because they have a plan B which they also work on because they fear that plan A might fail. Little do they know that having a backup plan slows them down because it divides their attention.
If two people want to succeed in music, and one dedicates all his time on music, while the other one only practices music for 5 hours a day, and uses the rest of the day to work on another project that might provide income in case he fails in music, which of the two will progress faster?
People who have backup plans move slower because they focus on failure and they never trust in their dreams/projects, and abilities. They mostly concentrate on things that will help them in case of failure. However, people who die with one plan/project often succeed quicker, because they believe in themselves/their projects, and they give them 100% of their time and effort.
‘There is no reason to have a plan B because it distracts you from plan A.’ – Will Smith
I always wondered why some people progress quicker than others. For this reason, I studied a number of successful people and I realized that passionate, strong-willed, disciplined, risk-taking, emotionally intelligent individuals, and those who focus on one thing often succeed faster than the rest of us. However, there are many more types of people who get ahead faster, and you are free to mention them in the comment box below.
You are welcome to join my facebook group, Unbounded Wisdom Community for discussions, and powerful quotes
JOIN MY EMAIL LIST FOR UPDATES AND PERSONAL DISCUSSIONS
IDEAS7 months ago
Why You Must Reclaim Your Dignity
SUCCESS6 months ago
The Power of Hard work: 4 Outstanding Effects of Hard Work That Make it The Father of Prosperity
GENERAL ADVICE6 months ago
Live Your Life Because There Is No Timeline of Where You Have to Be or What You Should Be Doing at Any Specific Time/Age
Motivation7 months ago
Why You Should Think Higher Thoughts
HIDDEN TRUTHS6 months ago
Does Religion or Spirituality Influence Financial Success? Find Out.
QUOTES4 months ago
My Top 13 Favourite Quotes from Mark Manson’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*?k
IDEAS5 months ago
Top 4 Startling Reasons Why Talented Individuals Fail
IDEAS7 months ago
Why You Must Never Share Big Ideas with Small Minded People
IDEAS7 months ago
Top 4 Quick and Sure Ways to Conquer Discouragement
POWER7 months ago
How to Bring Change In A Society or Organization